Facebook still has the power?

WildSpirit

The technology changes constantly, this is a fact and those who do not seek to renew themselves, can lose the rank of being "the best" in their functions.

Do you think that Facebook still reigns supreme when it comes to "social media platforms" or is it being threatened by a competitor that can cause you "problems" in the not-too-distant future?

JoeMilford

I have to agree that, globally, I would say that facebook does still "have the power". It seems to be, and is statistically, I'd say, the most popular and most used social media platform out there. I know that I use it everyday, and I keep in touch with friends from all over the world there.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I think the great trump of Facebook is precisely the fact that you can always communicate with people around the world in an extremely simple / easy way. :)

This is something really revolutionary (at least for me)! :clap:

tim_cloudcone

Yeah Facebook is still definitely on the top and I don't see that changing anytime soon. People are so used to Facebook and familiar with it. So I personally think that even if someone comes up with a social media platform so much better and powerful than Facebook, people will still keep using Facebook. If I want to send a quick message to someone I use Facebook most of the time. And most people just scroll through the news feed on Facebook without any reason when they're bored.

I think Facebook's influence on people is too great for it to go away or start causing any problems any time soon. Most of my relatives who haven't even touched a computer or a smartphone in their lives know well about Facebook.

andrewskyler

If the business is very likely, twitter is a very friendly platform easy to help people in the same field connected with each other.
As for the other "time wasted things" I do not think so, Facebook is too famous for the youth today

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I think competitors exist, but they can't reinvent themselves like Facebook usually does. :)

This is the big problem because some social media platforms have the potential to be better someday, but they still don't work so hard for that (or at least they haven't found a way to do this).

JoeMilford

Tim--
That is so true what you just said. My mom is pretty much a Luddite when it comes to technology--however, she is all over facebook all day and uses it to keep up with my siblings and I, even on the level of harassment, lol. I agree with you here--facebook is very easy to use and easy to manage--it is also infectious to those who are new to social media.

Henrywrites

There is no doubt that Facebook is still the reigning king when it comes to social media usage considering a number of members that still visits the site every passing day and with the number of posts that its users make on the site every day. I still don't see any other other social media site taking over from Facebook anytime soon when you consider that Facebook keeps changing over time with the addition of new feautres such as the live vidoes and the rest whic still makes the users visit its on each passing day.

Someone like me based my online presence on Facebook and rarely visit other social media sites for I feel comfortable and at home, each time I use the facebook to chat

williamk

The technology changes constantly, this is a fact and those who do not seek to renew themselves, can lose the rank of being "the best" in their functions.

Do you think that Facebook still reigns supreme when it comes to "social media platforms" or is it being threatened by a competitor that can cause you "problems" in the not-too-distant future?
Yes, Facebook stills reigns supreme in connecting people, there by giving it an advantage over every other social media platforms. It has managed to keep over 1 billion people posting and engaging through their site, hence, opening an available market place for businesses.

williamk

Yes, Facebook is supreme in the social media platform, there is no near competitor since they bought their competition, when they bought Instagram and whatsapp, I don't believe there is anyother competitorin the near future.

Earl Julius

In my country the Philippines, years ago, text messaging was still very popular, but when social media made a boom, Filipinos immediately went with the hype, not only do we use Facebook to connect, we also use it to deliver Very important messages thru chat, such messages as tracking number for a package, control no. for money sent, and the likes. Bottom line, when the people trusts a company, surely it has a hold in their lives, and that is where Facebook shows it power which is increasingly observable until today.

Nizam18

66% of social media users log on to learn about new products and services. Customers who like a business on Facebook are 79% more likely to make a new purchase than non-fans.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views