Best way to earn money writing?

PenguinManiac

Writing online takes many shapes, generating just as many paths to money: write a blog, sell e-books, guest posting, social media posts, write essays, and so on and so forth. They can take different time, different effort, it may require a broader knowledge of the language you're writing in or not, and they can't all be put on the same level, but they should all be seen as alternatives.

In your experience (or surmises), what is the most profitable way to make money by writing?

Portillo90

If you have a sharp mind a lot of people work as freelancers to write content in upwork and they make good money for every project.

Inked

I recently came across iwriter but realized it was a big waste of time. There are some magazines I seen online paying 300 to 500 dollars for a good article and a chance to be published.

shilpa

You could start as a freelancer and join any freelance website for work. If you're a blogger then that's an added advantage. You can find work on fiverr, upwork, freelancer, elance, etc. You could set your own rates and own writing gigs.

If you're into blogging then you can monetize it using Google AdSense, and other online affiliate marketing options.

If you're very talented and creative in your writing then you can write for many online magazines. But be warned, the editors only look for quality posts, so if you think you got it then do it. Also particular niches have particular prerequisites, such as if you're writing on women issues then they require the writer to be a woman.

Best of luck. I hope this helps.:ertery:

PenguinManiac

I recently came across iwriter but realized it was a big waste of time. There are some magazines I seen online paying 300 to 500 dollars for a good article and a chance to be published.
Do they? That sounds like an awesome pay. Printed magazines must be pretty unaccessible because of all the competition there is, but...

If you're very talented and creative in your writing then you can write for many online magazines. But be warned, the editors only look for quality posts, so if you think you got it then do it. Also particular niches have particular prerequisites, such as if you're writing on women issues then they require the writer to be a woman.

Best of luck. I hope this helps.:ertery:
...online ones could be a way better choice. Not only they're much more numerous, but some focus on niches that wouldn't have enough market to sell IRL. I think this could be even better than starting your own blog, since ad profit can be pretty abysmal at first, and it takes a lot of time to build up.

Thanks to you both for suggesting magazines, though! I hadn't thought about it.

ryo ionut

I consider the best way to earn money from writing is for an online magazine,but for this you need really good skills .Also,a good idea is starting your own blog,here the advantage is that is yours,but you depend on your followers and the way they react to that blog.As a freelancer,you can also earn good money and you can choose your work sites.

blessing02

For a freelance writer, with a good communication skills and the right sense of logic and grammar, one can really make good money from online magazines, bloggers who basically write articles and other writers blogs. people find it very difficult and tasking to sit down and write a comprehensive articles so with their resources at hand they pay for such write ups.

Angel07

There is a website called 'Textbroker' that apparently pays you to write articles, I tried to apply but they only accept USA residents, there is also the UK version of the same website but you need to see if you meet the requirements for the job, I think they don't pay much but if you're interested in doing extra money writing that could be an option.

Inked

Im pretty sure text broker is like iwriter. In my opinion these sites are a big waste of time. People go to these sites and pay for quality articles which could be anywhere from 500 to 1000 count.. then only pay you about 3 dollars. Thats alot of time and effort.. and if you are very talented its a complete shame someone would down charge you and then turn around and sell your article for $100. But thats just my opinion.. if you need some extra side money go for it. But if you have a gift you should consider trying to write for a magazine or enter a writing contest because the pay is better.

PenguinManiac

Textbroker and iWriter are both similar to Fiverr and Upwork, except they're writing-focused, right? It doesn't sound bad, actually, it's nice to have everything packed in a single website.
However, yeah, publishing for major companies will obviously lead to better wages. The thing is, it's very uncommon to have so much talent to write better than anyone else in the room (because that's what it ultimately boils down to). You can practise, though, so that's comforting, but it will be hard to keep up with those who are straight up better than you. Work is about both dedication and talent, after all.

Thanks again to everyone who replied!

Inked

I agree with you.. the extra money is nice to have its just alot of time an effort for an article for so little pay. Theres a website called Listverse im going to look into. Ive read some reviews about them and they are legit. You should definitely look into listverse.

JoeMilford

So far, I have made the best money getting traffic to my blog in order to sell my eBook. I use the blog to give frequenters samples of my content, and then I promise the full articles as an eBook collection and sell it that way. So far so good...but I am always, of course, researching how to sell even more.

Inked,

Could you make some suggestions for magazines to go to to be be paid well for articles? I know that is like the competition asking for help, but if you were willing to make suggestions to a new freelancer, I would greatly appreciate it.

LinkHeros

Sites like Textbroker and iWriter offer terrible payments for writers. Unless you live in a third world country or a country where living costs are extremely low, it is near impossible to make a living. Upwork is slightly better, you can set your own hourly rate, but once they take your 20% fee it remains hard to make a living.

To start with, I would look for sites that offer guest posts, and write for a few of them. Most will not be paid, but you can start to build up a portfolio that you can show to webmasters and magazines that pay for articles.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Making a living out of online writing must be quite the arduous task. You'd need a steady source of jobs to take on, or even a one-on-one contract with a website to make that a reality. I wonder if anyone has ever managed to do so just through freelancing websites, though.
That's a wonderful idea to build up a portfolio! Getting practice, even if that's for free, is the only way to get better and build up a reputation (which is fundamental to scrape by in a market with such fierce competition as online writing).

martindrox

Don't get close to iWriter. You're only going to waste your time! you'll spend hours writing and writing just to get declined by the requester while he might actually steal your content and use it without you even knowing. Not only that, they might give you a one star rating which can damage your possibility to write in the future for the the site. No need to pander to the requester. Try freelance. Do not waste your time on iWriter.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Sorry to hear about your experience (or, if you have just heard about it, I feel sorry for whoever got caught in their trap). It's disheartening to know that such a promising company can let customers get away with such practices. It seems counterproductive on their part, even.
You're always at stake when you're left alone with requesters and their ratings. iWriter should step in to prevent such frauds. It's a ridiculous behaviour.
Thanks for the heads up, though!

gelotologist

For me the best way would be Postloop this is the online job you can earn money but not that big but will probably do. You can earn 10$ dollars here or more by just replying in their forums or even posting your own thread. I already get my first payment in this job and its probably worth to earn money.

Rebara19

I have personally tried the Postloop only. It´s fun to share your opinions with others and being paid for it. Anyone can find their topics here and oftentimes can post as many comments as they want. Great also because it is worldwide! As I think about it , the website called TramscribeMe! came to my mind. This also requires listening and subsequently writing but is still a way to make some money.

owenpogi322

Personally, I only have tried Postloop. In Postloop you get paid by replying in forums. Is there anyone here who works as a freelance writer? Is it a viable career? If it is can you share how much you earn per month? I love the idea of getting paid to write my ideas and thoughts and many people reading my blogs. Thank you.

Joie

The best way to earn money online in writing is by blog.
Blogging became every writer's way of expression online; it could be lengthy or just enough to catch their reader's attention. Then sponsors and advertisers will come, and that's when they can make money from it.

mildredtabitha

I have also been interested in writing articles. I tried feverr, freelancer and upwork but I experienced problems when it came to bidding and getting clients. Creating a gig was also another problem for me.

I heard that we can write and sell articles in ContentGather and DotWriter. I hear people praising ContentGather a lot and they said that it is not compulsory to get clients because your articles sell themselves. I will try that one soon. :D

nnacrter

Best way to earn money is to write blog online. Advertise products wisely and being diligence in work online.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.