How fast is your website load speed?

jeiss

I get discouraged to press further if I try to access a website and it doesn't load in less than 5 seconds. Speeding up a website is really important if you have visitors that regularly come to your website to see your contents. Also, it helps in search engine optimization (SEO). Google has even incorporated site speed in search rankings. Website load speed on desktop and mobile is of great importance especially if you want your website to appear among the first result in a search query and also if you what your visitors on the average to be consistent.

What methods do you use to increase your website load speed?

CookieJarMoney

Most WP and current templates have full instructions available to users to maximize page loading capabilities, I would refer to that. It is also important to remember though, that although you may possess state of the art loading capacity, there are many Americans who live across the country in small towns and rural areas where the fastest speeds are not available so make sure you look at your site from both perspectives.

But the basics include Resizing photos for fastest loading time as a good start. Then, using thumbnails then linking to larger views (like catalogs/ retail sites do) will also help speed things up if you are designing your own template or uploading pages from your computer. Another basic is reducing the frames on your own designs and all kinds of flash will also influence speed of page loading.

Again the simplest method is to use of buy a Template from a reputable website & tailor it to your own needs. You can then follow their suggestions on what types /sizes of files to incorporate into your page for the best viewing experience allowing you to concentrate on building CONTENT within your website which leads to you spending time on PROMOTING your website both much more valuable ways to spend your time if you are building a website to earn money.

nesir

Yes some good insight from cookie , always develop for mobile first , its the slowest but most used. Google speed ranking is a bit of a liar, its not the speed of your site , the actual time it ranks but the how optimised it is i had a site at 11 seconds loading time and google gave me a 84 cuz pagespeed gives that rating based on what instructions youve followed. Obviously as you mention u want under 5 secs , the biggest culprits are usually images and render blocking css or java or jquery , defer or async them , use compression on you css and js and try to compile all css in one file if possible. Also externally linked resources like plugins are a killer , lastly your hosting company has a impact on your time to first byte ... Wordpress is notorious for its speed issues its no surprise to me theyve compiled something on speeding up. Hope they address their security and seo issues too.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.