Do you think tablets would make dissapear real books?

Pink_Turtle

Hey guys!

So it's not a secret these days we use less and less real books and prefer the tech to store our information.
It saves you space and you avoid cleaning that dusty library in your place.

So I was wondering: Do you think tablets are eventually going to substitude books forever? Do you think they are going to get extinct at some point?

Please comment!

Rob Whisonant

No... To many old book collectors... Also a tablet just does not have the feel or comfort of curling up on the couch with a good book. The tactile feel is missing.

Reference books could go the way of the past, but stories..... Nope. :)

sagarleo1

sagarleo1
I agree with ROB, but tablets has successful to take down the percentage of people reading books timing. Every person read from the book but the amount of time it was used to do, is drastically decreased.

josh30

I think books will never ever replace by any gadget in this world. A lot of people still read books rather than reading on your tablet Ebooks. Most of the people prefer to buy books that e-book. The one thing is that, Books can be read even without electricity or a battery on it. But still e-book is a big help if you always on the go or there is a book that you barely wanted and your not in the right place to have it. Then you can buy it online.

Soulwatcher

I don't think you're going to see books fall off the face of the earth. But yes tablets and e-readers are replacing books at a rapid rate. They save paper, you can store thousands of books on your device and you don't have to worry about a ton of books piling up on you. I know in Michigan they are talking about replacing libraries with online libraries in the next 10~20 years. And I am 100% sure that they are going to do it. Because it would save the state Millions of dollars every year!

cesarmatute

I can't imagine a world without books, physical books. Reading from a tablet fatigues the eyes. I read news on my tablet, and web articles, but a book I'd rather read on a physical book. Perhaps when e-paper becomes more commercial books will be used less, but not disappear.

jbmedalla

I think no. Even though all of us use technology now such as tablets, many people still recommend to read a book physically. There are the ones who "likes the smell of a real book". And in my experience, I like reading a physical book rather than digital because digital books hurt my eyes if I read for too long.

marbertism

No, please. Books should live forever. Yes we use tablets for convenience and fun purposes but there is something special about books that makes me learn more. I preferred printed sources of information that the ones I see virtually. Too much exposure of tablets could eventually damage my eyes. Books have sentimentality factors on me. The fact also that it's tangible and you can have any positions reading a book with ease is a plus points.

azul

Not so soon I don't think. Many of the eBook readers like Amazon's Kindle are still in black and white, and are honestly only good for books that contain all text. But, for example, technical books you'd need high quality colored images, and I just feel like you get a better deal using a real book in these types of situations. eBooks are great for reading stories, though.

BelindaMT

Of course not. I believe that tablets will never make book printing an obsolete. I belong to a period of starting reading books long before the advent of electronic gadgets. Presently, I own a tablet, a laptop and a smartphone which undeniably, can have access to any online or E-books anytime, but it will always be better for me to carry a book in my bag and read it anywhere than reading it thru a tablet.

Jroldan

Hi! I think that will not happen anytime soon, because there are so many people who still prefer reading books and other hard copies of references. Even though technology has improved more ways for us to conveniently read novels or news, it does not mean that it caters to all. Those who buy books as a hobby, and those people in the old generation who are not so familiar with using technology, contribute to continuously publish books and news materials. If it will be extinct at some point, I don't think so, because we also look at the issue of gadgets as harmful when used for too long. There are many people who think of their health issues, and of course, as long as people buy books, it will not disappear.

Vastor122

Definitely not! As much as I value convenience over anything, I also love reading books and collecting physical copies of them. Don't get me wrong, I have also bought a couple of eBooks here and there, but for me, nothing beats the smell of the book's pages and the feeling of holding a concrete book in your hand.

Heatman

Hey guys!

So it's not a secret these days we use less and less real books and prefer the tech to store our information.
It saves you space and you avoid cleaning that dusty library in your place.

So I was wondering: Do you think tablets are eventually going to substitude books forever? Do you think they are going to get extinct at some point?

Please comment!
Well I don't think old books would be replaced by tablets and book stores online. Not really but I think it's going reduce drastically people's flair to reading the old school way by actual book reading.

This is what technological innovation and advancement has brought us. As much as it's aiding us immensely in the general aspect of our lives, I also believe quite frankly that it's costing us as much as it's giving us.

Sooner or later there would be so many lost ways of doing things which people used to follow before the inception and advancement in our technological front.

Sharer002

I guessed tablets will never replace books. Many book lovers and even ordinary people will prefer books (physical books) compared to tablets when reading as reading on the tablet for a longer period of time will damage your eyes. Also as what I’ve observed, I can easily remember the information that I read from books compared to the information that I’ve read using tablets.

Krisha

Tablets and e-books does save a lot of paper and is more convenient because sometimes you can get it free online and also save the trees but if you're a reader, you'd have to invest on medical services for your eyes because reading on screens of phones and tablets really causes too much radiation to the eyes and it can lead to severe damages in the future. I think, tablets will never ever replace physical books. Physical books gives the reader all the emotions that you have to feel and I think that is the reason why people still consider reading books than e-books.

HannaMN

No. Nothing can replace books. There are so many book lovers out there and they do not just read books, they collect them. Tablets are very useful and accessible for those who want to read anytime and anywhere. But on my own experience, my eyes hurt easily when i read using my tab maybe because of the radiation. It's not good for our eyes. And most of all, there are lot of distractions if you use a tablet for reading. Notifications everywhere which makes you stop reading and check the notification first. Unlike a physical book, it makes you more focus.

Judas2018

I think Kindle could one day replace real books but not a tablet. I think the whole 'books being replaced' movement is overblown though. People still like their paperbacks and hardcover books. Folks are definitely using Kindle for comics or graphic novels. But for non fiction or serious fiction reads, biographies, etc.... I see more people still patronizing the good ole fashioned library.

Ellyza de gala

Well it would be possible. However it will take a long time and most of the readers/users still prefer to use the real books. For me, I can easily absorb the content of what I am reading that in tablet.

AskMeAnytime

Personally I think it will not. Because there are still people who would prefer reading books rather than reading from the tablet.
Reading in the tablets lets you search quick the things that you want to watch, but if you've been reading in a tablet for an hour, you would feel that there is some side effects when doing this method of reading. Due to the radiation from the tablet or phone, you might get dizzy and sick.
I would prefer if you could just use books to read. It would train a child to be patient and find the topic/s that he/she wanted to find.

mirabella

I don't think so. Books will still be there less people uses it but it will still be there. Books will always be created I think I'm not the only who thinks that the books have more benefit and legit information. And parents should not be teaching their babies to use gadgets on their early age because tablets have radiation that can destroy their eye sights. I think it is more convenient to use books to teach children in learning and at the right age and the right guidance of parents someday they can use gadgets. But better to teach children the value of books because books is the reason why their is tablets and gadgets today. They should better rely on books than some fake information in the internet.

kammy

Nope! No matter how great technology is, it could never replace something with such value. It will seize to survive as long as history and culture exist in the world.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views