Best free way to get followers?

PenguinManiac

Twitter, even more than other social platforms, is all about numbers: you won't make much of it unless you have a lot of followers, retweet and likes, even if your content is not exactly top quality. After all, let's face it: how much quality can you convey into 140 characters?
So, you need to put a lot of thought into it: how do I get followers? Once you get started, the rest is easy as followers will naturally come themselves, but it's a tough mire to get out of.

So...what are the best ways you know to get followers for free? (I'm stressing it because getting paid followers is easy, but I don't like to invest money in something that I can't be sure will be profitable)

Unknown

The best way to get more free followers on your Twitter revolves all around the exposure. You should be asking yourself some important questions:

1. Do you have the profile information set up?
  2. Are you using relevant hashtags in your tweets?
  3. Are you following people so they follow you back?
  4. Are you interacting with your current followers?
  5. Are you promoting your Twitter account on other websites and platforms?
  6. How frequently are you tweeting?
  7. Are you tweeting good and unique content?

That's just right from the top of my head. There are plenty more questions that can actually help you find the reason why you aren't gaining any followers. Try to answer these questions by yourself and you will easily identify ways to improve :)

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
That's a good list, thank you! I always wonder what the golden standards for each of these points (well, some of them, at least) are. For instance, regarding posting frequency, you see accounts posting three-four tweets a day, and others who only post one or two daily, and that can be said for accounts of all sizes. The same goes for follower interaction, but I noticed that only bigger and older accounts can get away with that (you know, your typical "If I can't address everyone, I might as well not address anyone").
Promoting it on other platforms sounds like a nice idea I hadn't considered. Building up a sort of network could be a good idea at this point to convey followers gained across different platforms towards a common website/company.

LinkHeros

Another good way to get free followers is to post links to articles from other blogs in your niche and mention the owner. A good percentage of them will start following you, and if they are an authority figure then some of their followers will follow you also.

A basic tip is to not over-promote your own stuff, nobody wants to read 10 posts a day from you trying to sell them stuff. My rule is 10/1, so for every 10 Tweets I promote one of my articles once.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Oh, wow, I never thought of that, thank you! There's a lot of room to fiddle in if we take in account the website size and popularity, so you can gradually build your way up to more prestigious follow backs.
That sounds like a good ratio to me. Over what span of time do you spread your posts? You'd ideally want to bring your followers' attention back to your articles periodically, so I surmise it must be two-three days tops, but I'm not sure.

Carlonsins

best way is like first the similar websites which do the same thing as you do now go to their twitter accounts and now go into the followers section and follow the people, it is the best way and the work I'll do and i get the 2000 followers and still use this technique so the best way is follow other people which is related to your profile they will also follow back.
Thanks

shrinkme

I follow others. Most people follow back. If I get to the point that I cannot follow any more because of Twitter's limits, I'll give it a few days then use manageflitter to remove those that don't follow back. Good luck!

LinkHeros

LinkHeros
Good tip about manageflitter! I tried the method of following people and hoping they would follow back, but it was to much hassle to see who had followed me back and who to delete. So this tool let's you see who is following you? Do you just use the free version?

shrinkme

shrinkme
I just use the free version, yes. I find it very useful. The major thing I use it for is who am I following that isn't following back.

You can expand on the number of people you can unfollow with the tool by doing a little promotion for them. You'll see what I mean.

There are other similar twitter tools but this works just fine for me.

PenguinManiac

Good ol' follow back, huh? The oldest methods are often the most effective. That's how it started out, after all.
How do you find massive volumes of eligible followers? Do you just go along Twitter's suggestions or do you bother to find and follow accounts with similar interests?

shrinkme

Hi Mr Penguin,

Like Billy Madison? Anyway... I generally do follow people who mesh with my business, at least at first. Sometimes it is difficult to find new people who have similar interests, so I might expand on it a bit.

I have over 9,000 followers at this point. On twitter this is not an easy task because you can only follow so many more than are following you. I sometimes go through with manageflitter to eliminate people who are not following back.

Thank you, Brian.

