Should I Consider Facebook for Free Marketing?

joed77

Facebook is not a website that i would visit regularly, yet I've heard so many people advertise their freely.
Should I'll start making more friends in Facebook, or it's a wast of time

alexanderzx360

There's a couple things you have on Facebook that could work:

Create a group page: if whatever you're promoting is something small, that needs constant updates and public interaction this might be the best option, everyone in there can post anything and you can easily (as an admin) reply to their questions and everything else

Create a regular page: this is different since only the admins can post on the page, if it's something that not necessarily needs public interaction 24/7 and you only need it for updates (for example) this might be the choice for you

Having a regular facebook account: if you are promoting yourself, the friends thing might just do the work. You could also add the "Follow" buttom so people can know what you're up to without being directly your friends (this works if you get a lot of requests)

Hope this works! Cheers

Reactions: shrinkme

joed77

joed77
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I think I'll go with regular Facebook account, cause it's more open, and people will feel at home, and later when I build enough customer base I'll go with the first.

cmarkcsco

Facebook marketing is quite a cheap substitute compared to traditional marketing. Sponsored ads are designed to target a certain demographic and audience, thus, making it easier for your business to be publicized.

It's just a matter of finding the right public materials to use in order to promote your brand. :ertery:

joed77

That's a good point, the difference between free Facebook and paying solutions is targeting a certain demographic, so this targeting element is what I'm going to focus on even with free Facebook marketing.

jyy

Facebook is an excellent idea. However, remember that you have to build a huge list if you want a lot of attention without paying. This is due to the fact that a post on Facebook probably only reaches 3 percent of the audience, something like that. Nonetheless, the irony is the fact it normally takes a lot money to build a list. Note, you can build the list without money, but it would be very difficult - unless you had something really viral and/or had a lot of connections.

Reactions: joed77

joed77

joed77
Making friends in Facebook wouldn't be a problem for me, what I'm really concerned about is how do one make a friend just to sell him something later on, is there any way to be clear on my intentions while I'm making friends?

josh30

I think yeah! Its really a big yeah and yes for me. because people now are using facebook like a mobile phone. They can lived without a Facebook in there life. If you have a lot of friends on facebook and you decided to sell something. then you can try to post it on facebook to have good audience. Then if they like it, they will share it and if there is a lot of interested people. Then It means you have a lot of sales men! Boom! you have money.

joed77

joed77
You're right about mobile phones, I think it's even more powerful then a website based marketing tool, navigating the webpages in phones is a bit hard, while a phone application is easier to use

spartan14

I get good traffic from facebook groups but please be sure to not spam this groups or you will be blocked for posting .Register on some groups in your niche and be sure to not spam ,deliver helpful posts and good information and only make a subtitle promotion to your affiliate offer etc

jojo_1234

Definitely you have to try it! Take it from me. I have a regular Facebook account and manages 3 different pages and what a surprise these pages can reach up to 70,000+ people in just a day. Facebook does not limit only on who your friends are it also promotes your product to others. So if you are planning to advertise something in the future start creating your own personal account. Facebook is definitely one good avenue and remember it is for free.

BelindaMT

It's not a waste of time dear. I am using Facebook for my small business and it's a big help in my part. It's just like advertising your product for free. So try now anyway it's free there is nothing to lose. Adding new friends which you don't know personally is a must, eventually they are your potential customers.

williamk

Free Facebook advertising works, only that sometimes you might get many likes and views but fewer sales. The best way you can do it is by joining other marketing groups and pages and promte your product or service. The other one that has worked for me is creating a page for my niche, lets say it's body building then you start showing different techniques of exercises then you start advertising your products gradually as your members grow.

refrigeratorrr

Facebook is a great online online advertising site. Why? It's free, millions of people can see your advertisement and there are thousands of people willing to see your advertisements and they can be interested too in what your product is.

Heather

When starting a business, social media is great platform to advertise your business, of course facebook is one of them creating a page or a group add every person you know specially people with a lot of followers since everything is a thread on facebook being friends with people that has a lot of followers will help you trend easily, make some informative post about your business on that page put a lot of pictures that will showcase everything about your business, and there are also ways to make your page be put on "Suggested Pages" that way people from around the world will notice your page that it is actually existing. I know a lot of people have come to use Facebook on their business advantages, promoting their product through simple posting, gathering a lot of likes, followers and share and I must say it worked well on their business. Might want to try maximizing your account capabilities on your business benifits.

Rmariz

Yes, But in order for Facebook to advertise your business or page you will also need to pay them, In this modern age nothing comes for free! If you heard about Facebook page manager in order to be advertise you need to pay facebook thru paypal and in return your business will increase sales and that resulted because facebook advertising build your audience! As for my experience so far I'm paying $1 per day for a single photo and the audience I reached are within my city (demographic) but the good thing is you can choose your audience base on age etc.

jeffrey_1984

You should consider facebook if you are looking for free marketing. Facebook is the most visited and well known social networking site so definitely, a lot of people will see your ad. However, competition is stiff nowadays and many people are already using facebook for marketing. You should be creative when posting your ads to facebook and if you want, you can also pay a small amount to Facebook so your ad/page will always appear on the "suggested pages".

DesmondHayes

To take advantage of Facebook, it's important to first create a Facebook page for your business. After that, it's important to define the audience, create interesting content that will attract your audience and provide it with useful information. Facebook also provides the ability of Facebook Ads, a service that sends your message to exactly that part of the audience that might be interested in your services or company can use Facebook Ads campaign to direct communication to selectively selected user groups by location, language, gender, age, education and other significant characteristics so you should definitely use Facebook for Free Marketing!

Barakobryan

You can do a lot of things on Facebook, you can post or advertise(introduce) your products. But don't expect to much on facebook,only who added you or you add can see it. You can create a group but its hard to gather people who'll be interested in your products.

Here's a tip, first you need to join other groups, like "buy and sell" or other groups related to marketing. Introduce your product on each groups, and when people who interested to your product and buy your product, add them and invite them to your group to see your other product. You need to have what they call a "Sweet tounge".

it's better to gather few people who's intersted to your product, than adding people aimlessly.

After all a consistent and loyal consumer is what we need.

jayveeramos07

Yes it may help you. It would depend on how you use Facebook. Let's put it in an analogy: Imagine yourself doing business in a form of a drugstore stationed in a town wherein you only have 5 neighbors? Who will buy your products? You would have a sure consumers from your 5 neighbors, but you cannot assure yourself that they will buy or visit you every single day. They will just purchase your products if someone from their household needs a medicine. Now, how can you make profit? You have three possible options: Change your store location, have another branch or invite outsiders to drop by your store. Same thing with Facebook. Yes, you can advertise there, but who can look at your profile? How many friends do you have, how many of them are active users? If you want to advertise, you also have three ways: Change your privacy setting. Start to consider making your post privacy "Public" from "Private" so that anyone can see your post. Second, have yourself other Social Media Accounts. You can try YouTube and incorporate or link your videos from there to Facebook. Lastly, add more friends. More friends means more opportunity to your post to be seen.

Facebook is great, but some people are not really into it. I don't blame you, many people are not letting themselves be addicted to Social Networking Sites, like Facebook. And it's somehow a good practice. If you are planning to advertise in Facebook, consider every factors so that your efforts will not be into waste. Best of luck! You can do it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.