Do people really click on Twitter ads?

igzy

We all know that Adwords is the best when it comes to ads. But with growing popularity of social media marketing, the giants like twitter, facebook, etc, are in fierce competition to win the ad market. While facebook ads seems to work well, I wonder about twitter ads. I've not tried it, but I strongly feel that it's not as effective as facebook.

Do you, as a twitter user, click on twitter ads? Do you think people really care to look at ads on a site like twitter?

As per my discussion with many twitter users, they don't even open links posted in tweets of their followers, let alone clicking on ad links!!

olaryeankarh

People like me don't care about those ads really. I don't just enjoy seeing ads on Twitter like I would on Facebook. Maybe the way they are integrated isn't the best, may be some other problem. I really don't know!
However, Twitter ads seem to be even more expensive than Facebook so why should I patronize them? I'm just saying...

JoeMilford

I must also admit that I rarely ever click on Twitter ads either. As mentioned above, this might be an aesthetic thing--maybe the placement or organization of the ads is the problem? Possibly the way the facebook page uses its space makes more sense for ads. I am going to compare both of my accounts and rethink this.

tim_cloudcone

I don't usually click on ads in websites. And I haven't actually even noticed that many ads on twitter. Even if I see an ad, I doubt I will click it.

Most of the ads I've clicked on were Facebook ads. So I agree with the replies above.

Henrywrites

I see clicking on an ad on twitter as a waste of time unless it is one I feel like really checking for it got my interest. Aside from that, I wouldn't spend my time clicking on any random ad on twitter since to get data in Nigeria is quite expensive and I have to make good use of it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.