How effective is Instagram for promotion?

PenguinManiac

Compared to its big brothers, Instagram looked like a youngster in the past years, but it quickly grew more and more influential as time went, dominating young audiences by satisfying their impelling need for popularity.
Instagram is structurally and mentally different from Facebook and Twitter, which gives us a very odd tool to play with for advertising, but with all in all great potential for the right niches.

Considering how individual-focus Instagram is, how effective can it be to promote a website and redirect traffic to it? How can you motivate your followers to visit it if they've already got all they're looking for on your Instagram page?

Pink_Turtle

When I created my business I actually had more success with Facebook than instagram. I dont know if it was because I was an older generation and I didnt know how to use it well but it didnt work for me. My focus is generally in older people and busy people and as they arent that comfortable with IG yet I think that’s why my Facebook page succeeded more.

dahunsi

I think Instagram is an awesome tool for promotion. However, if you're to make use of it well, you need to go through a proper channel. You'll also need to build a strong presence on the social networking platform that will be able to convince new people when they come to visit your site. The unfortunate thing is that most people don't know how to use Instagram well for promotions. Nevertheless, you could use it and have it work wonders for you.

PenguinManiac

When I created my business I actually had more success with Facebook than instagram. I dont know if it was because I was an older generation and I didnt know how to use it well but it didnt work for me. My focus is generally in older people and busy people and as they arent that comfortable with IG yet I think that’s why my Facebook page succeeded more.
Let's keep in mind that Facebook has literally billions of people on there, Instagram must have a quarter of that or less. Still, as you and I both said, the average age of the addressable audience really makes a difference.

I think Instagram is an awesome tool for promotion. However, if you're to make use of it well, you need to go through a proper channel. You'll also need to build a strong presence on the social networking platform that will be able to convince new people when they come to visit your site. The unfortunate thing is that most people don't know how to use Instagram well for promotions. Nevertheless, you could use it and have it work wonders for you.
You need to understand how younger people think, probably. Most of them are there to show off and to follow other people doing the same. It's hard to make them change their mind to the point of buying something, unless it can interest them directly, especially if said products already belongs to this kind of niche (I guess make-up products, cameras and photography accessories could sell well, but that's just a guess from an outsider).

igzy

Interesting topic!
I see Instagram as similar to Pinterest. It can be used effectively to promote something that has visual appeal. Of course, if your site has great pictures, it might result in good promotion. However, the audience will be niche for the most part of it. When it comes to redirecting, it's hard to do it if you are providing all the necessary info on your instagram page itself!!

Jeff

IG's audience are more for the younger generation and you can entice them with a lot of visuals. After the hype has been created to the point that most of the followers ask where the stuff was bought (assuming it's a product and not a service), drop your link and feature people who have bought and used it. There are various ways other than that. One thing you need to know is you have to be current, always have something to show with what you think the followers would -maybe- need or want in a timely manner. Research. Explore. Present.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Instagram does really rely on trends a lot. I guess it could be deem unreliable compared to other promotion platforms, since it really puts limitation on what products you can sell, but it's useful if you want to focus on exploiting it. I wonder if the trade-off is worth it, though.

rachel patel

Instagram promotion is cost-effective and easily connect with your niche customer. Nowadays Instagram is the most popular image sharing social network. every day you can update your target audience with your new launches and demo your product through videos.

RosieYingling

This assists skyrocket reach and is extremely effective in case your primary objective is high visibility. Instagram's algorithm's,much such as other social media platforms, operates off of an acceleration/virality factor. You will find over 800 posts made per second on Instagram across more than 1 billion monthly active users as of 2018.

OrlandoHernandezRe

Instagram Promote is an attractive feature much like that of Facebook Boost, by which you can pay to your posts reach more people. When you tap Promote on anInstagram post, the article is duplicated in the form of a new advertisement.

Waqass

I dont think so it would match the potentional of fb. As said above its more of a causal activity rather than for serious buyers. Most of the products I have seen on it are makeup products and saloon promotions.

Fishtrombone

Best answer
Instagram has become one of the most popular and actively used Internet platforms as it provides different options ( chat, stories function, ability to send voicemails and photos), and of course it's one of the most ctively used Internet platforms. You can use it both for private goals or for promotion of your blog/ product/ business. Also you can use hashtags that are closely related to the topic of your page.You can surely advertise your goods by providing activity on your page, just post really interesting stuff with unique information about your business,use bright pictures. zen-promo.com/unfollow_app is also a good way to promote Instagram if you have it. This service will help you to attract more followers to your profile. It also offers some extra functions i.e. account protection and offline mode. You can try a trial version free for 7 days.

Nizam18

Instagram promotions' biggest use case is creating brand awareness. By boosting a post, you can kickstart the snowball effect and get posts the traction they deserve. This helps skyrocket reach and is very effective if your primary goal is high visibility.

audie123

It actually depends on what kind of promotion you are making. There are products/services that won't work in Instagram. You have to analyze whether you are targeting the right audience in IG.

mohammedzabeulla

Pinterest along with tailwinds wil be a good option than instagram to get the audience or for promotions of products you can try instagram or pinterest

Waldenverney

An Instagram page can be promoted in different ways. The first one that is considered the most honest and correct, but hard to achieve is to keep posting daily pics, stories and posts. These will make the content more interesting and catchy, thus attracting more followers, views and comments. More people will keep visiting your profile, more popularity you will have. It’s all about the activity you will have on your page. Personally, I have noticed that more I post, the more feedback I get from other people. Another way to promote the account is to buy views and followers. I don’t understand this method, because eventually Instagram will catch those fake accounts and delete them. It will work only for a short period. However, how can you buy Instagram views? There are intermediary apps, which helps you to achieve a higher popularity. Overall, if you want to promote something just keep posting as crazy all that pops up in your head and feed.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.