Does age affect which Social Media people is use?

alexanderzx360

Hello everyone, I was just wondering about what I just said, is age a factor to consider on which social media does people use? For example is Facebook more popular in younger people than Twitter? Or is it the same? What do you think?

Rob Whisonant

Facebook holds the largest share of all ages. They are way ahead of ALL other social media sites.

stoneman

Well Facebook has all of the above you can get the young, the old in multitude when it comes to Facebook because it is too viral and the old ones are now interested in the social media unlike before that it just came out new, so when it comes to twitter I don't think twitter have such a multitude compared to Facebook because twitter is more of celebrities and youths, thanks

francesca23

I think, age is not a factor. Because adults can now catch up easily with the young ones when it comes to modern technology. They can adjust and adapt in every social media platform, and they can maximize it's benefits. But of course, most adults are serious on what they are posting than the young ones. ;-) I mean, they're not playful and creative, especially when using hashtags.

Heather

Well for me generally No. You cant summarized who uses each social media by age, it just a matter of interests to everyone, that is where tags are going to enter. But basically people now a days adults or young ones have accounts on all socia media. Since it is a great tool for everyone to communicate, get in touch, have updates know whats on trend and to keep up with fast pacing world.

Kieranlewix

Age does not really affect the type of social media one chooses to be in.However,it does play a role in determining what age groups are ACTIVE on the particular social media.With the exception of Facebook which houses almost a fifth of the total world's population,all other social media platforms have specific age groups that are active.If we look at Instagram for instance,the youth are mostly active on Instagram.The other age group which also tends to be active here are the social media managers who are also just a bit over the youth bracket in terms of age.Most people over 40 years of age prefer Facebook and chatting as opposed to posting photos.

Nancy G

I cannot think of social media without mentioning YouTube and Facebook. I have been using these sites for many years and have never grown tired using them as they continue to make improvements and new offerings to make their sites more enjoyable and effective communication tools. They cover a wide range of interests, topics, games, etc. which have vast universal appeal or specific to certain markets.

Both of these sites enjoy huge following, young and old. I know of parents who created Facebook account for their baby to chronicle every stage of their child’s development and 8years later, the child has continued to maintain the account. There is an old lady in our neighborhood who is now more than 70 years old, and spends most of her waking hours browsing friends thru Facebook, if not watching YouTube videos. These two sites have been our internet buddies and will stay that way unless better versions are available in the coming years.

Just like in movies, age may be a factor only if social media sites are really intended for the adult market only. In general, they are for general patronage. Facebook and YouTube are classic examples of being with us through the years.

HazelDJ

Hello everyone, I was just wondering about what I just said, is age a factor to consider on which social media does people use? For example is Facebook more popular in younger people than Twitter? Or is it the same? What do you think?
As what I observed, almost young people especially those who are at the age of 15 years old below do not have twitter or instagram accounts. I could find them as my friends in my Facebook account but I do not see them in instagram nor twitter. They are fond of using Facebook accordingly. However, for those individuals at the age of 16 years old and above, I observe that many of them have Instagram or Twitter account other than Facebook.

szerjhex18

I guess it's definitely not . Facebook is for everyone, there are no restriction on what age must join on said social media site. And i do believe every people can be suddenly trending because of what they do, what they are , and what they have. Because even a new born baby can be trending if it's have an incredible back story. And that new born baby has no Facebook account yet right? And some old people also can be trending also if they did amazing things, heroic act etc. Being trending is depend us, if we choose to follow, support, and liked those we think are amazing the news can be spread easily and it will become instant trending. Same thing applied even the story is horrible and frightening.

Jim15

No it's not. It depends on how these people are into, what they like, their community, availability of these websites in their country and many other factors but the age is cannot be consider. My Father has his own account from facbook and twiiter also my younger brother has this account too.

abby_suxx

well, as far as i have observed, i think it depends on the person. i see some older people use twitter for the sake of following the latest news - since twitter has a fast dissemination of word. but most of the time, younger people like aged 20 to 25 uses twitter. there's something about twitter that attracts such age bracket. A lot of people are also moving to twitter, deeming facebook as very mainstream. but idk, that's how i think it is.

ecole11j

To some extent I think it does. Just about everyone uses Facebook, even those too-cool-for-school teenagers that claim that Facebook is just for old people. Twitter is also somewhat mixed, though I think the audience for it still skews about older depending on what people are using it for. Instagram I would say is definitely for a younger audience. You would also be hard pressed to find someone older than 25 on a site like Tumblr.

aretteprieve

Actually there are some social networks preferred mostly by younger people than others. Of course, Facebook and Twitter are used by every age (as was mentioned earlier) but social media as Instagram e.g. is mostly used by young people, Snapchat by teenagers, so I'm sure there are more such examples

ayeshajan888

I think, age does not affect which social media to use. Nowadays, Facebook is the most recognized social media by all ages because this is where you can find and communicate to people whom you no longer see or heard a long time, this is where connections are made. I have seen social media sites that caters to teenager or young adults only but still adults also join because they want to go with the flow and also learn new things. In general, as long as a social media user is entertained and have something to learn to any site that he joins, age will never be an issue. You just be educated enough on how to properly use it and have etiquette on how to handle anything that you will see in it.

RinziSevilla09

Hi there,

Age isn't a factor in social media. People have different tastes, likes, communities around them. People now can relate on those who have younger ages likes what's on trend, what's the latest news and more. So It's not really a factor.

zanghie0942

I think age is not an issue in using Social Media. Either you're young or old, people are using it. Even if it is Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, whatever age they are using it. I think in terms of social status, many celebrities are using twitter and Instagram. In Facebook, whatever social status, many is using it because it is easy to use and you can express yourself to it limitless.

cassandramnt

I think age doesn't really matter when it comes to using Social Media sites. It is even cool when you're already in your 40's but use Snapchat filters! Internet is so accessible to everybody now at any age you just need to learn the basics then you're good to go. I hope any age range can enjoy every social media platforms not just Facebook. :)

Trent652x

I 100% believe that age correlates to what social media site is used per user. My mom, my aunts, my uncles, and older cousins all have a Facebook account. However, Facebook is where it starts and ends for them. My siblings, my friends, and other relatives similar in age to me have mostly every social media account there is. I feel at a certain age the importance of social media changes, in addition to the uses of them. Older adults have seemingly deemed Facebook as the best way to stay in touch and it covers their sole purpose for having social media in general. Whereas younger adults have more use for social media other than just to stay in touch with others.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.