What is the most important lesson you have learnt as an internet marketer?

stoneman

This is a nice thread for us to share with one another how far we have gone with this internet marketing and also share with each other what we have learnt ever since we joined the market..

Most people have been into this market for over 10 years and have gathered a lot of experience in this market, because I know it is not an easy one to have been into the most difficult and technical market in the world, so rarely they will be someone that will come out and say he/she haven't learnt anything in the market ever since he/she joined the market, please share with us so that we can also learn from you and mostly each other so that we will not make further mistakes...

The mistake that lead to my highest lesson as an internet marketer was first sending my service to someone just to prove to him that my service is real, and that person ended up not sending my money uptill now, so that thought me a lot of lesson and I also advice to newbies please don't send your service to someone first, just be Patience someone that needs your service will one day come and will not demand for such proves ...

Thanks

Aryan

I have just learnt It's more dynamic field than any other filed as well as user experience is also matter here a lot.

JoeMilford

I am learning that I need to be patient about building traffic and making a profit at my blogs. I think a lot of people go into freelancing and online employment with the idea that they will make quick and easy money; however, so far, I have discovered that this is not the case, and that freelancing and doing online work is hard work and takes constant maintenance, determination, and creativity. To sum it up, I'd say the the first most important lesson I learned was that I needed to plan and be patient for the fruits of my labor to flourish.

Rob Whisonant

The biggest lesson and the one that finally got me to succeed was...

Be very careful who you listen to. (Learn from)... You want to learn from someone that has what you want and has been where you are currently at. <-- Read that over and over until it really sinks in.

If you listen to someone that is not successful at what you want, you are only learning theory, or rehashed data. In fact it's most likely wrong theory or data since the person teaching it has failed to make it work for them.

runswithleaves

the biggest lesson, theres snakes in the grass that you MUST and NEED to avoid

let me explain.

a snake kills you by biting you in surprise and filling you up with venom so you die a slow and painful death. Similar to a foreign entity entering your space and slowly vamping all the life from you.

So what you must do is protect your intellectual capital, especially when you are a start up. Your intellectual capital as a start up is your ideas, do not under any circumstances be giving with your ideas. I've had all my work stolen from me about 3-4 times in the past 4 months.

Nothing i can do about it now except warn people.

happy hunting ! :D

Heatman

I think mine was patience and not being too confident your endeavors would move immediately. Some things need time before it take off with full force. There are lots of people out who doesn't trust easy because of one reason or another. Some might have been duped or scammed at one point or another.

This makes convincing them to be very difficult, which in turn makes you investment slow in taking off to yield profits.

Heather

Thats sad. Well for me, it is never easy whatever marketing strategy it is, especially when you are still starting and building your own set of followers. Im a member of a site called shopee here in the philippines it is a buy and sell site, I like its idea of giving and recieving a rating, as a buyer or a seller. That way we'll get to track who's a credible member and who is not. I just hope that we could get to do that to every site but it is I know impossible for now. We really have to do some extensive research and endless study on how to creat traffics on our blogs as well. We can't just rely on a single strategy we have to think ahead. Patience is not just a virtue for us marketers but a talent.

shinrei

This is a nice thread for us to share with one another how far we have gone with this internet marketing and also share with each other what we have learnt ever since we joined the market..

Most people have been into this market for over 10 years and have gathered a lot of experience in this market, because I know it is not an easy one to have been into the most difficult and technical market in the world, so rarely they will be someone that will come out and say he/she haven't learnt anything in the market ever since he/she joined the market, please share with us so that we can also learn from you and mostly each other so that we will not make further mistakes...

The mistake that lead to my highest lesson as an internet marketer was first sending my service to someone just to prove to him that my service is real, and that person ended up not sending my money uptill now, so that thought me a lot of lesson and I also advice to newbies please don't send your service to someone first, just be Patience someone that needs your service will one day come and will not demand for such proves ...

Thanks
Patience, Determination, Time Management, Resourcefulness and Creativity.
These are the five words I learned in the market. First, you have to be patient, success needs a lot of trials.Expect things to be hard but always keep your cool and be patient. A beautiful flower needs time to bloom, so does business. Second, Determination will you standing firm in your foundation. You have to focus on success and be determined to do so.Third, Time management is a very special key to success. You have to spend time with your investment so you can make it grow. Next, Resourcefulness will make a big difference because it will tell how long you can survive in the internet market. The internet is a vast world and even if you just own a little of it, it should not be the measure of your success. Finally, Creativity. This is the most interesting because it helps you grow your business online starting from scratch. Whatever you have, use it to reach success without complaining.

tiffiecute

Patience and endurance are the key elements to stick on that element of success. There would be more days of frustration due to idleness or over non-profit of your work, but money doesn't come easy. Believing in yourself that you can hit the mark and you can do well just like other online marketers, will put you in their same seat one day.

juanmarcuz

Taking risk. Sometimes you have to trade risk over gain if you want to succeed. Without it you cant reach beyond your limits. I also learned to adhere to the rule of 'customer is always right'. One happy costumer may endorse you to 3 other potential customer, while one disappointed customer can spread negative about you to 100 potential customer. So we just have to be patient and be always at our best.

Silver Team Leader

I learned that "Patience is not just a virtue for us marketers but a talent."-Heather
And, "Actions speak louder than words!"

Take care and good luck to you.

argel241

The first time I start joining e-commerce a few years back, I was really excited that I thought I would be like that successful marketer like other people who made it on top.I was really eager to start without a proper training,knowledge and yeah strategy:D.I thought it's like selling a piece of cake and I was wrong.My mistake is I rushed things out and unfortunately I did not make it. :D
Anyway, at least I learned from it and it will be my stepping stone to move up.No regrets after all. :)

williamk

Patience and most of it is needed as an online marketer. The other one is honesty, by giving the right information about your products will ensure you can always have return customers.

Keibah

I have learnt that patience and dedication is key. I also realized that it doesn't come easy, a lot of hard work is required but in the long run it will surely pay off.

At first I thought it was going to be easy and fast kind of money thing but I was wrong. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.