Color palette inspiration?

PenguinManiac

What I find harder than coming up with a design is choosing what colors it will revolve around. Choosing the right combination is fundamental to convey the right feeling to your visitors and to make it visually appealing and unique.
How do you find inspiration to choose the right palette? Is there any showcase website you use, or is there something else you refer to?

Wyvh

Hey there Penguin,
I'd like to make you discover this website, which is a favorite of mine; Colourlovers.

It has patterns, templates, shapes, colors.. And all of them don't have only 5 or 6 contents.
colourlovers.com/palettes/

Give me your feedback ! :B

Mike001

I personally like the Kuler website by Adobe.

I have been using it for many years and it has some really good features that allow you to input a color and it will display, the complementing colors in both hex and RGB values.

The color wheel features are awesome, you can build your own Themes and save them to the site, see what color schemes are popular at the time and create your own Themes.

It has been around for many years and is very easy for customers to use when they are looking for guidance on determining a site color scheme.

The Explore feature of the site lets you look at primary color schemes and gives you the complementing colors for those schemes.

All in all, a great tool for determining colors of a site.

Just google Kuler and it should be at the top of the list....

PenguinManiac

Hey there Penguin,
I'd like to make you discover this website, which is a favorite of mine; Colourlovers.

It has patterns, templates, shapes, colors.. And all of them don't have only 5 or 6 contents.
colourlovers.com/palettes/

Give me your feedback ! :B
Wow, I love that! Showcasing user-made palettes is already great by its own, but the pattern feature is what really caught my attention. I often find myself thinking "Wow, those colours would make for a good combination", but then I find it hard to mix them correctly. Thanks for the suggestion, to the bookmarks it goes!

I personally like the Kuler website by Adobe.

I have been using it for many years and it has some really good features that allow you to input a color and it will display, the complementing colors in both hex and RGB values.

The color wheel features are awesome, you can build your own Themes and save them to the site, see what color schemes are popular at the time and create your own Themes.

It has been around for many years and is very easy for customers to use when they are looking for guidance on determining a site color scheme.

The Explore feature of the site lets you look at primary color schemes and gives you the complementing colors for those schemes.

All in all, a great tool for determining colors of a site.

Just google Kuler and it should be at the top of the list....
How I missed such a website made by Adobe itself is beyond me. I've only used Paletton so far to come up with similar colors starting from one, but I didn't know Kuler worked in the same way. It's like it combines Paletton and Colourlovers. I'll definetely save this one too. Thanks!

Wyvh

Pleasure's mine ! I quite had the same reaction when I discovered that website, 3 years ago.. and i'm still on it. Can't enough of it.

Mike001

No problem, I am glad that you enjoyed the site.

I have been using Kuler for many years. I am a web developer and not a designer and can use all the help I can in determining a color palette for a customer. The site is great and just keeps getting better.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views