Free vs Paid SEO tools?

PenguinManiac

SEO tools make it extremely easier, if not possible at all, to manage all the criteria a website should meet to score higher on research ranks all at once. These tools have naturally evolved along with search engines themselves, and they have grown so complex people started to charge a price for them.
This doesn't mean that free tools were immediately surpassed, however. After all, all of Google's analysis tools are still free and they're still unparalleled in their own field of activity; a lot of other websites let you check for the same content as their paid alternatives, albeit stripped of all their trinkets and additional data.

So, can free SEO tools compete with the paid ones or are they the obviously inferior choice? Is the difference even worth the price tag?

SEOPub

Your long winded babbling post fails to address what you are looking for.

Tools for what?

Paid versus Free SEO tools is pretty broad.

What is it you are looking for tools to do?

Or are you just trying to increase your post count?

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Yeah, I might have got lost in there, I tend to drag things on more than it is necessary. Sorry about that.
When I say SEO tools I refer to all those products that can help with standard SEO procedures: keyword analysis, website overview in terms of popularity, visits and backlinks, domain suggestions, userbase location and general navigation habits, stuff like that. I mentioned that in my original post (although way too vaguely, I'll admit).

LinkHeros

To give you one example of a set of tools for a specific market, keyword research can be done without spending anything. There are a lot of good paid tools for keyword research, but free tools like keywordtool.io and Wordstreams free keyword tool should be enough for most people to get started.

JohnV

Whatever tools you use matters much less than what you do with them. To need to ask the question, I would suggest that you do the best with the free tools available. You can then determine where your strengths and weaknesses lie, which will help you make a decision on where it could be of value to pay for additional tools, or advice.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
That's good advice. I've seen too many people complain about tools they payed quite a lot on money ... although they were the only ones to blame, because they didn't have a clue how to use them. And this is not limited to SEO tools.
I'm sure there's people out there who are faring much better with free tools than people who have dropped hundreds of bucks on them, which is inspiring. Knowing your own limits narrows down the choices you have.
Thanks for the answer!

Tania997

It depends on what you're looking for exactly. It is difficult to say which one is best because there are so many and you would need to name a few to make a fair comparison. Maybe search for some reviews and decide, people who have already tried these things will surely know better.

Janniz

Here are some SEO Tools that I usually use for my business. I hope it can help you.

Keyword Research / Competitive Analysis:
- KWFinder.com
- SEM Rush
- KeywordTool.io
Link Building:
- Ahrefs
- Majestic SEO
- Link Research Tools
Technical Tools:
- Redirect Path (Chrome Plugin)
- OnCrawl
Miscellaneous:
- Google Chrome
- LinkClump (Chrome Plugin)
- User-Agent Switcher (Chrome Plugin)

martindrox

Well paid seo tools can be expensive. I heard cognitiveSEO can cost up to a $1000, Not sure about this so don't take my word for it. Can anyone compare paid vs Free in tracking keywords per se? I'm sure paid is worth the price but there's Keyword Combiner, if anyone heard of it, it's free and it combine different columns of keywords for PPC campaigns. For instance if anyone could compare their quality and others then you get if paid SEO tools is worth the money!

PenguinManiac

Here are some SEO Tools that I usually use for my business. I hope it can help you.

Keyword Research / Competitive Analysis:
- KWFinder.com
- SEM Rush
- KeywordTool.io
Link Building:
- Ahrefs
- Majestic SEO
- Link Research Tools
Technical Tools:
- Redirect Path (Chrome Plugin)
- OnCrawl
- Browseo.net
Miscellaneous:
- Google Chrome
- LinkClump (Chrome Plugin)
- User-Agent Switcher (Chrome Plugin)
Whoa, that's an awesome list, thank you! I didn't know SEO tools were available as Chrome plugins as well. They sound like a wonderful way to check data on the go as soon as something catches your eye.

Well paid seo tools can be expensive. I heard cognitiveSEO can cost up to a $1000, Not sure about this so don't take my word for it. Can anyone compare paid vs Free in tracking keywords per se? I'm sure paid is worth the price but there's Keyword Combiner, if anyone heard of it, it's free and it combine different columns of keywords for PPC campaigns. For instance if anyone could compare their quality and others then you get if paid SEO tools is worth the money!
Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I wanted to know. I guess it's hard to make a cold comparison between the two, even more so if what you want to compare is results.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.