Blog - PPC

jovean

Hi everyone,

I have a blog and I linked it to my Adsense account. The thing is that I don't have a website for it yet. I am just using a google blog website. Would that matter in the future? Will I still get more readers? And if I can, are there any ways on how to get more readers even if you are just using a free blog site? I did a small research about blogging, I just started so I think I will not gain more readers at first. I am just really into writing and hopefully many people would enjoy my blog. Any advice from you guys, blog experts? Would appreciate anyone who will response.

JohnV

Should you seriously wish to be a professional blogger, or even a talented amateur, you would be well advised to use a platform on which you own the content. With Blogger and other free solutions, you are at the mercy of the site owner, who might not always have your best interest at heart. My own preference is for wordpress.org, where you need to pay for hosting, but own the site and its content outright.

Ryan_132

Start a Wordpress.org Site. It doesn't cost much at all and it has a lot of benefits. There are a lot of plugins you can download for free on WordPress that help a tiny bit with the sites SEO and funcitonality. You can build a really great user centric website. If you ever want your blog to gain a lot of readers or become profitable make the switch! Also learn a little bit about SEO and if you have money there is always PPC advertising you can use to send visitors to your blog (Google, Facebook, Bing etc.)

jyy

A blog on your own paid hosting, as some have mentioned, or a forum on your own paid hosting, would be the best bet. Note, as people have mentioned, you don't have full control. For instance, you might have a block on advertising you do, if they allow it at all, and in other instances, you could have limited resources. However, though, this stuff isn't set in stone. There could be exceptions. For instance, I think ProBoards allows an upgrade where you can do what you want on their service.

vishwa

With Free blogging platforms you cannot do anything serious with your online venture. Your account get suspended to terminated without any notice and you lost your content as well. Better move on to a self hosted WordPress blog. Buy a Domain and hosting and install WordPress in it. It will give you maximum opportunity to do more with online marketing.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads