Partnering with app developers?

PenguinManiac

The mobile apps market is incredibly flourishing, and it represents a promising market for promotion.
Aside from ads, another way to make use of it could be to partner with app developers as a form of mutual promotion: you can advertise their app on your blog or website and they can mention you in a splash screen with a banner or something.

Have you tried this yourself? If so, where do you go to to find eligible developers?? Could be a successful technique?

Rob Whisonant

I develop scripts, software apps etc for marketers all the time. The big challenge is finding a marketer that can actually sell. I started being very selective with what marketers I deal with these days. My first question to them is, can show me a few things you have successfully marketed?

Got tired really quick of developing a product and then they sell just a handful and think that was a big success. :)

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Yeah, you're selling a product, not selling out. Collaboration is nice and all, but it has to be profitable for both sides, right?
I guess it's all about finding partners with matching experience and skill. You can't expect a well-versed app developer to partner with an emergent marketer (well, not normally, at least). But have you had positive experiences with equally skilled marketers?

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
When the marketer is really good, I have had very good experiences. Also have had many that could talk a great game but could not sell anything.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
I'm sure the web has plenty of such individuals, yeah. In your opinion, what was to blame for their their incapacity to sell products? Inexperience? Lack of proper connections? Lack of a pre-existing customer base to refer to? After all, marketers who are just starting out can only impress through their words rather than with actions, but being more prepared for that can help us avoid making the same mistakes.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
It definitely sounds more like ill will than overconfidence in this case. The line between scammers and businessmen wannabe is thin in the early stages. I feel bad for those who are automatically disparaged because of the wrongdoing of people with not as equally good intentions. I'm glad you managed to avoid being tricked by them, though.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.