Is Internet Marketing a Career or Hobby?

Nemanja

Premium Member
I would like to hear your opinion and stories on whether Internet Marketing is a Career or Hobby for you? Can you seriously make a living off of Internet Marketing? and if yes which one would you try first and it is worth for you to become wealthy?
Your inputs are welcomed!

LinkHeros

It started out as a hobby for me, now it is my full time job.

Most people make the mistake of thinking it is easy to make money from internet marketing. It is far from easy and usually takes a lot of time and work to succeed, but the rewards are worth it, for me at least.

Tania997

It will be a hobby in the beginning. Like pretty much everything in life, when you start out internet marketing will be very hard. It is one of those hobbies where you'll think it's easy to make a lot of money, mainly because of what you see on the web. A lot of articles write about this, and how it's so easy to make it your full time job. It is not and you will be very lucky if it becomes that. But if you manage to make it, which will take a long time and you'll have to invest some money, it will be worth it.

stoneman

Sure as others just said it will start like a hubby, but at a time I developed more interest in the market and started falling in love with it day by day.

Always seeing myself in IM forums no longer on social medias all of a sudden it became part of me in the sense that I no longer care about any other thing apart from the market,

And now here I am I work full time onlime, I stay online from morning till evening even dream about my works online, I just love Internet marketing is more than a hubby to me its my career I can't do without it..

Thanks that a nice thread

happybear

For me, both. Things will be lighter if you make it a hobby in a sense that nobody force you or dictates you to do so. Make sure that you are happy and entertained while doing this just like your normal hobby. In this way, your career in internet marketing will not be a burden to you.
Also consider this as a career for you to aim growth not just to yourself but also to others.

JoeMilford

I have never looked at this as a hobby. As a freelancer, I have many other writing venues, but I am now interested in Internet Marketing as a potential career or at least as a very good part time job to supplement my income. I know it is going to take time to accomplish this, but I am determined and happy doing it. I need to be more creative iin how I approach this business, so I am working on that.

LinkHeros,
How did you make the transition from hobby to career? Was it difficult? What path did you choose? I could use any suggestions you may have to give. I am just getting started, but I am taking monetizing my blogs and products/services very seriously.

robert4u

I started as a hobby and I never thought it will be my career, but now its career for me since many years. I have seen new generation with the dreams to earn big and they work hard in this career. Also I have seen many people earning good money so yes one can consider it serious career.

JonathanS

Well, for me, internet marketing currently is a hobby representing a percentage my passive income. However, I would like to eventually turn it into a career. Personally, I don't know anyone who has turned it into a full-time job. That's not to say it can't be done. I just don't know anyone myself who has succeeded. Like any career, it takes skill and experience built up over time to turn it into your main source of income. As of right now, my knowledge isn't vast enough to turn this into something full-time. Though I feel with more experience under my belt, the potential is boundless, in my opinion.

Clara1993

When I see internet marketing I think of it as a potential future career for me and my kids because I intend to introduce them to Internet marketing, However for the moment internet marketing is still a hobby for me, I manage to make good money from it but I think I still have lots of things to learn before I can call it a career, Maybe when I decide to quit my job to make it a full time job that's when I'll start to call it a career for me.

Aryan

In starting, I didn't know about it, that time I needed a job. I got a job in this filed. Now it's become my job as well as hobby.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
So, it was a career for you before it became a hobby because you got benefit from it. According to me, internet marketing should start from hobby because you should learn everything about it before providing any services to your clients.

SirenOnFire

I think this really depends whether you get your main income from it, or only to have extra bucks. I started out just a month ago because I needed extra money for this vacation I'll be having, now I'm really hooked in it. I don't think it's possible to have it as a real career for me, because well, I didn't work my butt off through nursing school, only not to practice as one. Despite that, I believe that making it as a career is not bad idea. There are quite a few who preferred this than their day jobs because well, sometimes you can earn more here, and you get to choose where and when you do your job. That kind of freedom is just not possible in other type of work. If this continues to go well for me, I might spend more time doing it, but it will still be more like a hobby than a job on my part.

