Where are WordPress Posts stored?

jeiss

Hello,

I got myself a new WordPress site and theme which I intended to use to display articles from by previous WordPress site. I already made a backup of my previous site on my computer which I used FTP to upload to my new WordPress site. I discovered that after the upload, my custom articles/posts from my old WordPress site weren't uploaded. I actually thought I didn't perform the upload properly so I restarted it but nothing changed. I have searched through my WordPress file directory but I couldn't find any of my custom posts made before.

Could there be something I might have missed while performing the upload that isn't letting me find my old post/articles?

ron13315

Hello there, you should also export you wordpress database and import it in your new site.

You can export your database in your CPANEL, phpmyadmin

You might also want to use a plugins like wordpress duplicator to clone your wordpress site.

tim_cloudcone

Your posts are saved on a table in your database.

You'll need to export the database from your old website and import it into the hosting of your new website. If you're using a new domain, you'll also have to update 2 fields on the database so that WordPress knows to use the new domain.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Could there be something I might have missed while performing the upload that isn't letting me find my old post/articles?
Maybe you did not download complete sql file hence when you restore it on a new Wordpress site, it missed posts, not only that, you could lose other data for your Wordpress site, the nessearry thing to do now is you need to redownload database on your wordpress site and make sure it is a complete db file which includes all posts and data there.

WordPress Posts are stored in wp_posts table, it is the place to store page/post and custom post type data, if you want to check or comparing old and new database which included your posts or not, just opening your .sql file and compare them by a tool.

I hope it helped.

jeiss

Is the .sql file same with the database where posts are stored?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
Of course posts are stored in this file and it is your database because .sql file is usually exported from your MySQL server by using PHPmyadmin.
When you have this file, you can open it and view all data (posts, pages, users...etc) in your database which being used on your website or blog.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.