Please review my site

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Overall site is simple and not impressive for me.
I would improve these factors:
- Colors
- Logo
- Content
- Website layout

Your website is presenting beautiful places in your country but your website is not beautiful and that will not attract visitors stay on your website longer to view web page.
In the other words, your site loads pretty slow for me in the first time I have visited it.

nesir

I looked in the html it is a theme?
There is heave code bloat , and i dont see any trace of content optimisation or off page seo.
The logo is not on par.
the social media icons are hidden.
the colours are all over the show ( try to follow maybe a three colour theme max one of which is a neutral)
and it just looks old
You arent using any call to action methods .....
Dont be scared to re invent , go and look at some templates and see what the newer styles of design are.
You should have seen my first website it was even worse than this and i thought it was the best thing ever , its how we learn !

Good luck!

ron13315

Thanks for the reviews Marc and Nesir,

Yes it is a wordpress theme, actually I want the site to look classic thats why Im having a little trouble to put some styles. I will add some colors and change the logo later.

nesir

I didnt mean to sound harsh ron. ok i understand now that you say classic try read this imarc.com/blog/timeless_design its about mixing modern and classic pretty cool. There are some galleries in those links , they have some very classy designs maybe this could give you some good new ideas.

hynds

I see your site loads fast, elegance. But the background, the logo and the header is bored. It looks like you're using 1 main frame in your site. Right? If yes I would recommend you remove and don't use frame.

alexanderzx360

Hello there! I just checked it out so here we go:

- I absolutely loved the logo, did you design it yourself? or how was it made? I thought it was very simple yet very attractive

- It had a good and accurate description on the main page, I didn't like too much that the next paragraph with the "Seven Natural Wonders" was a different font and size, a greater side can be used but you should keep it to titles so it gets the attention of the viewer where it deserves.

- All of the posts where very organized, I liked how you ended up with the location of every of them

That's all, good luck with your site! Cheers

joed77

Hello,

I'll suggest that you:
Lose the background.
Lose the patchwork image.
The share buttons are as green as the background.
We could see the pixels in the logo.

I clicked the links and found some nice pictures, it would be great if you put them in a slide, and if they're original, don't give them all away like that.

Excuse me if I was too bold.:ertery:

robertmonte15

Hi, the site looks too basic. For the social media links, you can use their own native icon colors, being colored in green doesn't make it standout thus doesn't interest the user. As for the navbar, make it standout more. The items on Recent Posts must take the user's attention, its in grey which I took like a simple content, did not interest me to fiddle there. More and longer contents!

ron13315

Hello guys,

Its been more than 1year since I created this post and my site now is getting more and more visitors. I Just wanna say thank you all for all the advice and your time reviewing my website. :ertery:

Nina7788

I'm a newbie here and I've just found your post and link. I should say, your site looks good. The Philippines looks awesome! I haven't been there, but now I really want to go there. Great job!

MyLead

It does look boring a little bit. You have to make it more "alive", use different colors maybe? I really like the header though, think it goes well with the website.

lkovnih226

I think the design should be improve or you can change to a new design. It is an old design and not attract visitors to read content on a poor design like that.

hostrater

I love the header, but it takes 2.0MB, so that's a kill for mobile devices :)
And I think this image https://philippinature.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ph-bg.jpg is loading as background but not really showing up (at least on desktop), it "weighs" 0.5MB

Your page right now loads 3.7MB of data, that's a bit too much for mobile standard (and it doesnt load it after page loaded with js/async but blocks web page rendering before its downloaded).
So if you think about optimizing even just these two you should get a great boost on page load times and lower bounce rates, especially on mobile devices.

Google PageSpeed insights scores are nice (73/100 desktop, 86/100 mobile)

JackAubry

Nice.
You might improve:
1. Image alt tag is missing.
2. a couple of p elements are missing the end tag
3. Add a favicon
4. get rid of unnecessary js you are using. (your loading time is 2 seconds, lower that)

Visually I would change the color of the logo over the video banner so it contrasts better. (Now its trying to mimic the video colors and I think that is not working well visually)

I would work on the logo letter type and color. Changing this element will make everything look better.

JRyan

The good:
good domain you've chosen.
Also the GIF HEADER is impressive.
Shortage:
The menu is not distinguished enough from the content below.
the layout of the content seems haphazard.

Tonysanders

Your website looks simple and Goog But you need to focus on the homepage. make your site impressive.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.