Hurry14

For now it's just a hobby for me, because I'm currently employed as a full-time worker. But if things go great at great and my earnings will be sufficient enough to make a living, then maybe I'll make this my career or full-time job. Even though this is really hard for the likes of me that just started with no knowledge at all on how can I really earn money online. And if your asking if it's really possible to make a living of internet marketing? My answer is absolutely yes, because many people had already been really successful in this kind of career and they really are earning more than they ever needed. So I'm gonna do my best until I can also taste the sweet wealthy life on this kind of career.

betty3

Hi Nemanja,
For me, it's both a career and hobby.
Why? because your hobby might be your career also.
Simply because you tend to pay more attention to the things you like most. You van never enjoy the things you are
doing if you are not happy to it.And since that's what your heart tells you to do, it became you career.

For example, if you work in job that you are not passionate about it, you can never enjoyed it and you will always end up on negative result, sometimes you RESIGNED! But if you're working under the field of your interest you will end happy
and successful.

jessicarousey

Some would say that it started to them as a hobby and then career. I am with the exact opposite. It started as a work for me and at the very beginning I barely know what is its main concept or hardly understand it fully and it's very difficult for me, thats when I get the idea and as time goes by I found it really interesting where in eventually it became a hobby for me. It was a very risky moment for me to step in to this career, and it is indeed a big leap. Looking forward to learn more about in this field, all in all, for me this is a very interesting career.

pjprins

Internet marketing is something I always wanted to do - but I just couldn't get it all together. Eventually I became a ghostwriter, and learned through being given access to "research material".

And then I had to break free from that "comfort zone" - because if you know you have money coming in, it's very easy to "take it easy" on your sideline projects.

So yes, there was a time when it was a "hobby", but doing it full time was always the final aim.

shanejhane

In the beginning its just a hobby, I don't know what its all about and I don's have any idea about it, but soonest I realized that it can be turn to career. Since, its a career, the good thing about it is I still enjoying what I'm doing, its really motivates me to attain my goal and always positive.

vhinz

I'm just getting started on internet marketing and I'll say that I want this to be my career. For what I have read and watched videos on youtube, internet marketing is a really serious business and being an internet marketer is a really nice career because it could give you good income.

Nancy G

Normally one starts in internet marketing as a hobby. It starts with a skill or talent that you may be passionate about and will like to explore since there is an opportunity online. At that point, you are still unsure if you will make it but just testing the waters, learning and seeing how it goes. Once business is picking up or you are making well enough that you are confident of its great potential, you then decide to leave your regular job and concentrate on building a career out of this because you realize you need more time and effort to focus on taking your hobby to the next level. This is the reason why initially, you still maintain a regular job as you need this as your main source of income.

For those who do not have work but bent on doing internet marketing or a freelancer, I believe you should treat this as a career but set expectations that there is no such thing as “quick rich schemes” or overnight success. You have to pursue and explore all possibilities of achieving your dreams by being open to new ideas and opportunities and learning from the experience. Some discover by accident the missing “secret link” in their success via their endless perseverance and positivity. Some businessmen say “success is 99% effort and 1% luck”.

donreg

I would like to hear your opinion and stories on whether Internet Marketing is a Career or Hobby for you? Can you seriously make a living off of Internet Marketing? and if yes which one would you try first and it is worth for you to become wealthy?
Your inputs are welcomed!

For me, I started my blog as a hobby and it helped me to build a strong fan base but along the line, I had to make it a full time career since it is now yielding me good income.

Dictator20

Both!!! It can be a career and a hobby. because you can have a online job any time you want. but for me its better to have a permanent job in a company and get a online job at the same time to have an extra income. Because for me in permanent job you already have assurance of being payed but in online job 50/50.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.