Is Yahoo still a valuable search engine?

alexanderzx360

10 years ago, there was a constant competition between Google, Yahoo and other search engines, but today Google is the most used. Bing has recently started to improve since Microsoft being involved with it directly and putting it on default on all Windows/Internet navigator, but since then I've heard nothing about Yahoo. It's still a valuable search engine? Is it worth investing in SEO on Yahoo? Thanks!

Ruesnam

For that,start by estimating how often Yahoo is used. For that, start with yourself, how many times have you already used Yahoo to search something? In my case, never!

JonathanS

JonathanS
Very true! However, when it comes to gaining traffic for my blog through SEO, no search engine can be excluded, even Yahoo. To elaborate, yes, I can probably count all the times I've ever done a Yahoo search in my entire life. But not everyone is like me in this case. According to online statistics, Yahoo as of February 2016 still has over 1 billion monthly active users. Keep in mind, it's still the worlds third largest search engine. Because of that, I feel Yahoo is underrated but highly overlooked as a viable means for a source of traffic through search.

Novakin

I never use Yahoo for searching, just for mail. actually I use both Yahoo and Google for mail. Also, I read the click bait news and comments at Yahoo before i check my email :D

spartan14

Well it can work but i think you loose your time .Its better to focus your time on trying to ranking for the huge engine that get the majority of traffic called google .

JohnV

I believe the straight answer to your question is yes. As with most other aspects of your business, the very best way to find out is to test. It should be relatively simple to set up ads on two different platforms and then compare their respective ROI (Return on investment).

Soulwatcher

I can honestly say that I have not used Yahoo to search anything in the last 6+ years and I am sure 98+% of the population of the world can say the same thing. Yahoo is dead and if you're going to focus on anything I would focus on Google and Bing. And as far as Bing goes the only time I ever used it, I went straight to google because the bing results were crap.

Jeff

It still is a valuable search engine. Google is a more popular choice for SEO since majority of online marketers have started with this (easier and a lot of help coming from the forums). You just don't get a lot of "how to get ranked in Yahoo?" type of questions. I would say that it is worth testing out as a way of diversifying your traffic but not recommended to totally invest on it. If you got extra cash, why not?

nesir

Google yes , yahoo not so much , nut i am getting relevant bit of traffic in bing...The way i see it google is the hardest to compete for so if youre optimesed for google youre good in bing and yahoo , i know they have some diffrences in ranking factors but like i said if you have it going on in google you will have it on the others.

manmad

Yahoo certainly is falling off the charts, but I don't think that it's going to fall off completely any time soon, there are all kinds of people on the internet and so are their preferences. I personally know people who use Yahoo, and you wouldn't really expect it from them, knowing that there is Google. The wisest thing is definitely investing in Google, but if you have an excess amount of money you can also try Yahoo.

kgord

I almost exclusively use google for my searches. I have a back up email on yahoo but that is about it. I don't use it for searching. If I happen to be on Firefox which is rarely, I might say, I use bing for a search engine. Yahoo is kind of passe and old hat I think, and not relevant for most.

sidrawat

There was a time when we used to search our queries with the help of Yahoo search engine, that is the time when we have never heard of Google. Over the time, Google dominates all available search engines and today we are living in the time and age when Google comes on top. We can't all together deny the importance of Yahoo though, as there are still people who use Yahoo, however comparing with Google it is slow and doesn't display relevant results about any given query.

JoeMilford

I am not sure the answer to this question, but I can say, from my own personal experience, that I can not remember the last time I ever used Yahoo for a search. Google has cornered the market, for me, for searches, and I am not even sure how Yahoo could viably compete with Google at this point.

Tania997

I don't think it's a valuable search engine anymore. Their mail service can still and will be used by a lot of people, but let's be honest, who uses yahoo to search things on the internet? Google is now the standard and something everyone uses. Bing, yahoo.. They are dead as a search engine. If you think about it, when somebody tells you to go and find something, they'll say "why don't you google it"... That alone should make you understand yahoo or similar search engines are not useful anymore.

Honeymeds

I can still say that Yahoo is a valuable search engine because until now they have millions of subscribers. Some users still prefer to use them because we can't deny the fact that they are one of pioneer organizations online. With regards to investing, the risk is always present.
Ask your self, how much risk can you take to know how much money you can make.

saygorem

I think Yahoo lost the competition already. The most popular search wngine now is Google. Even Yahoo use Google in searching the web! Hehe. Joking aside, I do not hear anymore news about Yahoo. The last news I heard is that it will be sold.

gilaraymark

I can say Yahoo is still a valuable search engine.but for me I only use yahoo when checking emails. google is the top of search engine.anything you can search on google right now. and it is the most, well known search engine today.

Heatman

10 years ago, there was a constant competition between Google, Yahoo and other search engines, but today Google is the most used. Bing has recently started to improve since Microsoft being involved with it directly and putting it on default on all Windows/Internet navigator, but since then I've heard nothing about Yahoo. It's still a valuable search engine? Is it worth investing in SEO on Yahoo? Thanks!
It's still a viable means of looking up information and data but I believe it's no longer that interest pulling when compared to Google. It trended well during its time but now, I think most people have moved on from it. I wouldn't be advising you investing in it.

Aryan

Usually I try google, whenever I don't satisfy with it's result than I go to Yahoo and Bing. In recent years, Google has diminished it's competitors completely. But, still people use yahoo but it's percentage ratio is very very low.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies