At what age did you start using social media

stoneman

So many of us started making use of social media as kids and some as adults,

We don't really know the social media you started with and the time you started making use of them and also the age you were,

Can you share with us those informations, like your first social media, the age you started making use of it, and also if you still make use of them now or you have forgotten the password,

As for me I started with Facebook and I was 13 when I started making use of it, but didn't enjoy it then because did not have enough friends then, also I have forgotten my password..

what about you ...

Let's create the fun here

nesir

I dont know if in your country you had mxit? its like a cheaper version of whatsapp , that was probably my first obsessio with online social interaction. I was about 16 at the time , i remember lying on the rug on the floor to keep my phone on charge while i was chatting , never realised how bad it was until a few months later it passed and i had all this free time.

stoneman

Lol @nesir that mxit I know about it but didn't sign in to it because didn't know how it works and I also felt that I will not enjoy it, about you lying on the rug to charge your phone while you are chatting almost everybody did it,

Always charging my phone while am chatting and that made me to stay close to the wall sockets, it was more fun then but I really enjoyed games more than social medias then.

Thanks for your review friend, take care

alexanderzx360

I remember start using social media back in 2005-2006, I was 10 years old back then. The first social media I used was a very popular site among young people called Hi5, I think it's still up and running but I'm sure it wasn't as successful as Facebook or any other sites. I registered on Facebook at the age of 11 and on Twitter when I was 15, and that's probably all it goes for me on social media.

I remember some friends having a bit of a competition on where to find the best of those websites and showing it to everyone else, but that was before Facebook took the advantage of everything.

Janniz

Lolz, I first used social media when I was 14 years old. At that time, facebook was just so hot stuff in my country.

stoneman

Wow @janniz that was a year after i joined thesame Facebook, that's nice truly Facebook was a very big thing in the society that period I just joined it, but didn't have enough friends, so I didn't enjoy it much...

But right now Facebook is now so popular that I don't enjoy it any more, I just visit it to check some of my notifications if I have a friend request or something,

But still Facebook is fun thanks for your review, take care

grchl0513

I first joined/registered to social media site when I was around 14 or 15 yrs old and that time the famous social media site is friendster and that time I have lots of friends who also joined friendster wherein we can post status, write testimonials to our friends, upload pictures, etc. but now friendster does not exist. I joined/registered in facebook when I was 19 years old and all of my friends also switch to facebook. I enjoy using facebook so much. I can easily reach my loved ones, friends, old classmates and colleagues. And facebook is the most popular social media site as of today.

Aryan

In 2008, I joined Orkut, It was a Google product and was more popular in India but now orkut is not available, but It was really awesome one. That time I was 23 years old. But I joined Facebook and twitter in 2009.

Judas2018

If AOL chat rooms count, I'd say age 18. Back in those days, AOL, MSN and Yahoo all had chat rooms. These days, I am not sure if MSN chat is still around even though I hear MSN itself still lives..... barely. Yahoo chat is still around I think. AOL is still around I know but as for its chat capabilities, not sure.

BelindaMT

I think I was 22 or 23 years old when I start using social media and that was year 2005. The first social media that I was hooked into it is Freindster. Sad to say there’s no freindster today it was gone when this Facebook was created which has a better service and application compare to Freindster.

AmieBotella

The first social media I joined is Friendster back in 2003 I think and I'm 22 that time. It's been a new experience especially for a Gen Y member to engage in a world where in you interact with other people and your friends via a social media in the internet. Then Facebook came and I joined in 2009. Facebook has only been a social media gaming arena for me at first and seldom interact with friends. But lately I've come to appreciate Facebook as a means to communicate with people close to me who are living overseas.

anor0428

I started using social media when I was 15 years old. The first social media site that I joined was Facebook. There, you can costumize your profile, change layout, and post animated pictures and gif. Way back in 2004 to 2006, I can say that Friendster was one of on the top sites that has the most number of users, until Facebook made a big change for releasing a game called Farmville. It was was a big hit and I admit, I am one of those who got addicted to the game.

jasminemax

I started using social media at the age 19. I was more into facebook those days. I love chatting with my friends and collegues. Facebook, gave me a chance t tie up with all my good old friends.

Till now, facebook is one of the most popular and leading social media. other than facebook, I also use instagram and watsapp.

ColdFlameChris

Since I'm already 33, I think I started using social media when I was 24 I think. I remember using Friendster as my social media. Since Facebook dominates and most of my relatives prefer it, I also switched to facebook.

Jroldan

Hi! I started with Friendster when I was about 10 or 11. I was so innocent back then about the online world. It was funny because at that time, I was only thinking about those glittery and cute posts about things just to amaze my online friends. I also remember being obsessed with Friendster's feature which enabled me to see who viewed my profile. I don't know if that was legit. It's still a mystery to me, though. After a few years, I discovered Facebook and the rest is history. I feel a little bit sad now because Friendster is gone. I want to go back and laugh at those things I posted before but they are all gone.

karlaaaaaa

I was so young back then, I was 14 years old when I started using Friendster. Friendster was as famous as Facebook way back the time. It actually has the same function for communication purposes and you can also customize your page, adding wallpaper and music back ground and stuff. I started using Facebook when I was 18, and I was asked to create an account as my boss asked me to do so, It was for career purposes but now I use it for personal thing more often.

jessicarousey

As far as I remember, I started using it at 13-14. I only use it before because it is a fad at my community that time (due to friendster's shut down). Until games where released in FB and made it the main reason why I stick to it. It was a really fun good old times. Now I often use it mainly for communication and business purposes.

Glinary

Crazy, I think I had mine back then without even being aware of it at age 3. My sister used to manage my Friendster account, uploading all my pictures as a child. Eventually, I created my own Facebook when I was in the 1st grade, so maybe it was at age 6-7? I can't even remember how I discovered it. Next thing I realized, I was spending most of my time entertaining myself following other people and making online friends. Now I can't help but become embarrassed whenever someone stalks me because my Facebook account contains all my funny pictures as a kid! It was quite an early age, right?

SirenOnFire

At about 12 or 13 maybe, when Friendster was such a hit here in my country. I wasn't as active there as I was in Facebook but back then, I don't think people were really into social media every day. I loved many features it had, considering there were not much platforms that could compete with it, but what I think I liked most was that you can put background music when people open your profile. Then I went into Facebook. What hooked me there are the games, such as Farmville. Not only was it addicting, it also awakens this sense of competitiveness in you that makes you want to play more and longer to get ahead of your friends. I tried twitter for a while, but it hasn't stuck to me like Facebook did. Now, I haven't been active in social media for quite a while because of so many reasons I can enumerate. What I believe though that kids nowadays join the social media too early that sadly, many of them has victims of predators due to their naivety.

tophew

As far as i remember i started joining social media since 8 years old on that time the famous widely use social media is friendster my older sister thought me on how to use it and set up the profile until 2011 i stop friendster then move on to facebook much better platform and until now i am active in using facebook i used it to communicate with my friends that is far away and also reading some news through facebook.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.