How To Rank on Local Search Engines ?

damizille

Hello Friends,

I have a site which i write local content for my country readers and i do my best to optimize the article and post well with my country keyword and another great thing I did was fix my country name in the domain name but yet am not getting traffic from the local search engine but just the Google.com .

I went further by going for some link building campaigns and all I notice was that my site was ranking for the general search engine but not locally, I don't know what to do to change all that and begin to rank for local terms in the local search engine.

Please has anyone experienced this? please if you have; how did you go about it and were you able to find a solution to this people? all contributions are highly welcomed.

Thanks

veronicaa

add your country in the meta tags and also use keywords that have your country name or any other town in your country

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I have a site which i write local content for my country readers and i do my best to optimize the article and post well with my country keyword and another great thing I did was fix my country name in the domain name but yet am not getting traffic from the local search engine but just the Google.com
The problem is you did SEO for your keywords on local sites or international sites? If you do on international sites then your keywords obviously will get better rankings on Google.com
In the other words, you should target users in Google webmaster tool

target-user-google-webmaster-tools.png

I went further by going for some link building campaigns and all I notice was that my site was ranking for the general search engine but not locally, I don't know what to do to change all that and begin to rank for local terms in the local search engine.
Your link building campaigns should be done on local sites again and always keep in mind this SEO factor.
If not, your keywords are always getting better rankings on Google.com

damizille

add your country in the meta tags and also use keywords that have your country name or any other town in your country
hello Veronicaa, I have done those also... thanks very much for contributing

The problem is you did SEO for your keywords on local sites or international sites? If you do on international sites then your keywords obviously will get better rankings on Google.com
In the other words, you should target users in Google webmaster tool

View attachment 2174

Your link building campaigns should be done on local sites again and always keep in mind this SEO factor.
If not, your keywords are always getting better rankings on Google.com
Yea, I saw something like this some while back and I was thinking setting the country in Web Master Tools will also affect the foreign traffic i was getting that was why I did not set it

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I think you are talking about these tags
Code:
<meta name=”geo.placename” content=”Place Name“>
<meta name=”geo.region” content=”Country Subdivision Code“>
But they are optional tags and will not help more in ranking a site in local search because I have a few sites ranked well in local search engine without using these tags.

Yea, I saw something like this some while back and I was thinking setting the country in Web Master Tools will also affect the foreign traffic i was getting that was why I did not set it
It has no difference between ranking for an international site and a local site, you just use SEO techniques for international site for your local site, that will be fine and well ranked on which search engine you are expecting to rank for your site for sure.

nesir

using keywords of your local place , google maps api, also a very strong NAP presence on all of your pages , google my business , use of schema markups is also a great tool to help you get started locally , focus your link building on local sites , a few "your city : directories , blogs , forums ect ect.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.