Reactions: PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
I see, flexibility can do wonders at first. Manageflitter sounds like a tool that I would have liked to find when I first started (granted, I didn't follow many people, so it wasn't that hard to find those who had unfollowed me), but checking frequently was quite the hassle. Thank you for the suggestion!

marbertism

You must follow famous Twitter accounts and interact with them. Get along with the hottest trending topics and use the hashtags.

cassandramnt

I think one of the best way to get followers from twitter is to find some group there who has the same interest like you. For example, you're into music so you mostly follow singers/bands so in their account just simply interact with them or tweet them uniquely and someone will might notice your tweet there! Another way is to use the hashtag of the trending topic worldwide. Tweet unique and witty!

edwardkenway

Basically in social media main thing is share the post, then it give you a result. But there are lots methods exist which are working good for get followers, such as:

>you can share your post in different social media, so that people can know about you and your post.
>In the blog you can add twitter button so that people can follow.
>Some people offer exchange follow, this method is also works well.
>Avoid to do multiple post in short time, that could be bad for an account.
>Don't use any bot to make more followers or get more likes, let it go in organic way that will make popular.
These are some methods about getting followers on twitter, which are works well.

Judas2018

People ask this question because when you first start out on social media, the task can seem very daunting. You never gain any followers or you gain them very slowly. Or some come, then leave. You really have to have a brand, business or something interesting to say. If you're just going to join social media as a regular person with no website or product, it's going to be very hard to get followers unless you start blogging.

1stopinsta

You just need to follow 10 or 20 people regularly in a day who people fit your profile. After some time you will be getting followers automatically. Always do like and retweet other people post, keep posting something on Twitter.

Last edited:

odysseus

I recently discoeverd that this might not be the case.

I have an older Twitter account, has about 5000 followers and I follow about the same number too. True, it has been repurposed a little from its original usage, but it's still a decent number of followers, not too many, not too much. It's an account for my product currently.

I started a new, personal account just a few months ago. I use it a bit differently, post more opinion and fun and less promotion. Currently have about 700 followers and I follow about 800 people.

Guess what? The one with 700 followers gets way more likes, retweets and comments, and a lot more people follow me back!

There can be a number of reasons for this, my primary suspect is that people prefer other people instead of products and companies, but it serves as proof that it's not all in the numbers!

CarolFields

You must follow famous people and page. then you get more traffic. and like share related post.

juliaann

Thanks for sharing this post and letting us know about a free way to get followers but I personally think, Getting free followers are useless as they look and work like robots.

They won't like tweets, They won't post comments and they won't be active as longers. So there is no point for free followers.

hostnetindia

free follower, you have to work hard and keep it up up to goals.
focus on certain things that work on social media - Mainly Images and videos.
one advice - dont stop work if you have started.

Carlos

The best way to get more free followers on your Twitter revolves all around the exposure. You should be asking yourself some important questions:

1. Do you have the profile information set up?
  2. Are you using relevant hashtags in your tweets?
  3. Are you following people so they follow you back?
  4. Are you interacting with your current followers?
  5. Are you promoting your Twitter account on other websites and platforms?
  6. How frequently are you tweeting?
  7. Are you tweeting good and unique content?

That's just right from the top of my head. There are plenty more questions that can actually help you find the reason why you aren't gaining any followers. Try to answer these questions by yourself and you will easily identify ways to improve :)
  1. Do you have the profile information set up? Yes.
  2. Are you using relevant hashtags in your tweets? Yes.
  3. Are you following people so they follow you back? At first, I did, and I only had 660 folks follow me, and it's not growing because I think it's a glitch.
  4. Are you interacting with your current followers? Yes.
  5. Are you promoting your Twitter account on other websites and platforms? Yes, and I have found that it doesn't really work.
  6. How frequently are you tweeting? Yes, have been since 2008. I have 3,400+ tweets.
  7. Are you tweeting good and unique content? Yes
Thanks for sharing this post and letting us know about a free way to get followers but I personally think, Getting free followers are useless as they look and work like robots.

They won't like tweets, They won't post comments and they won't be active as longers. So there is no point for free followers.
I agree with all of this, and it's not just limited to "free followers." The platform is just difficult to get new followers.
There can be a number of reasons for this, my primary suspect is that people prefer other people instead of products and companies, but it serves as proof that it's not all in the numbers!
I disagree with this comment. I reach thousands and thousands of users every day on twitter. At one point, I even had close to 30k impressions on my posts because of controversy.

CarlosX360reaches30kImpressions.jpg

Congratulations for having an engaged community for your Twitter, but that is in the 5% of the Twitter "lottery."

Nizam18

1. Follow a Regular Tweeting Schedule.
  2. Tweet About Newsworthy Stats, Figures, and Information.
  3. Tweet at the Right Time of Day.
  4. Post More Visual Content to Engage Your Followers.

stoneman

First you need to start with a parody account. Parody accounts grow too fast and have relevant impressions. Especially on a steady giveaway promises. Work on the Parody account till it gets to the specific amount of followers you wish to start with, then change the account and lock it. Start you business with a reasonable amount of followers and enjoy social media.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.