Amazon Affiliate Question

Ryan_132

Hi,

I just started promoting a couple affiliate items. I made a few sales but I am confused on how the commission works. Here is a screen shot from yesterday.
Affiliate.jpg

I'm just confused on what the shipped items revenue of 4.99 means, then the total earnings are only .20 ?

Also I made some sales from 3rd party vendors on Amazon today, do you still get the same commision %?

One last question, I heard somewhere that as you sell a certain amount of items, the commision % increases?

Thanks.

Ryan_132

But the item they bought was $45.00. I looked at the commision and it said the rate for that item was like 8%. Which is why I'm confused.

It was a Fire TV Stick, and they also purchased a protection plan for it. Here is the commission %.
Capture.PNG

Rob Whisonant

It sounds like the item was sold through a 3rd party supplier. When that happens, Amazon pays you a percentage of their profits. In this case, they earned $4.99 and paid you .20 out of that. In cases like this, your commission is based on what Amazon earns, not what the item sells for.

Ryan_132

Thanks. That answers my question regarding what happens when 3rd party vendors buy it. I need to watch out for that, seems like the commissions can be awful on those items.

Haha weird thing is I went to the page of what they bought and it was a fire tv stick by Amazon... Amazon is the only one who sells it on that page.

Pretty weird I guess.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
When you look at a listing, look for the link that list other sellers of the item. Including any used items for sale. It was most likely sold from one of those sellers. Amazon just shows you the main listing, not the specific seller.

Ryan_132

Ah, I know what happened now. Just me being an idiot haha.

Capture2.jpg

They also bought a protection plan and that is the only thing that shipped so far. Makes sense.

Thanks again.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.