Could you make a living online?

sima061

I know a lot of people earn some side money online, but that's aside from their regular jobs. Is anyone here who earns all of their income online and lives on it?
I haven't heard that often. What I have heard, was from marketers, not someone just sharing their experience, so that's again something I'm not sure if I can believe.
Anyone willing to share their thoughts?

Pink_Turtle

Yes you could. I actually used to have a full time “regular” job and give it up to “online jobs”. They’re actually better paid here and I get to have my own schedule. I still apply a lot of my knowledge and experience in health because I’m actually a nurse but it has served me well…

sima061

That sounds great! What kind of jobs do you do? Most of online jobs that I've heard about are jobs on upwork, or other sites like it, you know, that type of freelancing.

homebizmom

Yes you can! I do affiliate marketing and love it. But, it depends on what your preference is as there many ways you can make a nice income online.

tim_cloudcone

Yeah you can make a living online. But I won't recommend it unless what you're doing is something you really love. But if you just want to make some side money, online work is great.

If you're someone who loves to write, you can find loads of online content writing jobs which will make you a decent amount of money. But I don't think you should get into doing something which you might not enjoy as going out and getting a real job will probably be much more interesting than doing something you don't love online just for the sake of making money.

Lem

I write, and make a decent amount of money online (enough to live off). I have a variety of gigs (and that's the key - variety!). There's no guarantee on any day that what you did yesterday will still be around, so having options is amazing. Like I say, I write in a few places - some of which require more brainpower than others so I can take my time and do what I fancy in the day.

stoneman

Yes I do am a blogger and have blogged for a long time, I love writing articles and making threads, that's what makes me happy and the best part of it is that i earn income from what I love doing,

that's the best thing that have happened in my life, you can make a huge income online and use it for a living people work from home and live their happy life with families and friends,

Think about working from home you don't have to spend anything on transport all you have to spend on is food, and you don't expose yourself to some weather climates like hurt weathers,

You will just find out that you are living a happy life working online and free from some certains things like airborne diseases etc Enjoy yourself thanks

carla281

Making a full time income

Hello Everyone, There are many ways to make a substantial income online; for example, writing, building websites, coding applications, and much more. As stated, I also believe variety is the key factor. I have tried many ways to produce a full-time income and enjoy it because I am my own boss. That in itself is a winner for me.

Writing has always interested me but you need to be patient, organized and in some cases have a good imagination. I may try it one day. Affiliate marketing is also very interesting. I have heard that some people have been quite successful. In addition to these opportunities, there is also website testing. Depending on how much work you receive you can make a good amount of money.

giovanniiiii

Like actual jobs, one will need skills and patience too when it comes to working online. I have been trying to earn small amount of money just for my own allowance and I could say that I earn $40 a month. I know it might not be much for people here but in my country, it is already worth so much.
The work you could try really depends on the skills you have. I have seen people writing and teaching english language online. Although there are resources that are available if you believe that you still need to train your skills.

ryo ionut

Yes, I do believe you can make a living online,as a blogger/freelancer,web hosting.The amount of money you can earn by doing this,it's totally up to you,how good and passionate you are,if your skills are really good and you love your job,I guess you can make a decent income.For me,for the moment this is a side job,I am still learning about this alternative,a pleasant and confortable one.

CookieJarMoney

Hi, I have been successfully working at home since 2005. I am single so have no one to count on to pay my mortgage & bills but myself so I had to get up & running fairly quickly and as a Freelancer, spend part of my time always with one eye open for a great opportunity that would allow me to work at home. A lot of new people ask 'what I do' and I will explain, but what really matters is what can you do? what do you like to do? what are your skills? - what is it that you bring to the table that someone would pay for?

I'm a Freelancer and always have several projects in my Portfolio any given time. Some are projects that I work on year after year, others p/t gigs and projects that I work on to fill in the gaps. What I myself look for are projects that fit my unique talents & skills - ones that I will enjoy working on. My background is in Management/Marketing and my specialty is Data Research, Data Collection & Data Entry. But I do a wide variety of other projects that I am qualified to do.

Where do I get my job leads? From both paid & unpaid resources. What has worked for me is to narrow down my focus, whip up a killer resume & apply only to those job leads that I know I can do & would be good at. SO while I may only apply to one or two good leads a week while looking for work, I have had enough success to keep me working at home since 2005.

