What is the best way to monetize a website?

jeiss

I have been blogging for some months now and I have gotten steady traffic to my website. I have decided to opt in for advertisement in order to make a little revenue from it. I have read about Google AdSense, Clickso, Chitika, Affiliate Marketing and a whole lot of others. Now I'm confused about selecting the right method for displaying paid adverts.

Which one of them pays more and is reliable?

Promoguy

What is your site about?

Chitika never worked for me. Adsense is the one you should go for. Depending on your niche, affiliate is a good earner too.

vishwa

I am using a combination of both AdSense and affiliate marketing. If you are completely newbie in this field than you can go with AdSense. Otherwise you can go with affiliate marketing if you have some experience in it.

JonathanS

JonathanS
Couldn't agree more! To be honest, I'm still learning and gaining experience in monetizing my own website. Currently, I'm solely earning from the affiliation aspect as my traffic through my blog isn't so great. However, the people that do visit tend to click on the links I supply and register active accounts. Personally, I think my SEO articles could be a bit more accurate. So there's room for improvement I'll definitely work on in the near future. But this is my basic approach towards monetizing my website itself along with the content within it.

spartan14

Well for pct adsense its best but in my opinion its pay to less .I would advise you to combine adsense with affiliate marketing or cpa offers .These pay way more and if you get a sale from affiliate marketing you make per average like 30$

Gazoo

If you are getting good targeted traffic to your website then affiliate marketing is going to be hard to beat most of the time. Using this kind of monetization method you can usually make more than programs like Adsense, Chitika and the similar types of programs.

Since you have said that your website is about phones and other mobile type gadgets then you can look into some affiliate programs that offer products or services that are related to those. Share a Sale and CJ Affiliate are good affiliate networks that you can find a lot of different products and services that you can market on your site.

If you are already Adsense approved then using a mixture of both Adsense advertisements and affiliate advertisements is often a good combination to use on many websites.

Rob Whisonant

Find out what problems your visitors are having. Look for a problem that a large number of visitors have. The more of a problem it is, the better.

Now find a product that SOLVES that problem and market that product to them.

If you don't know what problems your visitors have, visit forums that they visit and see what questions they ask over and over.

brucealmighty

If you can qualify for Adsense it's always a good idea. Also you can try Taboola and put some native ads , I think it can go well with your niche, lot's of articles about phone gadgets. Also if you want to top off your revenue you can try Admaven with a popunder ad.

stoneman

The best way to monetize on your site is by believing that you can monetize this site, then everything else comes in, so what is the main thing "idea" can you seat and think on how to monetize your blog on your own without anybody's affiliate program or AdSense, sure they are so many ways to do that, you can be selling backlinks to other sites, like contextual links that is a very nice way to make money from big sites on your niche, so you just have to be more calculative and more reasonable to make your site a better place thanks

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views