How could a gamer make online income ?

fishmonk

I have heard of some websites who pay you to test and play games.
Have you guys participated in any of these sites ?
I know that it's possible to stream on Twitch or even make Youtube videos.
Otherwise, what are the options to make online income as a gamer.
However, you need to build a viewer base to succeed in these avenues.
Your sharing is much appreciated.

Lem

This entirely depends. Do you have any background in game development? A quick search on upWork shows that what people really want is for you to play their games and then offer feedback on what they need to do to them to improve. You're going to be repetitively playing the same levels and games over and over again. It's possibly not quite what you think!

shilpa

Sell your game experiences, advertise games and other related services. Do affiliate marketing, do AdSense, write about a game (a game review). Make a marketing strategy even if you're writing about games. Game reviews may earn you a lot, if you're constantly working on your descriptive skills. Remember to be creative and explicit in your style and approach. Write to educate and make people love a game but not to fool them, telling them a particular game is outclass when it is just an ordinary game.

Unknown

I think that getting hired as a game tester for a gaming business or a company of the likes of IGN and so on, is nearly impossible. They have plenty of great candidates with previous experience in this areas so don't even bother going in that direction. Another ''bad'' idea is considering going professional because you need to give up most of your real life.

You mentioned that you know about Twitch and YouTube. Twitch.tv is easily the most profitable thing if you can make it to the big boys. You need a steady fan base before you will even get over 10 viewers on Twitch though so I'd suggest you start branding and advertising yourself. Set up various social media profiles, set up your stream and try to promote it. Different giveaways are a very common way of attracting new subs and viewers to the streaming platforms.

Other than streaming you can try to set up a blog and do gaming reviews? but again, it's not easy to market so you will need to stand out from the crowd. You need to show something new or you won't get anywhere.

Another thing is making guides. If you're good at a particular game you can submit them to various sites and possibly get a paying gig.

JoeMilford

I assume that people who make YouTube tutorial videos and the like, such as with Skyrim and Minecraft, make money through YouTube if they get enough traffic? I would assume that there is a ton of competition in this arena, but that is not said to discourage you. Just like freelancing in any culture--keep at it, research, keep frequenting forums--I have found that frequenting forums is a almost like taking free seminars in your field.

Yourpwet

You can make a gaming website and share different stuff about games. Walkthroughs perhaps. Or video game reviews while including affiliate links leading to video game products. Reviews of video games would definitely be a great way to generate sales.

You could also download apps like Tapporo or Uento. These apps give you points for downloading games and playing them. These points could then be used to redeem PayPal cash. These apps don't pay much but at least you still make some money by merely playing video games.

tenthztar

I agree with them you can market your knowledge to other gamers. You can make your own gaming website post tutorials of the games, Answer questions and you can sell gaming goodies. I prefer gamer shirts with a tag line of my favorite hero. I want to make some t shirt designs to sell, for example Alucard in mobile legends that keeps saying "Nothing last forever, but we can change the future". I can make that tag line into my shirt and voila put a chibi design on the back and it's done.

KingCronusJr

I know that it's possible to stream on Twitch or even make Youtube videos.
Otherwise, what are the options to make online income as a gamer.
However, you need to build a viewer base to succeed in these avenues.
Everyone has to start from scratch, and of course it would take time to be well-known but since gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry, there are a ton of ways to take advantage on this.

Being a gamer my self, I always wanted to make money by doing what I love most so I decided to work as a game guide writer. I have written articles, guides, cheats, and walkthroughs for various employers through the work-portal called oDesk (now known as UpWork). As most projects would require tedious research, 50% of your time would be spent trying the game out. Yes, that's right! My employers would create an account for me to test the game out.

I started writing about PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games which later progressed on Android and iOS games as it was more in demand. Although it was fun playing with gaming consoles, it was more convenient playing on a tablet as I was not limited on playing at home. There is quite a high demand with the new PlayStation 4 games but I prefer working on mobile games now.

Writing is one option but you could always be a commentator or reviewer. Those type of gaming jobs even pay you a lot more compared to writing. So regardless if you are not yet known as a famous YouTuber, what matters most is finding the right employer to hire you to work for their growing YouTube channel. If English is your native language, then that might be a great field for you to indulge in. :boxing::ertery:

Store

In youtube you can find a lot of videos of people playing video games.
Just take video of you while playing games. As you play, you also commenting base on your experiences while playing.

I've seen a lot of gamers earned millions of views just playing the latest released games.
As viewers you also enjoying just watching them play.
I myself from time to time enjoys watching these type of videos, i don't know why but i find it interest.
You can just imagine how many others will also watch these videos and helps increase views.

So there's one example of how can a gamer earn online....
Thanks everyone.....

Judas2018

Gamers mostly make money online by participating in every facet of their niche or community. They have a blog or website that turns a profit if it gets strong traffic. Advertising plays into that. They also game in tournaments where they might take home a cash prize. Twitch and Youtube play-through videos which make money for them again, through advertising. Lastly, the really good or connected ones are allowed to test games for major companies. Some gamers even have direct connections to gaming companies. They aren't sent the game through a middle man, they get a beat version of a new game directly from a company rep him or herself.

johnrajiv123

I think the best to way make money as an online gamer is to make a channel where you play different games and discuss different strategies. A lot of gamers turn to online video tutorials to improve the quality of their play style. You can also upload highlights of professional matches for online games such as DOTA, League of Legends and many more. I am actually an example of an online gamer that utilizes YouTube videos to improve my DOTA skills.

mfin

A gamer can make an online income if he engage himself in live streaming. Live streaming can help in generating a large audience hence the gamer can ask for subscriptions or donations. Aside from live streaming, a gamer can publish 'game guides' as e-books or upload video guides to YouTube in which he can monetize the YouTube video guides through ads while the ebook route earns revenue through sales.

baban

Just upgrade the account and sell it online. Like playing LOL or CROSSFIRE or ARUAROSE. you can make money playing that kind of games. GOOD LACK.
or Improve your self and play international tournaments. DOTA 2 is a million-dollar prize tournament.

jeksaturday

I know for a fact that if you are a gamer, you know what GM's are. You can actually become a Game Moderator from your home, just find some companies that hires gamers to become a Game Master/Moderator. I found one back in 2015, but I stopped since I want to focus on my online business during that time.

In addition to this, you can actually stream games with Twitch and create gameplay videos on YouTube, which I do as well. I'm not the most famous game streamer out there, but at least I earned even a single penny on my videos.

fern2x2001

I started uploading videos in youtube way back in 2009 where i recorded videos of me
and my friends playing video games. In the beginning, it was just for fun. Then it started to gain some
views from people who are also interested in the same genre of the game that we were playing. Then youtube
noticed it and they emailed me saying that my videos are starting to gain popularity and they are inviting me to become they're partner. Which means, that i could start monetizing my videos and make some money from them. But because of ignorance,
i didn't respond. It's only in 2016 that i started to really look into it and it's possibility to earn real
money for me online. So i became a partner with youtube and i uploaded more videos in my channel which
also gained more views. Little little, money started to grow in my channel and I'm very happy because i get to earn money
online while doing what i love, to play games.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.