If you were just starting over.... how would you begin?

barbling

Good morning!

I've now been an online marketer since 1996...

... and the MMO aspects online have definitely changed!

My question -

If you were just starting out fresh, what is the first thing you'd like to learn?

Enjoy!

Rob Whisonant

Patients...... :)

Yep, select one venture and stick to it until it makes good money. No launching tons of ventures to see what sticks. :)

After the first venture is making good money, then and only then branch out to additional ventures.

Pointbreak

I am asking the same question myself. I many be on a different situation but I am also turning a new leaf when it comes to my career. I have been getting so many information from the different topics but I still can't get figure out the one that would make me provide quality content. I am looking forward in getting new information from the net and other sources.

For now, I am trying to master or at least make myself comfortable using Facebook. That is one of the main tools that I see common on most people. The one that varies would be the content.

Do share what's on your mind. Who knows, one might benefit from it.

kb24

learning how to build a list and paid traffic doesn't matter which one

robertosz

Great question, the first thing I would like to learn if I had to start all over again, it'd definitely be list building. In my experience when I was starting out, everything I've ever done has always come back to the need to build a list, and learn how to establish a communication funnel with that list and learn how to sell to that list.

So, definitely building up a list is the way I'd go! :)

King78

I would start affiliate marketing for sure. I just started my online earning on paid to click and survey websites and I could not earn much money from them. They are waste of time and this really hurts me now. But if I had started my way on affiliate marketing and Adsense, I would have more earning now for sure. Other things are maybe I should have started an ecommerce store.

manmad

This question really depends on the time period we've started, cause even something like Bitcoins could bring a huge profit when caught from the beginning. If I could begin in a totally different way then I did, I'd starting by reading carefully about each and every method, make contacts with the proper people who are deep into the ways and focus solely on one thing so I could get as much out of it as one can.

Soulwatcher

Back in the day I had a successful forum that I grew tired of and I sold it for chump change. If I could go back and start over I would have told myself to stick with it no matter what. And I am sure things would have been really different for me right now.

I just started over with a new blog/forum and I am going to go down with the ship on this one. I am putting all my time and energy into it and its my sole focus, I have no other online projects. And do I think that I can make a living off of it? No! But it would sure be nice if I could get it to supplement my income.

P.S. this time I have a 3 year plan and I am going to reevaluate the situation in 3 years and see where I stand. And I am 2 months into the 3 year plan.

Tania997

Tania997
The same thing happened to me. I got tired of dealing with my forum and I sold it before I realized I could really turn it into something that gave me a lot of profit. If I could go back, I'm pretty sure I'd keep that and that would be a big source of income. I could have sold that for a few thousands if not more nowadays. I haven't opened another one yet and I don't think I will but I'm curious since you started again, how's it working out for you?

TheAuthor

I would have most certainly started with my own blogs without hesitation. Spent years testing methods and tactics, mostly resulting in gaining nothing more than knowledge. Did build up quite an arsenal of knowledge, just think I would have been able to actually make money online a lot sooner. However, I hold no regrets because it's been such an exciting journey :ertery:

Shiraaz

I think the main thing I would do is to prioritize things that are much more important and will take me a long way like my College education, part-time job and family time. Those are the things that fully matter. To live off passively is not an easy feat. Its unlike a business where you always know you have your known customers or your contracts or tenders.

I suppose what matters in the end is not what kind of income it is, but how smart did you work in order to obtain it. In life no matter how hard we try to go all passive by taking a semester off or not going to work because we want to do something that makes us happy, it always comes back to bite us : There really isn't any shortcuts in life so we must work hard with what we got as soon as we get it and not when its too late.

aestone504

I could not agree with you more on this! It is very easy to get in over your head starting out not knowing what you are doing!

Join an affiliate program that pays high commissions and for lifetime of the customer, why waste time and resources with programs that pay little and only once?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.