Most useful Wordpress plugins?

PenguinManiac

Wordpress is a great CMS, and what makes it even better is its modular nature: in fact, you're able to implement features that would otherwise be absent through usage of plugins. There are many different kinds of them, each used in a different niche, and they can be useful for all kinds of implementations, from minor to major ones (like e-commerce plugins).

What are the most useful ones you use on your website? They don't have to be anything groundbreaking, even small plugins that make your website look nicer or make it easier for you to peform any task will do.

vishwa

Some of my favorite WordPress plugin that I am using in my blog is Jetpack, Yoast SEO, Askimet, WP Optimize, WP Smush, Wordfence, WP Fatsest cache. These plugins help me to make my blog more functional. I also recommending these plugins to my readers as well.

tim_cloudcone

These are the plugins that I use on most of my websites:

• AddToAny Share Buttons - You can easily add social share buttons to posts.
  • Co-Authors Plus - Add multiple authors for the same posts and even add guest authors without creating WordPress accounts.
  • Hide Admin Bar Toolbar - Hides the toolbar without having to hide it from individual users account settings.
  • Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails - Display recent posts widget with thumbnails.
  • Yoast SEO

I don't recommend activating a lot of plugins on your WordPress site though. It can degrade performance. Try to activate only the plugins you really require.

PenguinManiac

Some of my favorite WordPress plugin that I am using in my blog is Jetpack, Yoast SEO, Askimet, WP Optimize, WP Smush, Wordfence, WP Fatsest cache. These plugins help me to make my blog more functional. I also recommending these plugins to my readers as well.
Jetpack sounds quite like a nice package, a jack of all trades (hopefully not a master of none). I had already heard about Yoast SEO around, and this only further confirms its qualities.

These are the plugins that I use on most of my websites:

• AddToAny Share Buttons - You can easily add social share buttons to posts.
  • Co-Authors Plus - Add multiple authors for the same posts and even add guest authors without creating WordPress accounts.
  • Hide Admin Bar Toolbar - Hides the toolbar without having to hide it from individual users account settings.
  • Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails - Display recent posts widget with thumbnails.
  • Yoast SEO

I don't recommend activating a lot of plugins on your WordPress site though. It can degrade performance. Try to activate only the plugins you really require.
Yeah, performance is a real issue for both loading times and management. What sounds weird, though, is that some of these features are not implemented natively into WP. Plugins are fun and all, but we can't add one for stuff that could be turned into a simple toggle (like the first three plugins you mentioned).

Besides that I usually make use of Reviewer, W3 Total Cache, BJ Lazy Load plugins to make my websites look professional and have good performance.
W3 Total Cache sounds like another popular candidate. It's my first time hearing about Lazy Load, though, but I looked it up and it sounds very useful.

garakelim

Wordpress is a great CMS, and what makes it even better is its modular nature: in fact, you're able to implement features that would otherwise be absent through usage of plugins. There are many different kinds of them, each used in a different niche, and they can be useful for all kinds of implementations, from minor to major ones (like e-commerce plugins).

What are the most useful ones you use on your website? They don't have to be anything groundbreaking, even small plugins that make your website look nicer or make it easier for you to peform any task will do.
We mostly use SEO based wordpress plugins:
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
2. All In One SEO Pack
3. Premium SEO Pack
4. WP Meta SEO
5. SEO Ultimate

anand

anand
SEO Ultimate is a fantastically useful plugin. Haven't even explored all the features yet. I'm trying to add schema tags for posts. Any thoughts on which of these is best for that? Or is there any other plugin that will work?

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Wow, that's quite the bundle. Isn't it a bit excessive to have five plugins all doing the same thing, though? Or did they lead to better results in the end?
I mean, I'm no SEO expert, so I'm most likely wrong, but there's just so many things one can do to optimize a website for researches. Wouldn't they overlap?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.