Structure of promotional emails?

PenguinManiac

Despite being as old as internet itself, maybe, sending promotional emails through a subscriber list is still a very effective way to keep in touch with your visitors and followers while providing them with useful informations and, ideally, visit our website back or buy products.

How do you like to structure such promotional emails? Do you like to keep it short and redirect them to your website for details (thus taking the risk of them closing the email out of unwillingness to spend any more time) or do you prefer to make lenghtier emails with direct links to your products/services (thus taking the risk of looking spammy)?

runswithleaves

Honestly, i came to the conclusion that you should always just give with no expectation of return. The professionals do this, amateurs dont. Professionals give everything away and it shows in their income. If you got something to give now is the time to give it your all, and give it away. It shows up in abundant opportunity, just not in the paycheck you are expecting.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
So, if I got what you're saying right, you mean it's better to be upfront because it can be proof of both confidence and reliability through the income it looks like you're making?
I agree on your reasoning on abudance. After all, promotional emails are like showcases, and you definitely want it to look appealing. Thanks for the answer!

shilpa

I think it's better to keep one's promotional emails short and simple. Most people spend little to less time while reading them, so it's better to keep them short. Also using catchy words are a must. So if a customer sees that there's a 50% discount on their favortie household items they're likely to participate. Or if you're offering something which they can't turn down, then you're more likely to have them redirected to your services. Using good quality images and fonts too serve well while sending a promotional email, but too much of them greatly kills interests and customers may feel it kinda spamy of inappropriate. So it's always better to structure everything carefully.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
It has to catch the viewer's eyes, that goes without saying. However, as mentioned in the previous reply, it's also important to set it up accordingly to give the right image of your website/company. A massive email, structured in the right way, can really make you look like an impressive company.
Still, this doesn't mean we can't make the top, which is the only part that most people will even look at, appealing. Do you think that a mostly media-driven approach could be more effective here? As in, having really big texts and images be predominant compared to text. That's pretty much what physical ad boards do, so it could be really effective. If the initial impact is fine, would it really hurt to have the email continue after that with a complete showcase of your products? Or would it be counterproductive?

shilpa

I think it should be a little mixture of all the elements, because if we choose to use only spellbound texts, then it may or may not work, and it may even backfire. Do it but don't overdo it, as the saying is. If we are to have people involvement and participation, we have to anticipate what typically goes inside their minds. It's better to be at the safer side than going all around and having nothing but eventual failure.

A less painful way would be to check the competitive ways with which people participation can be guaranteed, because in the end it's about having the customers respond to the promotional emails and land at your services and products page.

Reactions: PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
To answer with another saying, in medio stat virtus. As long as it won't harm your emails, going with both (at least until you figure out what works best) sounds fine. You may spend a little more time in the beginning, but it's better than damaging your potential following.
Competition seems a little divided on the question, from what I can see (which is what lead me to ask it here in the first place). Maybe different niches take different approaches because of the kind of product/service they promote.

shilpa

You got it. That's what it's all about. You need to experiment and employ. But don't experiment too much or you'll certainly lose some of your established customer base. It's always better to try it a little by little without damaging the potential user base.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.