Can I make Nginx work like Apache?

joed77

I have started to look for alternatives fro Apache, I found Nginx, tried it, get confused and get back to Apache.
Do you use Nginx, is it better than Apache?

hostpad

You may try litespeed which is a drop in replacement of apache.

joed77

I've looked it up and found that it's a paying solution, which would not be a problem, just it has to be worth paying for, I also noticed that they have the software version for mac only available in 32.

EzzyTech-Sakib

I found NGINX some problematic. I used it in one of my servers and Very often the server was down and after restarting the server was online. Then I replaced Apache and the problem was solved.

virtubox

I have started to look for alternatives fro Apache, I found Nginx, tried it, get confused and get back to Apache.
Do you use Nginx, is it better than Apache?
Nginx provide better performance than Apache, and can handle high-traffic with low resources usage.
Switching from Apache to Nginx require to understand how nginx configuration work, but after that you can host any application with Nginx.
You can find all info about nginx in their admin guide : https://www.nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/

litespeed is for shared hosting provider, a good alternative to Apache, but pretty expensive personal usage.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies