Which is the Fastest Localhost Server?

joed77

I've tried almost every localhost server out there, be it WAMP for Windows, LAMP for Linux or Mamp for Mac, and much more, they work just fine, with some difficulties on Windows, but why they're have to be so slow. Is there any alternatives I might not be aware of?

Nemanja

Premium Member
I used all of which you mentioned but according to me, AppServ is the best. I used it for several years without any problems, I would recommend this localhost server.
You can download it at Appserv.org with the latest version is AppServ 8.6.0
The process of installation is pretty simple, after installed you an setup your website on your localhost without requirement extra configurations.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I've tried almost every localhost server out there, be it WAMP for Windows, LAMP for Linux or Mamp for Mac, and much more, they work just fine, with some difficulties on Windows, but why they're have to be so slow. Is there any alternatives I might not be aware of?
Not sure you have really tested with LAMP for Linux but still said it was slow because LAMP and LEMP stack are one of faster web server for Linux, because to do this, you need to install components for your web server such as Linux (can be Ubuntu, CentOS, etc), Apache web (HTTP) server, MySQL database and PHP programming language.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views