SEO for non-Google search engines?

PenguinManiac

When one thinks of SEO, their mind instantly gravitates towards the most used and popular search engine of all time: Google. We know its ins and outs and we know what to do to make our website score higher, and this is made even easier thanks to Google's own support through its tools.

However, Google technically has competitors, like Bing or Yahoo. Is it worth it to try to optimize our websites for them, too? Or is the traffic so low that it won't make a difference? Furthermore, considering how different results are among all of them, how different are their requirements for a websites to come up on top?

vishwa

Google still dominates the search market. However it is good idea to optimize your site for rank better in Bing and other search engines. I actually did not find any differences between techniques using to rank in Google and Bing. You can use same techniques or SEO work to rank your site in Google as well as in Bing.

SEOPub

This question pops up a lot on forums, and I just don't get it.

What would you do differently to "optimize for Bing" than what you are doing to try to rank in Google?

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
That's what I was wondering as well. There must be different criteria, or else search results would be identical. Alternatively, requirements could be given a different weight, so one could reinforce particular aspects of their SEO routine/techniques to get better results on Bing.
For instance, I once read that Bing tends to give priority to older websites with well-established domain extensions. It also valued media content more than Google. These could all be things that could be worked upon.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views