Do you think that Facebook is safe?

BatmanWayne

I have knew that some people have been hacked from their accounts on Facebook, also, there is a lot of viruses in some accounts that share a lot of "information" and when someone open it, it is a virus, so tell me, do you feel safe with Facebook?

dahunsi

I also noticed the trend of viruses and hacks that have befallen the Facebook domain of recent. Personally, I decided to stay away from Facebook for a while so I could monitor things and return if things got better. While I must say that things have slightly improved, I still think that people need to be safer on Facebook. Make sure to monitor the type of information that you share. That way, even if a hack comes your way, you won't have much to lose.

Athenagdlyt

Safety on Facebook also depends on how much information or images you are willing to post out there. Since there are millions of users (both real and fake) on Facebook, it's like a jungle out there. Post at your own risk and click at your own risk. Nothing is 100% safe online including Facebook, but at least we can control the privacy, tagging, wall posting, etc on our accounts. We have to be wary of links and videos posted on facebook as these can result to the hacking of our accounts. I guess we have all seen warnings of these things.

JoeMilford

I have also known friends and associates who have been hacked on facebook. I've been on there for over a decade now and have not had this happen, so maybe I am just lucky, but I do think one definitely has to be very careful about what is shared on facebook for a variety of reasons. Even just when you are in the job market, you need to remember that's it's not just potential hackers, spammers, or cons trolling your social media--your web presence is, unfortunately at times, a signature and sketch of who you are, to a degree, and it can follow you and haunt you in a variety of ways.

Rob Whisonant

It's really no different than any other site. Use common sense about what you click on. Use strong passwords and make sure you are running virus software.

Angel07

From a general point of view, nothing is really 'safe' in the world, everything can be dangerous, even Facebook, you can get your account hacked, your personal information misused, your photos stolen, everything could happen, but if you keep focused on what's safe and what's not you wouldn't have a life at all because as I said before there is nothing really safe in this world, what we can do is be cautious with our information, adjust our privacy settings, consider the friends we have, pay attention to new friend requests, think twice before posting something too personal and be aware that problems may happen no matter how safe it seems to be. Have a social life is important but we need to be careful.

ryo ionut

Facebook is a safe place as long as you don't post purely personal/financial information that can lead to hacking .Everything is questionable,but paying attention is highly recommended,otherwise it can cost you dearly.As the technology advances,many fraud ways appear and social media is one the vulnerable domains ,so we must be very careful(passwords, virus software are mandatory)

Henrywrites

I think Facebook can be safe if its users are careful of the links they click on using the Facebook site. I have seen so many links that tell one to click and you will watch one video or the other and whenever I see those links, I do not try clicking on them for that is a way those hackers have access to the information that connects one to Facebook. There have issues of some sites that when you visit, they will ask you to provide your Facebook details so as to give you one information or the other and once you do so, they will use that to have access to your accounts.

So, I think if Facebook users can be careful not to visit any link they see on the site, it will minimize the risk of them losing their Facebook accounts. I never had issues with Facebook for I am always careful on the site that I visit.

betty3

Yes, it's safe, when you go to internet shop or cafe, do not leave your account open, it is very open for hacking, and use a very strong password that will keep your account always safe.

Heatman

Well, what I have come to believe in today's world is that nothing is safe completely 100 percent. There is no amount of security that would still be able to prevent some online platform from hackers. These people just don't rest. It's their life dedication to ruin platforms and dupe people.

Facebook security measures are always being updated because of hackers and I believe that they are doing quite a reasonable good job. Although there are still cases of hacks but it's not too much as of late. Personally I think it's safe up to 89% percent rating if I should put it in such manner.

victoroj

There is no safe place here in the online world, we just have to be very vigilant and responsible in everything we do and every information we provide. Facebook is no excuse, I've heard a lot of stories about accounts being hacked and lives ruined because of it. The difference between being safe and not lies in our hands. We are responsible for our own account. Hackers and thieves are everywhere, make sure you are protected. Change your password from time to time, make sure your account is connected to your phone number, so you will be notified if someone else is using your account and/or changing the information on your account. Also, make sure that the e-mail address you provided is active and is regularly checked. Make sure that you don't share very personal information on the internet, you are responsible for your own action. Never trust people you just met on Facebook. Again, the difference between being safe and not lies in our hands.

lucykups

Actually sometimes, the problem is not on the website but its on the users. Most users just give almost every information about themselves on social media sites, especially on facebook, so you're actually risking yourself from all the people that might do you wrong, some even want to have it all in public and not just between them and their friends. Nothing's safe now a days, even water is not safe. Its how one acts really, and how you should be the one to protect yourself and not those sites or any other things.

vicsylicious

vicsylicious

I completely agree with what you said. Which is rare for me. I was a huge Facebook junkie and used it as a primary means of social interaction. My account was disabled by Facebook when they demanded i use my real name. I declined. They rejected my request to invoke trial by combat and demanded ID. I decided to produce my own blog instead. My friends and family can see pictures of my son and see what's going on in my life there if they want to. Not being on Facebook has come with a certain loneliness. However i have become 10 times more productive.

SirenOnFire

I guess it really depends on the extent of how careful you are on opening sites being linked there, and the people you accept as friends. I think that if you allow people that you actually really know in person access to your Facebook account, there won't be much problem with privacy, and virus stuff. That aside, I don't do Facebook much anymore but for reasons other than security.

AmieBotella

JFacebook is posplar therefore there are a lot more stories you may read about getting hacked via Facebook. But the reality of it is that it is basically everywhere. it's like the plankton in the sea. You just have to be cautious and smart enough to know the signs of the sites that are harmful. Educate yourself about theses things.

vishwa

Look, Nothing in this world is secure. You have to take some preventing steps to counter the hacking attempts to your Facebook. Some of them are using a strong passwords. Change your password frequently. Link your mobile number to your account. This will alert you if someone tries to log in to your account. Don't send friend request to unknown person as it may be risky for you. These are some of the steps to make your account secure.

naoki1515

Facebook is not a hundred percent safe. There are some nude videos and photos that still can be posted because of the virus. Some people also use facebook for their own reasons such as to convince female/male to meet them in person not knowing, that person have bad intention towards them.
Facebook is also used for blackmailing others, like a couple who had a fight or the girl wants to leave the relationship. The nude videos or photos would be used against them.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies