what is social signal

stoneman

Please in this thread you are meant to share with us in your own way what you really understand by social signal and how they can contribute to SEO ,

In my own way social signals are the likes, shares views that a social page gets in proper alignments with the search engines to rank that very page or value the page,

If you have further definitions you can contribute with us so that we can learn more on this thanks

dhovorka

You really nailed it already. Can we have own definitions of social signals? No, actual not. We need to understand the social signals on Facebook for example why something moves up in your timeline or why does it not appear in your timeline. Now knowing this signals which Facebook for example is analysing, search results, location based information, interest based search, relationship managed signals are all influencing the potential marketing of Facebook.

Instagram, Pinterest, Snap Chat or Google+ have complete different signals and results how they process them. So the question shall be, what could be a social signal even if it is currenlty not recognized or analysed from any social network? Because if I want to build now a tool which find the best audience to be targeted offering my service I want to track not signals alone, I want to track bahavoir which let's me know for example that this person would never purchase online, I should send him a Google map where the closest store is.

And BTW, to SEO contributes only one social network, Google+. All others do not contribute to SEO at all (based on content).

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.