Hello, I'm new here

shrinkme

Hi, my name is Brian and I am new to the forum. I have a lot of experience with web properties, dating back to 1997.

LinkHeros

Hi Brian, do you build web properties for yourself? Or do you build them for other people? A lot has changed in the web development world since 1997!

shrinkme

LOL - Yes a lot has changed. But some things are still the same. I have not done web properties for others, I do them mainly for myself. I have worked on company intranets for clients though. As a consultant, I do mainly back end systems.

I like to use Wordpress for a lot except when I need to write a site that is data driven, i.e. highly changeable. Then I go to PHP and HTML. I will cheat with whatever tools I can get my hands on though. In the old days it was Microsoft Front Page, is that even around any more?

By the way... shrinkme.com was my first website... no longer mine unfortunately.

harrygreen90

Hi Brian, nice to meet you and welcome to the best webmaster forum on the net.
I read your first good posts on this forum and it is great to have you discussing with us.
Enjoy your stay here and hope to see around!

timothykiko

Hello Brian, welcome to the community.

I like to use Wordpress for a lot except when I need to write a site that is data driven, i.e. highly changeable. Then I go to PHP and HTML. I will cheat with whatever tools I can get my hands on though. In the old days it was Microsoft Front Page, is that even around any more?
I don't think Microsoft Front Page or Macromedia Dreamweaver work these days. Almost web developers like using hand codes and it will be better for works and clients.

shrinkme

shrinkme
On my most recent project I think I hand coded my template. I wish I were better with style sheets, that would probably help.

With Microsoft Word you can do table layouts and save to html. From there you can copy the code out for a web page. Again, anything that saves me time you know.

My project was more about capturing and using data and not so much about design... but every once in a while I find a design element that I like and incorporate it into my web pages.

ulterios

Hello Brian and welcome to Webmaster Sun, we are happy to have you join the community and we look forward to seeing you around the forum.

:welcome:

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views