Today, my projects include GAO (data entry), Court Research (date entry), Merchandiser (from home), Transcription (voice mail to text), and I am an artist and happen to have several orders for signs right now. I also have a FB page (soo rocks - online magazine) that I'm building a fan base from for future sales and advertising revenue potential.

btw: telecommuting/ remote workers is only projected to grow - self employment tax benefits are also encouraging to those who pursue this avenue, I would have to make a LOT more money to give up my insurance rates, and make up for my tax deductions.

LinkHeros

I gave up my day job two years ago and now work full time online, and I love the freedom it brings. I actually work more hours per week than I ever did, but I'm doing something I enjoy, on my own terms, and I make money for me and no one else!

If you want to work online, I would recommend you have more than one income stream. Income from online working can be volatile and more unstable than a regular job. For example I have a few websites that earn money from Amazon Affiliates, and if Amazon one day decided to stop that program the income stream would dry up. I also run an SEO business and have websites that earn money from different sources, so by diversifying my income streams I am making sure I will survive if one of them disappears.

Yourpwet

Yourpwet
Wow, congratulations! This is what I want to become in the future! I hope that someday, I'll be able to quit my day job and be able to live purely off my online earnings.

You are a living testament that making a living online is possible. I also make a decent amount of earnings online which is enough to cover up some of my expenses. With a little more effort, I think I would be able to quit my work and focus on my online projects full time.

As of now, my main money maker is Adsense. I plan add more income streams to my online projects later on. I hope I can make my dream a reality. :)

CookieJarMoney

Multiple Streams of Income has been key for me. As mentioned by others companies come & go online, and some of best working 'gigs' have simply dried up or outsourced overseas so it's always good to have a couple of 'eggs in our baskets'. Another great reason for having multiple streams of income is because it's a foundation to building wealth. One strategy for Affiliate Marketers is to look for opportunities for residual income - which will leverage your earnings faster.

leeannhargrave

Yes, you can make a living online, however, I am yet to get there. I started out about 4-5 months ago and have just in the last two months, found what I really like. I am working part-time for a blog/forum posting company and I love it! I also am a member of several other writing sites and I'm just now starting to get offers. You have to start out small on those sites and increase your wages with the number of jobs you get. I didn't realize that I loved writing about different things so much but it has been a wonderful turn for me. My time is my own and I'm my own boss. I work where I want, when I want and doing what I love. Passion is everything!

ColdFlameChris

I still believe that you can make a living online. Although I'm earning only a few bucks through Transcriptionist, I still think that I'll still find a job that would give me an enough earnings or I'll master being a transcriptionist and earn just like the others which is $100 per week. We just need to dig deep so we can find the right job for us online.

johnrajiv123

In my case, I used to be a full time online English teacher. The only thing that I did was find a good webcam and headphones with good microphone and I went to town. I'd say the earning was pretty good and It was over all a wonderful experience for me. The only reason I quit was because I somehow felt that I really miss the outside world. I missed going out on lunch break with my office mates and hanging out with them after work.

SimplyD

For me no. The earnings at online money making sites is not enough to sustain one a living. It is still best to have it as a sideline, just like me, because if you don't have a lot of time in these sites, you will not earn much.
Though, like the online earning sites like this, interacting is enjoyable because eventually you get to earn lots of friends from all over the world. Sharing experiences would make you feel that you know that already by always reading their posts.
But they can't sustain a living. Good if they are those that pay you for high paying jobs online.

kevinfeb4

I know a couple of friends who do freelance jobs and they get their clients online. It depends though on what kind of online business you would want to start. Would you like to offer some sort of service that you can send and receive online? Or would you rather have products which you can sell on your timeline or site and just workout how you can do the receiving of payment and shipping of the product. Basically, you can do most things online but up to what extent is up to you depending on how you set your online business up. :)

Gizamulake07

Absolutely! I have a lot of friends and even family that are now considering going full time to work online. It has become a very efficient way of making money.

You might even be shocked to see all the possible jobs you can do online to earn extra income or even consider it as your primary jobs. Online jobs has indeed become a revolutionary. It has helped a lot of people.

JouvanJohnson

It is very possible and I know that as a fact because I have done it myself with my height I was earning $5k per month. I am currently starting over and will surpass that and smash it. ;)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.