Favourite new domain extension?

PenguinManiac

In the past year, new generic domains have been released in bulk, introducing original (and cheap) solutions to make the web a little livelier and to feed the webmasters' creativity.

What is your favourite one? Mine is probably .space. It has a lot of potential, it's nice, short and memorable, and it gives off a pioneering vibe.

Wyvh

Don't know if I can consider this one as a new one, but i'm really fan of the .one one. Dunno why though.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Well, it was released just in 2015, so it certainly does. Now that I think about it, it's been used by Microsoft for the xbox.one domain, which is an amazing way to make use of it. Plus, it sounds nicer than other extensions. Good pick!

Wyvh

Wyvh
Didn't know that ! There used to be a website named "yourethe.one" or something similar that was bought by a particular and sold back for.. $75000. That sure is quite a lot of money and shows how impactful the new domains are getting.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Oh, damn, I hadn't heard about it, but that's surely a clever domain if I've ever seen one. Still, isn't $75000 a tad bit excessive? I knew premium domains could cost thousands of dollars, but I expected that sum to get past the $10000 threshold just for huge names.

shrinkme

I have recently used .wine and .click, but nothing beats .com. I usually troll justdropped to find .com domains that have been abandoned. There are a lot of good ones up for grabs.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Oh, wow, that's a nice website. Do you buy domains with good potential to sell them back or are you just looking out for domains you need? I presume it's the former, but it's better to ask. Can you directly buy domains from there or do you go to some other domain registrars to seal the deal at a better price?
By the way, I really like the .click extension. Good choice there :)

Gazoo

Out of all of the new domain extensions that have been released these last few years I would have to say that I like the .top and .win extensions. They just seem to have more universal uses than many of the other new extensions that have come out.

I will say that there are some that I really have a hard time understanding why they came into existence. Some like .solutions (hard to spell for some people and long), .solar (limited uses), .study, .surgery (really?) and many others just seem to have such limited uses or just sound screwy.

Some might sound alright to some people but like the .guru extension (for example) just tells me whoever has a site built with this domain is trying to get people to believe that they are an authority of/at something but they are probably not.

Some make sense and some seem strange. It also confuses some people when they see them and don't know if they are real or just made up.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.