Difference Between Blog Commenting and Guest Posting?

Nemanja

Premium Member
Can any one tell me what is the difference between between Blog Commenting and Guest Posting?
which one will help to rank my keyword better in search engine results? Since I am still having less experience in SEO hence I could not distinguish these points.

Yourpwet

Blog Commenting
This is the easy route. You simply go to the comment section of articles that you want to comment on, include your link, and hope that your comment gets approved. You can comment on an unlimited articles across different websites provided that you hthe time to do it. Comments could be as short as one sentence to as long as an entire paragraph (or even longer).

Guest Posting
This is a bit harder than blog commenting because you'll have to write an entire article and submit it to a website in hopes that they publish your work. Of course, don't forget to include a couple of links to your own website since that's the whole point of this entire process.

Which is better for SEO? That, I also want I find out. :rolleyes2:

jyy

Guest posting is better for SEO cause the links are all do-follow while blog commenting is all no-follow. Anyway, beside the SEO part, guest blogging is generally more powerful all-around. In other words, what your doing is simply bigger and therefore has a bigger reaction. However, though, guest blogging is way more difficult and in some cases will cost money. Nonetheless, you get what you pay for (or work for), so I think it's a good trade-off.

vishwa

Well both are important in terms of driving traffic and SEO. Since all blog owners are making comment links nofollow so, it won't give you any SEO score. However blog commenting can help you to build a large audience base and also help you to connect with fellow bloggers. I am personally using blog commenting and it is really so helpful to drive traffic to my blog.

Guest Posting can help you a lot in SEO. It helps you to build authority online and it is one of the best SEO techniques. Whilst make sure that you do guest posting to drive quality along with link building otherwise it won't help you so much if you solely do it for making backlinks. Focus on the quality. Bloggers are becoming very choosy if you do guest posting on high authority blogs and easily reject you post if it do not have quality and relevant information.

marko0313

For me the difference is for blog commenting one just posts on every topic that he/she likes. No matter it is a positive or a negative blog. While for guest posting, it is a way to invite and attract other people to join a specific forum or topic that usually is becoming a trend.

premiumproxies

I write a simple answer. Like
Blog Comment- Blog COmment is a comment that you write another post if you like or you don't like.

Guest Posting- Guest posting is a good way to increase your activity on Google. And it is a way of good backlink.

rajveerkaur

Blog commenting and guest post is two different techniques of link building process.

Blog commenting includes:
1. Read others blog and leave a comment with the website link.
2. It doesn't demand payment.
3. Doesn't more effect on ranking

Guest Post includes:
1. create keywords specific content and approach to guest post websites. After their reply, send your content.
2. Mostly maximum websites are paid. Demand money for publishing content.
3. Effect more on website ranking.

Ish5501

Both blog commenting and guest blogging are good ways to create high-quality backlinks.

Blog Commenting - You can just reply for a blog post and where you can put your website link. Simple and easy way to drive traffic too

Guest Posting- You can post on other quality blogs and the admin must approve your blog post. You can create a backlink from your post. This is awesome for increase your traffic and also for better rankings.

Guest posting is the best method to increase your google rank

rbmm

While I agree with the previous posts that commenting is less effective for both SEO and driving traffic, I would like to add a couple of things.

1. Commenting should be done on sites that are related in some way to your niche. Don't comment on any blog just because they let you comment.

Your comments should also be relevant to the topic. I have seen many comments where it is obvious that the person who is commenting has never read the article.

Some bloggers do not read the comments, and will get comments that have been posted by someone getting paid 2 cents a comment. the end result is the comments are generic statements such as: "Great article - very informative". What does that say or mean? It means it's a blind comment - the article was never read.

It is important to comment on higher ranking sites that will give your comment a better chance to be seen and read. Some sites will let you comment, but will not allow a link. You want the backlink!

Finally, the only way that anyone will click on that link to your site is if your comment is extremely good, and adds to the article. If you don't know enough about the topic to create a comment that blows people away, then find another article to comment on.

2. Guest posting is a different animal. ALWAYS read the submission guidelines. Similar to doing commenting, you want to guest post with sites that rank as high as possible.

No matter where you post your article, it should be well-written, and should follow SEO guidelines. Many sites will tell you what they want, but some don't. Alt tags for graphics, keywords, etc. are important to keep in mind when writing the article.

If you can't write very well, and still want to guest post, find someone to edit your material. Quality and good information is the main thing that sites want for submitted articles. Why not put out great content? It is your name on the article after all, no matter where it is posted.

Remember the "1st Impression" theory? Your article may be the first time that the reader has heard of you. If your article really helps them, then they are very likely to click to your site to check you out.

If you do submit a post, and it is accepted, you are still not done. ALWAYS check back to your post and check your comments. Some sites will alert you when you have a comment, but not all do, so you must keep on top of the comments that come in.

Whether you comment an an article, or guest post, each is time consuming. You will spend a lot of time either way looking for appropriate sites to work with, and then you need to read articles to see what has already been written, and what the main focus of most of the articles are about.

It is a slow process, but many people get good results. It is only one way to drive traffic, and I personally don't recommend it being your only way.

