Websites you've had bad experiences with?

PenguinManiac

The world of online money making can be wonderful, but we must never forget that it's also full of scams: missing payments, sudden changes in website policies, some other websites just straight up disappeared once they gained enough.
Have you ever experienced such incidents yourself? Even if they have closed now, it could be helpful to know some hints about their behaviour right before they vanished into thin air: if they're still up and running, instead, it's fundamental to know which websites to avoid.

Lem

Swagbucks never paid particularly well, but the recent changes to the structure of how the points are awarded basically make it useless. You're looking at a dollar a week, maybe if you absolutely rinse it and qualify for a bunch of surveys.

Tania997

Tania997
You're right, swagbucks has become almost useless. All the work you put in there to make a dollar a week you can put it in something else and make much more. I remember using it some months ago because it was a nice way to make a little bit of a side income along with other sites. I recently came back and they have ruined everything. I don't know why change the points system, they'll lose a lot of users like this.

Yourpwet

I had a pretty bad experience with ReviewStream.

First, what is ReviewStream? It's a website that accepts reviews from anybody about anything. You can submit a review about your dog, your pillow, a video game, a YouTube channel, your girlfriend... And they'll pay you. Of so they say.

What's the problem with ReviewStream?
  1. The extremely high payout of $50
  2. The extremely low payment per review. (an average of $1 to $2 per review)
  3. Their interface sucks
It's hard to reach the minimum payout. And most of the time, they reject the reviews you submit them and then they just offer you a few cents for the reviews which is definitely a bummer. I haven't cashed out from this site. :bash:

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
High payout threshold is the first alarm bell for a lot of websites. Sorry for what happened there :( It looks like a nice website, and a fun one at that, but that's just one more case of "too good to be true". I've read about a similar website, SliceThePie, where you get payed to review songs. Sounds amazing, right? Except they only pay cents for each review, which can take a lot of time to write. I guess that kind of job is restricted to professional critics :/

Eli Maximilien

A friend of mine has been trying to profit from Doterra. Has anyone heard of it? If you haven't, they sell "essential oils". They encourage newcomers to subscribe for $200 to receive the oils, and to get three other people to join underneath you.

Those are the basics; there's more to their system. However, I can't help but notice that my friend hasn't made any money from this. Yet he stays anyway because he's convinced that this is an "investment"- it seems more like a liability to me. If anything, it's a pyramid scheme.

JoeMilford

I really was very disappointed with this website, Swagbucks, and I walked away from it thinking of it as a bit of a scam, no offense. I felt that valuable demographic information was being collected from me, and then I would suddenly "disqualify" from taking a survey or from getting points from it after answering 50 questions. I won't go back to this site again.

ChristianH

Many HYIP programs, especially the robot programs are scam! i tried 1 or 2 in the past and lost the money i invested. For secure reason i invested just a small amount of money in these programs.

PenguinManiac

Swagbucks never paid particularly well, but the recent changes to the structure of how the points are awarded basically make it useless. You're looking at a dollar a week, maybe if you absolutely rinse it and qualify for a bunch of surveys.
I really was very disappointed with this website, Swagbucks, and I walked away from it thinking of it as a bit of a scam, no offense. I felt that valuable demographic information was being collected from me, and then I would suddenly "disqualify" from taking a survey or from getting points from it after answering 50 questions. I won't go back to this site again.
You're right, swagbucks has become almost useless. All the work you put in there to make a dollar a week you can put it in something else and make much more. I remember using it some months ago because it was a nice way to make a little bit of a side income along with other sites. I recently came back and they have ruined everything. I don't know why change the points system, they'll lose a lot of users like this.
That comes as a surprise, I've heard such good reviews on Swagbucks. I never used it myself, but I've always seen it mentioned as a top suggestion. What did they change, exactly? I'd hate to see that become a scam, too, or even an overall unreliable site. They even used (I think they still do) to give away codes for free points. Such a shame.

Judas2018

Judas2018

I used Swagbucks once a long time ago. It was a fun experience and I got a good chunk of money out of it. Their contests are fun also. I never used it again though because it is quite exhausting and also you use up a lot of credits entering contests only to not end up winning them. So you then have to make up for the credits you lost in order to cash out. By the way, their cash out process takes a long time also. I don't know what it's like now as I haven't been back there in years.

