Does age really matter on internet marketing

stoneman

As the title of the thread asks, I really wonder if age matters in the market in terms of being sharp or intelligent enough to know what to do, because I can say if I introduce my future son into the market at the age of 5 can he really coup? Maybe from being scammed or deceived ...

Don't really know but that can still serve as a lesson to him, so that before 10 he will become an expert in the business and more brilliant when it comes to internet marketing,

I don't know what you think about that but to me that will really make sense, also if he can really handle it then age doesn't matter in the market ...

Share your thoughts with us thanks

desola

Well to my own little point I would like to say this, age aspect on marketing on the Internet shouldn't be an issue for marketing.
The main thing is what you've got to offer and how you are actually ready to deliver what you have in mind in order to move the business forward and also gain some cool cash into your pocket.
So as per age on internet marketing I think it isn't worth puzzling about rather ear out the proposal and seat back look at the benefits and also the risks involved in it. I believe even the underage now have a more creative and innovative ideas for internet marketing.

stoneman

Hello @desola thanks a lot for your review that is really an interesting reply I appreciate that, you have a nice answer towards this question,

Coming to where you said that "the underaged now have more creative and innovative ideas when it comes to internet marketing" that's a very nice idea but coming to my own idea am saying that the underaged can be deceived easily from clients, because most times as an adult you can figure out when someone wants to scam you,

My question is can the underaged also figure out such things?
Thanks

desola

@stoneman, I know this might seem impossible even we as adults sometimes gets beaten by this scammers but we also grew up in knowledge day by day, as they say once beaten twice shy. So no matter how much you might prevent that from happening, one still fall one way or the other. But as for the underage, with the help and advice of a resounding online marketer and proper guidance I believe it'll be a walk over but make sure you adhere strictly to your instructors instructions and follow proper guidelines

jasminemax

I strongly believe that age is just an numbe. We, can achieve anything at any age, if we try.

Your future plan really makes some sense for me. I congratulate you for this. You can definitely teach all the strategies of online marketing to your future son at a younger age. By doing so, he will achieve a lot.

pjprins

The only time when age becomes a factor is when you need to relate to your audience, and your audience needs to relate to you.

That may prove difficult if a 60-year old tries to give relationship advice to teens, and it may be difficult for a young person trying to give advice on the illnesses that comes with age.

For many niches it won't matter at all.

It's about understanding your audience, and them trusting you.

And that - in my uneducated opinion - is simply a matter of picking your niche sensibly.

Last edited:

happybear

For me, you should be at your right age when dealing with internet marketing. It means you are responsible enough to handle things and know how to face the consequences of your actions. Well it's a case to case basis. No matter how old or young you are, as long as you can adapt changes and can follow what's on trend, internet marketing is suitable for you.

ColdFlameChris

Definitely, not. Age or looks isn't necessarily important when it comes to internet marketing. What's more important Is your skills and experience. That's what they needed the most.

Ithinkmom

Age doesn't really matter on internet marketing as long as you are computer literate and internet savvy. If my daughter becomes a teenager and is interested in it, I will gladly support her and I will be there to assist her. I will make sure that we both know exactly what she is into. Rather than spending too much of her time watching videos, I would be happy to see her being productive and enjoys what she do at the same time.

If my mom happens to be internet savvy at her late 70's and still interested in internet marketing, then why not.

kassy06

Yes..I do think that age matters on internet marketing. I guess children should not be involved with this kind of business. They do not have any idea of what is this and I think they should be protected always.

Adults are supposed to do this kind of stuff and not include the young ones with no idea of such things.

Heather

No. For as long as they already have the knowledge for it. You just have to give them basic information and explain, kids could think outside of the box, they could think of some ways to market that us adult sometimes forgot to acknowledge. Age doesnt really a measurement for having the capability to be a marketing experts. If adults run out of ideas, its not bad to ask kids as they are a good refreshers.

kevgardner83

I don't think it is a question about age as much as it is a question about maturity. If he his 6 years old and he acts like the normal 6 year old then yea I would say in that case it is probably too early because he doesn't have the experience in life that often is needed to make connections when it comes to marketing.

Barakobryan

You should be at the right age before getting involved in online marketing.
Age 12 and below should not get involved in adults matters, they should be playing and enjoying thier childhood.

Don't get me wrong kids can't take a lot of pressure, they can easly traumatize, because of how adult works. Kids will thinks "I'm going to be like this when I became an adult?"

When they became succesful at the younger age, life will be meaningless to them.
Sometime kids didn't take it right, that you're prepering her/him for thier future.
Kids will think "why do we need to study, when making money is so easy".
They'll lose the most important things in life that's "CHILDHOOD".

Note: You Expose your child to extreme danger, child's anti-body or immune system is not fully developed. Exposing him/her to radiation is dangerous.

yahm2001

For me no, age doesn't really matter on internet marketing. Eventhough how old you are or young as above 18 and able to do the job and responsible enough you could be a successful internet marketer. As long as you have the knowledge and ideas on how to do it that's one of your edge.

Gen.fudd

Age does not matter, i think it is not the issue. Marketing online should be based on their capabilities to do the task. There many underaged/overaged individuals who are qualified to do the job. Everyone is at risk of getting scammed, it is just a matter of being careful on what we are dealing with.

Nancy G

The member post made by Barakobryan makes a lot of sense and a precaution especially when it comes to minors. In addition, I do not wish to sound like an overprotective parent but children in general should not be exposed in internet marketing without the proper knowledge and supervision by parent or guardian for safety and security reasons. This is the reason why there are laws enacted to protect minors.

We are all fully aware of cyberbullying, scammers or people who prey on innocent children,syndicated crime/kidnapping, drug trafficking, even maniacs. Giving the children the liberty and the chance to be exposed in such shenanigans and learning from mistakes may have more harm than good and can even traumatize them for the rest of their lives. Some may say such incidents are isolated cases but they are happening. The bad elements are real and taking every opportunity to get a victim either the child or eventual target, the parent.

A five year old is at that stage of development where he has just started preschool. Sense of right and wrong is normally molded by his parents and later by school teachers and classmates . Curiosity and exploring is at its maximum and they mirror what they see . They are learning to be less self-centered and accepting NO for answer. Play is an essential part of their wellbeing. Same is true with children 6-12 years where they are greatly influenced by peer pressure since half of their waking hours are exposed to outside environment. I believe they are not mature enough to make proper decisions, dealings especially with tricksters. Remember the warning most parents say to their kids: "Do not talk to strangers."

The only participation I can think of for the child in internet marketing is when he is the star, talent or endorser in line with his interests and skills, as what is happening in most vlogs or online business / work but accompanied or supported by parents.

Earning online is a good opportunity for the kid to understand the value of work and personality development. The child should realize schooling is still TOP PRIORITY and getting a college degree is a privilege.

In summary, parents should play an active role in monitoring and guiding their children’s development until they reach adulthood. In fact, being a parent is a never ending mentorship. To allow them to work at a young age is a discretionary. Afterall, parents know what is best for their kids.

sweetpot81

Definitely No! As long that you are knowledgeable about the product and willing to do it. Age are just digits and number what's important is your ability, skills and passionate about what you're doing.

Ayie

Age doesn't really matter. As long as he/she understands what they are entering to, and knows what are their goals in entering this field. They should be guided and accompanied by adults if they are minors.

CrabtreeLM

Well I guess in my personal opinion age doesn't matter in internet marketing as long as the kid understands about it on his own will. 5 years old is too young, 12 years old is better because that's the age where the child can fully understand about it, not to mention those kids with very high IQ.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.