You follow me and I follow you?

WildSpirit

The exchange of "follows" when talking about getting more Twitter followers usually works that way for millions of users. It's pretty common. :rolleyes2:

If someone follows you, you automatically follow the person back in retribution. :)

Is this how things work for you, or do you filter out your interests before following someone else (even if the person is already following you)?

Rob Whisonant

I only follow people I actually want to hear from. Currently I follow 11 people and am followed by 2885 people.

If I follow everyone that follows me my twitter feed would become totally useless and be a waist of time.

TheLarbyAMR

TheLarbyAMR
You can follow everyone. If you want to hear from a few people then you can create a list. Maybe you know about this but I'm just letting you know.

Thanks <3

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
I have no desire to follow someone just to follow them. I only follow people I really want to see tweets from. It makes no sense to just follow everyone just to follow them and then just ignore them.

Now the funny thing is a lot of newbies actually follow everyone they can and they get followed by tons of newbies. They all ignore each other. It's like a feeding frenzy without any food. :) Really funny to watch happen.

It should be you follow me and I'll follow you. Then we both can ignore each other. :) Zero is accomplished and time just wasted.

If you don't want to hear from someone, don't follow them in the first place.

vishwa

I am also agree with Rob's point. If we started following everyone who follows us does not make any sense. Off course I will filter it with my interest and follow only whom which are of my interest.

Solomon BlacknBold

Solomon BlacknBold
I think I do subscribe to vishwa and Robs believe but my own view or another dimension of the you follow and I follow back of a thing could be if I follow and you did not follow could be understood for maybe you're not of interest, and another view of it is I follow an influencer, and he follows back that could amount to leap for one trying to be noticed which adds up to more traffic.

My self thought

alexanderzx360

This technique to earn followers can actually work a bit in small companies that use Twitter, something that needs 2000 followers or less. It's a good way to keep the people that follow you to read your tweet since they feel it's a compromise to keep following you. You can use other apps so you unfollow automatically anyone who stops following you so you don't keep your account too crowded.

Cheers!

Claimconsultantsll

What I do I follow only those who are relevant to my service. And I keep myself active on twitter . That's it..

Judas2018

I don't think it's ever a good idea to establish rules like this on social media. If someone follows you, decide if you want to follow them back or not. You don't have to right away. But maybe a few days later. Just to make sure they aren't the 'follow-follow-unfollow' type. But once you start telling people you'll follow them if they follow you, you kind of kill the market for people who willingly follow you. Let your followers want, to follow you because of what you tweet and how you connect with your audience, or connect with people they follow. Establishing a 'transactional' hub on twitter or Facebook makes your audience less enthusiastic about your content. They won't like, click or engage with your content very often. At the same time, they won't un-follow you for fear of you un-following them. There's no fun in that.

mildredtabitha

The first time I used that technique it really worked. But then my timeline was full of tweets from another language I can't read. I had to delete my account and open another.

I decided to follow only people from my country. If I followed outsiders, I made sure they tweet in English and something I would enjoy to read. I also don't like people who share follow trains a whole day. It makes my timeline look boring because of follow trains. So I unfollow.

hiy

For me it's useless because if your intension is to get more followers and do you want to convince people to follow you by following them back it's doesn't makes sense.

I saw lot of YouTubers doing this they called it SUB4SUB to gain more subscribers.

I don't want to recommend this method because for me if you like me, go... Follow me on Twitter or etc. But don't expect to follow you back.

Now a days many people do anything to become famous in social media like taking picture while naked, this generation there biggest problems is how to become famous or how to get more likes.

The world distracts you focus on god :)

victoroj

In my case I follow people who follow me, and unfollow those who unfollow me. But before I follow them, I check first the account, if the account contains explicit materials or things that are against my beliefs, that is the only time I dont follow back.

aretteprieve

As for me I follow people whose tweets I want to read actually. If the user follows me but his posts have no value for me I won't follow him. I follow back only friends of mine

joey_2tep

Follow and get followed back. A lot of facebook page and groups are doing these kind of style to gain followers and if continues, twitter to me is not going make any more sense at all. It would be better to follow someone whom we can get benefits from, like wisdom, or advice and inspirations.

mhands41

I only follow people or personalities who make a difference in the world, people who have contributed to the progress of humanity, people who could inspire me and continued to inspire many others. I follow them to know where they came from and how they'd be able to be in their place today. I follow maybe because I want to learn something from their experience and journey. And that was all about it. I follow these people not to be reciprocated but because I just want to, after all, who am I to be followed.

ecole11j

If all you care about is having a large number of followers, yes it will work. It's not very good for marketing purposes though because they won't be quality followers. It'll be random people only interested in building their own follow count, most of whom probably couldn't care less about what you're marketing. It would probably be a better strategy to follow people who you think may genuinely be interested in what you're marketing in hopes they'll follow back, visit your site, and inquire more.

Dictator20

Following someone and they don't follow me back is unfair for me, I just cant avoid to think if "Does he or she don't want to connect with me that's why he or she don't follow me back" But still I know that there is really some people who doesn't follow back especially those well known personalities like our Pope, Presidents, some of the celebrities, etc.

odysseus

I'll give pretty much anyone who follows me a shot.

I know how it is out there, organic game is getting tougher every day, and even if you're a marketer or promoting something I'll try and give you the benefit of the doubt, examine your profile a bit and maybe follow you back for a while.

If you spam - you get unfollowed.

If you bother me a lot - you get unfollowed and maybe blocked.

If you troll, post garbage, inflamatory or abusive content - you get unfollowed and maybe reported.

If you post fun, positive or educational stuff, and occassionally promote your product, I love you and follow you back forever.

Oh, if you follow me, I follow you back, and then you unfollow me, you get unfollowed and blacklisted in my tool :)

Carlos

I've been seeing this quite often on YouTube than any other service. If you are doing this, you'll not convert any better than following people you like. Either that, or follow people that you want to support.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads