Is the "Ads by Google" section all that good?

PenguinManiac

It's been quite some time since Google has enabled a special "Ads by Google" section to show up on top of your search results (if the keywords you searched match specific criteria).
These links seem to match your likely interests, most of the time, but they are clearly isolated from the normal search result: as such, it's possible that people will disregard them. This still leaves them with an excellent position that places them even above websites with the best SEO rank.

What do you think about it? Are links placed there successful or do they ironically get the short end of the stick?

jyy

No doubt that they certainly do not get the short end. Google ads are some of the most successful out there, mainly due to to the fact Google, along with Bing and Facebook, have a reputation for providing quality traffic. Also, and this fact is more shocking, in 2012 (and I'm sure it's still the case) people clicked on Google's ads twice as often as on organic listings. :)

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Holy cow, that's an insane result. I must have underestimated the number of web illiterate users who really can't tell the difference (or just don't care about that). It certainly helps that such ads are almost always relevant to search results, which automatically makes them better in my book.
Thanks for the info!

Heatman

Yes I think so that the ad by Google do a good job of getting people informed of things, products and services that normally they would not come across. I have come across several Google ads and I simply find them very interesting and useful.

Although I would agree that most times the continuous repetitive nature of the ad bugs me a little but I believe they are really just trying to pass the message across should one not take notice of the previous ads.

Tommy91

Every one has its advantages and disadvantages. If you SEO without the Ads, you will save a cost for advertising but you lose time. And if you pay for Google, you will immediately top up and you have to spend money for Google, but again you will have traffic and customers in a short time.

RajSS

Ads by Google is a very informative and helpful feature for me. I can trust the results as google already analyzes it and gives best options while you search for that specific thing. I almost click on all the ads by google, as they are 99% related to my searches all the time.
I loved the fact that Google is the best IT sector company in the whole world, and it is always trying to be better than before. I can easily trust on the work done by google, mostly google ads.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.