How can I make my own simple garage sale site?

cesarmatute

Hi, I have a lot of things that I want to sell. I normally publish my products on Facebook, but I feel sometimes like I'm spamming. I also use Whatsapp to share pictures of my products with my friends, but I feel too like I'm spamming and filling their phone with pictures, so, I think I'd rather publish everything on a single site, and just share the link so that people can see my products and I don't have to spam anymore.

I don't want the site to be too complicated, it's just something simple.

I don't know which e-commerce platform would fit better for what I want and need some advice.

Thanks

tim_cloudcone

This is what I would do:

Install WordPress, then install the WooCommerce plugin for it. Find a good woocommerce theme for WordPress and you should be good to go. There are free themes and paid ones. I would go with a free theme as this is a garage sale site.

cesarmatute

cesarmatute
Thanks, now I got something to start with. I've been looking for tutorials and I found a lot about what you suggest. Of course I'm all ears to any oher options. I like to decide after testing several options.

Unknown

I agree with Tim.

WordPress is extremely easy to set up and the whole process is fit even for beginners. You can make the website completely free of any costs and even make it look attractive with various free themes and so on. Regarding the e-commerce, I sort of prefer the WP eCommerce over WooCommerce plugin but both are very good quality. Just follow the installation guide and don't worry.

Here's the link to the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-e-commerce/

The whole thing only takes a few minutes and you will be able to start selling :) good luck!

sarsino

I can relate to you as well. Sometimes posting too much products on facebook will be tagged spams. You can try Carousel, simply download the app on google play store this is for android phone. Its very easy to start with and features are very simple.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.