Best social network to cater to an old audience?

PenguinManiac

Older audiences are growing larger and larger as time goes, especially in the 40-50 years old frame, and albeit not as prominent as the 30< years old batch of web users, it's still a nice market to cater to thanks to the diversity of interests and the availability of their favourite niches (with health on top of the list)

What social medias, in your opinion, would be the best one to cater to older audiences?

Rob Whisonant

Well since Facebook has the largest share of all age groups..... It would be Facebook.

spartan14

Well i think facebook because it has more than 1 bilion users and in this today world almost every person have a facebook acount .This its like a mandatory field

JonathanS

MySpace? Just kidding (although you could try)...

Well, the main social network I know that has the biggest variety of age when it comes to members is Facebook. I suggest you zero in on what product/service niche you're interested in. Then begin to promote them within certain groups and pages consisting of an older audience. I'd also look into health and general life blogs for 40+ people if I was you.

onlineblogger

Facebook I guess. This media has the largest audience among all competitors. Twitter and Instragram are on the top list as well but they are not as in demand compared to Facebook.

SirenOnFire

Facebook and nothing else. I believe 95% of those aging 50 years old and above here in my town has a Facebook. I'd even dare to say that they're much more active there compared to the younger ones. Others such as Instagram and twitter are foreign to them. It should also be considered that people in this generation and parochial thinkers thus, they're not that welcome to change. They'll stick to what they're used to and old people are used to Facebook.

AmieBotella

Facebook has been the media that can connect the seniors best. Facebook is simple to use, understand and learn compared to let's say Twitter and Instagram. My mother just recently tried Facebook on her mobile and she is enjoying her use of it. Next on her easy learning would be Youtube because of its simple presentation and wide search range for videos she wants to view. So I guess Facebook is the go-to-app for the seniors best.

manmad

Apart from all the jokes with MySpace, your best bet is Facebook. Old people have trouble with computers and smartphones, however if there is an application that their kids have taught them to use, it's most likely Facebook, at least in my country older people don't use Instagram, even though it might be simpler.

SimplyD

Older audiences are growing larger and larger as time goes, especially in the 40-50 years old frame, and albeit not as prominent as the 30< years old batch of web users, it's still a nice market to cater to thanks to the diversity of interests and the availability of their favourite niches (with health on top of the list)

What social medias, in your opinion, would be the best one to cater to older audiences?
I belong to the older people category. I prefer Facebook than any other social media sites because it is easier to use and it has all the ways to watch qoutes, videos , pictures and a lot more.

daneth303

My old man and Aunties and Uncles started using Facebook. Although its quite awkward seeing them doing selfies but I guess just let them enjoy it. So FB is one good option, I suppose.

Judas2018

Well it depends. When we all turn 40 or 50 we're gonna have this social media and computer stuff down pat. I assume you mean older audiences who have never touched a computer before or don't use one very often? Or who grew up in the 70's and now in 2017 have no idea what's going on in tech? Not sure how you could go about building a social network for them without some serious customer or user assistance staff.

BelindaMT

Here in my country, young people switch to Twitter and Instagram. You know the reason why? Because their parents, grand parent, uncle and auntie are using Facebook and they keep on following their children or grand children on facebook and that irritates the young people hahahaha!. Obviously, Facebook is the best for old audience like what other comments mentioned above me, Facebook has the largest share of all age group.

grchl0513

For me, the best social networking site for old audience is facebook. Most of our relatives, family, friends and colleagues are using facebook and facebook is the easiest social media that we can teach to old audience. And for me, facebook is the easiest social media site that we can navigate. Most of the old audience's hobby is to read and watch news, some facebook pages is all about news and current affairs. Also old audience love viewing pictures and all of our relatives, family, friends and colleagues loves to upload pictures especially old photos (throwback pictures) that old audience loves to reminisce the old times. They can also watch videos about cooking recipes because of old audience loves cooking and from their, they can also learn new recipes. And lastly, they can connect from their old friends and colleagues that they haven't seen for the long time.

diels1001

Well, Facebook is the most common social networking site, so I'd say it's Facebook. It became really popular even for the old audience because it is easy and the age gap is negligible. Facebook offers a variety of things to do like chatting with long overseas family members, friends and others, watching videos and viewing photos of their interest and sharing their experience to the world. It is convenient for them because they can learn it easily even of their age.

Nancy G

People in the their 40’s and 50’s are in that stage of their lives where they strive to get themselves secure in prepararation for retirement. They want to make sure their dependents are raised well and ready for adulthood or independence. Since they are mostly busy, use of different social media sites seems to be the convenient way to catch up with people, events, and other basic needs. They just use Google for information they need, Facebook to monitor and connect with friends and loved ones, Skype for business and social calls.

Once they reached retirement (60years and above)and have more time for themselves, the need to connect becomes more of a necessity in coping loneliness and being idle. No wonder, SKYPE, FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE are popular choices.

Skyping brings faraway loved ones and friends closer to home as seniors prefer direct talk than chatting.

Facebook fills the void for information and communication.. It allows the elderly quick updates on friends and loved ones by just simply browsing through recent pictures and posts. It connects them with sites where issues about life and health are shared or discussed . An assortment of games and short videos can be played.

On the otherhand, YOUTUBE answers the need for entertainment Watching their old favourite movies , TV programs and music videos will never be a problem with its wide selection of videos from its different channels catering to different communities all over the world.

jaymish

I hope by discussing this we are not discriminating. You need to know the 'older' generation can't be grouped. They are all different people with diffrent personalities and would prefer different things.

However I think most would prefer Facebook. This is because it has been around for a while and is the most popular social media network in my opinion.

trendjing

I would say it would be Facebook, because it caters to all age group. My parents and my grandmother even have one.

I think the reason why Facebook is in hype among all the other social medias out there is because they started the trend of connecting people, not just by messaging, moreso through pictures and videos that can be updated from time to time, resulting to a more intimate approach in reaching out your batchmates from your elementary days.

In addition, the command buttons are so easy to use that is why Facebook is the right social media even for our elderly crowd.

cassandramnt

Oldies prefer Facebook more than any other site, I think its because its easier to use, can post fast, get updated from your relatives and love ones coz everybody use Facebook nowadays! It caters from teens to adult and you'll get update from news and other social gatherings! So no need to use your radio and tv... haha but yeah, Facebook is really accessible to everybody so i choose Facebook!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.