TIP: Focus on only a few sites to post for, and a handful more for commenting. Once you get known in those circles, people will remember your name, and your expertise. This will often produce traffic, and targeted traffic at that.

Reactions: Ish5501

Jacob.k

Jacob.k
You can basically live from just commenting on other blogs. The key is to find blogs in your niche, try to comment as soon as it's published, provide value, and entice people to click on your comment name/link/search your comment name (which is, of course, your website), and be smart about funneling people that arrive from that places.
Repeat the process with those that gets you traffic, dump those that doesn't.

In a month you start to see sales going up.

Many people are too quick to say it doesn't work... It does but it's hard job doing that 10hrs a day.

TheAuthor

The difference between Commenting and Guest Posting

Can any one tell me what is the difference between between Blog Commenting and Guest Posting?
which one will help to rank my keyword better in search engine results? Since I am still having less experience in SEO hence I could not distinguish these points.
Blog Commenting is where you search other sites you wish to comment on within your niche, by using a tool called "Put My Link" (just search your browser) and search the keyword you wish to target. I suggest using the "Comment Luv Plugin" option in the drop down menu when selecting the kind of sites you wish to comment on. This not only allows you to include the URL to your blog, but also the link to your latest post automatically loaded. With comments it is extremely important to actually read the article you wish to comment on, and try adding value to the discussion. This way you will attract visitors to your own blog, remember your content is the only thing responsible for conversion and with comments it's no different.

Guest Posting is where you provide your own unique articles for publication on other sites. Now a great way to search some sites will be to enter the long or short tail keywords in your browser, followed by "write for us". HubPages, Medium and Quora (just search your browser) are great sites to leverage for guest posting but they will only feature your work when it's of exceptional quality. These three sites combined receive over 300 Million visitors over a six month period.

Manish Chaurasia

In Blog Commenting you write comment on one else blog which is related to your blog and provide your website link also to get more back links and more traffic.

In Guest Posting we write entire article or post for some one else blog or website and doing this is difficult.

In Blog Posting we get loads of traffic.

Guest posting is one of the biggest way to get traffic for your websites.

StevenLucas

Blog commenting is usually free and as others have said here should be done on a post that is relevant to your link and be far more than a short phrase of praise.

Guest posting may cost you, especially on high traffic, top popularity blogs. However, they will get your name known and get more traffic to your site, which is what SEO is all about.

A variation on Guest Posting is a post exchange. Find somebody else with a blog in your niche and write a post for each others blogs. Their link appears on your site and yours on theirs. Again it's a way of getting your name known, provided your content has value to the reader.

Denial Martin

Blog commenting - Blog commenting is a way to get traffic just reply to a blog post and add your website link.

Guest posting - Guest posting is a different way to get traffic you post other quality blogs and the admin must approve your blog post. Guest posting is better for SEO cause the links are all do-follow.

digember

Both are very important for SEO.
Blog commenting is very simple. You just have to comment on different blogs (related to your niche is preferred) and you leave your link. Many websites allows to leave your link on the signature name.
Whereas guest posting is a technique in which you write unique articles for other bloggers and leave a link back to your profile.

Nancy G

Blog commenting is making a remark or reaction after reading someone’s post. This is usually free.
Guest posting happens when you write a content to appear on another person’s blog or another person writes a post to appear on your blog. Permission to post has to be secured first from the owner.
Both methods are used for SEO. You normally build awareness and reputation for blog commenting. In Guest posting you build traffic thru backlinks which you can create with your posts.

subhodipd

Blog Commenting:
This is the process of posting comments in reply to a blog that has been posted on a particular site. A series of comments may follow this post.

Guest Posting:
This is one of the most important off-page SEO techniques. Here, you can choose to publish an informative blog post on another site which is relevant to your niche.

So, in all probability, guest posting will be more effective in securing a better rank for your keyword.

tiffiecute

When I do blog commenting I am bound with a number of rules. I write with caution and with the preference of the site policy. With guest posting, I am more free with my writeups. That's how I understood and experienced so far.

behappie

Guest Posting: It can help you a lot in SEO. It helps you to build authority online and it is one of the best SEO techniques. Whilst make sure that you do guest posting to drive quality along with link building otherwise it won't help you so much if you solely do it for making backlinks. Focus on the quality. Bloggers are becoming very choosy if you do guest posting on high authority blogs and easily reject you post if it do not have quality and relevant information.

Blog Comment: This is the easy route. You simply go to the comment section of articles that you want to comment on, include your link, and hope that your comment gets approved.
You can comment on an unlimited articles across different websites provided that you hthe time to do it. Comments could be as short as one sentence to as long as an entire paragraph (or even longer).

jennypitula

In blog commenting we give our opinion in other's blog, here we do not contribute any content. But in cases of guest posting we post content in others blog, here we contribute content. For guest posting we need permission of owner of the blog. But blog commenting any permission is not required. Later comments will be approved or will not be approved , it depends on moderator.

Pragnya123

There is a big difference between blog commenting and guest blogging. Blog commenting is done when you read someone's blog and give your opinion as a comment while in guest blogging you write a article and on the off chance that it is affirmed by another visitor blog owners then they will publish it in their blog.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.