JonathanS

To be honest, I haven't had any real bad experiences attempting to earn an honest income online. I do, however, remember one of the first PTC websites I signed up to. It's called 'PTC Bank" and they're still around today. At the time, I didn't realize how low the average click was per ad. So the idea of $2 per click seemed very attractive (lol). The minimum cash out was $100. I quickly reached this, however, when I requested the withdrawal, my account was immediately suspended then deleted. I didn't invest anything but my time and energy. So overall, nothing was lost.

yishak1412

Gatmoney.club, ascam site that claims you will earn 0.10$ per captcha solved i was blinded by the money and ended up joining and wasting my time on that site only to find out it was a scam in the end

0serenity0

Snuckls and baymack a site where you play 5 videos which time varies to a minute or two and guess what its category either music, vlog, etc. to get a ticket for a lottery with max of 10 tickets daily, where the videos that you watched are from youtube, they use this site to gain views. The downside of this is that you earn daily for a minimum of 0.0018 or 0.004 which is a small ammount compare to the time you used to play the videos. Which is tiring and kind of wasted your time and effort.

mdbree17

Well, in my case Swagbucks isn't even working. AT ALL. I have heard and read a lot about Swagbucks, yet it's running away from me. LOL. I've tried so many times, but no luck.

Snuckls and baymack a site where you play 5 videos which time varies to a minute or two and guess what its category either music, vlog, etc. to get a ticket for a lottery with max of 10 tickets daily, where the videos that you watched are from youtube, they use this site to gain views. The downside of this is that you earn daily for a minimum of 0.0018 or 0.004 which is a small ammount compare to the time you used to play the videos. Which is tiring and kind of wasted your time and effort.
I agree with you. I started with those sites like weeks ago, yet I only won cents and not every day. I got tired and stopped it. I even tried registering my husband's account still the same. It's either I win cents or nothing for how many hours spent watching videos and selecting categories.

Elisabeth Kuhn

Good grief! What a nightmare these sites seem to be!

When I first started, I tried doing surveys and never made a penny. I won't speak for (or against) any of the current programs. Haven't tried any of them.

I believe setting up a quality blog with quality content and then publishing reviews of products you've actually tried and can recommend with a clear conscience is a much better way to go. Also make sure you target the blog to an audience you can really relate to and make sure the products you recommend solve problems for that audience.

mildredtabitha

I got bad experience with tonmoney.club which was a scam site. I wasted time to reach minimum payout but never got to cashout. I also wasted time on paidviewpoint but abandoned it in less than a month when I realized it needs more than a year for international members to reach payout.

I have also had bad experience with postloop . Getting bad ratings from anonymous person makes earning credits to be difficult since I don't work on most days since almost all forums are locked. It has been more than a month and I haven't reached minimum credits yet. I hope the bad rate of 1.0 will reset soon.

Nancy G

There are a lot of mobile apps for making money online that have to be played with caution. I had a bad experience of not being able to cash in my payout realizing I was scammed. Since then, I learn to research reviews on various websites which I am considering for jobs online or check them out with SCAMADVISER which I find very helpful.

White Tiger

I tried to submit my application with these three sites , after a week of waiting I got no replies from them . Then I read this article that they will only get your information and use your account for their own intentions . I also tried video surveys that paid too low , compare to the time you have allotted answering those surveys . As I was exploring the net ,I saw this site " Glassdoor Review". Whenever I am trying to apply to an online job , I check it first on how people give reviews or feedback to that company.

CookieRunner

The world of online money making can be wonderful, but we must never forget that it's also full of scams: missing payments, sudden changes in website policies, some other websites just straight up disappeared once they gained enough.
Have you ever experienced such incidents yourself? Even if they have closed now, it could be helpful to know some hints about their behaviour right before they vanished into thin air: if they're still up and running, instead, it's fundamental to know which websites to avoid.
In my case, I tried "Timebucks", At first, I was excited to try the site since they are telling me that I can earn much by doing surveys, polls, mining, clicking on slideshows, watching videos and all. Its just now that I realized that I cannot be paid since you need to earn $20 first before you can request for a payout. I think I started last month and yet I haven't earned $2 yet. I think I just wasted my time and it would take a long time for me to earn that much. I just gave up. Let's help each other here. What are legitimate sites where you can earn money though?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.