Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Beginners guide to programming and coding?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • WHAT'S NEW
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

Beginners guide to programming and coding?

Hello Guys!
    So I'm new in this "coding" world. And I would like to learn the basics from it. I would be a starter so do you know any guide easy to handle? basically what I would need is a beginners guide. Please share your experience with me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 533/2
    Given: 28/1
    Thanks
    Any beginners book will do. The trick is to jump in and actually start coding. Learn as you go, debug as you go... You learn more by doing than reading. Just go for it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Learning a programming language will take you some time and a lot of effort. If have those two requirements, you can start right away. First you need to decide what programming language you want to learn, your choice will depend on what you want the end-product to be. If you want an Android app go for Java, If you want a webpage then go for HTML, If you want computer softwares then go for C++. So Decide First, then you are gonna have to pick a good course to start with.I recommend that you try Udacity's course for learning Java and HTML but If you want C++, you should try "thenewboston" its a youtube channel. One last advice I will give you is to never quit, be determined, don't make yourself think that this is gonna be hard.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 9/0
    Thanks
    I'm new to programming too. You ask for a guide, but a guide for what exactly? If you want to create web pages, the basic languages you would need to learn are HTML5, CSS, Javascript, and later PHP. If you are coding backend too, you could learn languages like C++ for example.

There are many coourses and guides out there. You can find some at: Udemy, Udacity, Edx, Lynda, Codeschool, Codeacademy

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 355/0
    Given: 38/0
    Thanks
    I have a lot of FREE video tutorials on my site that can get you started. I cover HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, Bootstrap and even have some of the original Flash ActionScript 3 videos that I still have up based on the members request.

Check them out, and if you have any questions just drop me an email or PM me on the WebmasterSun site.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks

All type of programming training

I'm new to programming as well. You request a guide, however a guide for what precisely? On the off chance that you need to make website designing, the fundamental dialects you would need to learn are HTML5 CSS3, Java, and later PHP. On the off chance that you are coding backend as well, you could learn dialects like C language,C++ for instance.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Thanks
    As a beginner you must ask first yourself if you really want to learn programming. If yes, you need to have motivation in doing something like coding. Because motivation makes you keep going on doing something. Next is focus on what you are doing, you should avoid distraction, when you are coding you must avoid visiting social media sites like facebook because it distract you on what you are doing. Next is practice, just practice practice practice, it makes you better.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Start with "Learn python the hard way" and do every single step literally and exactly as the author asks you to.
    And get a programmer buddy to annoy with questions, trust me you need this path to make it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    I am also a beginner in terms of coding. My friend, who is an expert programmer suggested that I should start with HTML. He even invited me to sit-in during his classes, but the problem is, I am not available during those times. So I tried to browse the internet and found this Ebook which is a very extensive guide to learning programming languages such as HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP and many more. What I like about it is it's being beginner friendly, and tries to explain every detail of the code. There are also examples that are very illustrative and easy to comprehend. It also has a list of software you need with detailed explanation. If you want to check it out the book, just type in Google html and xhtml css pdf and it will be number one in the result. The title is HTML, XHTML, and CSS All-in-one for Dummies by Alberto Jimenez.

You can also try and watch videos in youtube. Include in your list the videos of Mike001, they are really helpful.

Good luck and may you be successful in programming.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You have the best resource you could ask for, my friend. The internet. With that said, what I would recommend is going to your local library and note what books are available. Google their reviews and select the best one. Follow the book exactly as it says but when you're sure that you understand a concept please do experiment. Maybe you'll find that what you understood was wrong and could re-evaluate. Do this for each topic in the book. Do the exercises. Google the specific topics that you don't understand at all. But, google only as a last resort. When you unsuccessfully try to find a solution you effectively learn all the things you couldn't do. Maybe you'll see why your code didn't work as well.

If a library isn't an option, use The Internet Archive or some other site that provides public domain resources. If you have the money, pay for a nice class online or near your home. Just make sure that the class you're going to is worth paying for.

After learning the basics, start your own project! This is the best way to learn.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Thanks
    i prefer beginner guide is edx and coursera online training platforms where you can get all from basics to advanced levels of skill.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks

Lightbulb Absolute beginner can start coding with C Language

I'm a Web Developer working for London based web development company. As per my experience, If you're an absolute beginner, you need to learn the basics of a programming language first. I recommend C language, everyone starts with C, C is the mother of programming languages.

Here is list of Some useful books to learn C Language:

• Let us C - Yashwant Kanetkar (For beginners)
    • ANSI C - Dennis Ritchie (For Intermediate level)

Happy Coding

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    According to me the best way to learn any of the Coding language is w3school and many other tutorialpoints are available on the internet browser and i suggest you C or Asp.Net language to learn in the beginning of the carrer.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I would advise you to start programming in php. This is a fairly simple language that will help you understand the basics of programming.

Newer Threads

1. Pink_Turtle
    davidlee21
    Replies: 54 | Views: 4521
    Last post by davidlee21, 02-20-2019, 09:51 AM
  2. PenguinManiac
    RajSS
    Replies: 5 | Views: 759
    Last post by RajSS, 09-12-2017, 10:26 AM
  3. Tallmale
    Tallmale
    Replies: 0 | Views: 701