Do you Automate Stuff?

joed77

Sometimes I have thousands of files to sort, compress, delete, send, and all kinds of tedious work. My first inclination is: can I automate this. I do that mostly with Apple script in the desktop, and with iMacros on the web.
I think it's an overlooked art, this can save time and energy for some other important stuff.
what about you, do you automate, any kind of automation on any system will be welcome?

Rob Whisonant

The main things I automate are the following.

1. My email autoresponder series.
2. Website backups.
3. Some drip feeding of blog posts.

I don't automate any social postings. If I am not available to respond to the posts I make, I'm not treating my future prospects fairly. I would basically just be another spammer filling up social sites with drive by buy this crap type posts.

joed77

I wouldn't do that too, one should always remember that behind every keyboard a human being, I meant by automating, say you have a download folder filled with all kind of files, you could clean up this mess by using a script that will sort the files and put them in right folder.

carla281

Automating certain processes can save a lot of time. I use macros in Microsoft Word; it saves me from having to type the same heading repetitively. Of course automation can come in handy with certain software; for example, website submission, file sorting, and other tedious task.

Reactions: joed77

joed77

joed77
For me it was Microsoft Excel, I'm still struggling a little bit with website submission, as I haven't found a suitable plugin yet for Firefox nor for Chrome.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.