Has a payment of yours ever been declined for unverified Paypal?

PenguinManiac

PayPal constantly pushes people to verify their accounts to remove its limits, but most people who use PayPal probably won't run into them: however, what may happen with unverified accounts is that your payment may be declined because of it.
Honestly, though, it's never happened to me before and I've heard or seen it happen. Has it ever occured to you?

yishak1412

No, it hasnt occurred to me since I have verified my account cause I use Paypal for accepting my payments which I gain by freelancing. But I have stopped using Paypal since it has limited my account for no apparent reason. I was trying to make a transaction of 2800$, Its the biggest amount I have ever done in one transaction, but paypal limited my account and i had to provide them with my SSN# for them to un-limit it. Since then, I have never used Paypal, I switched to Payoneer.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
That happened on a verified account? That's weird. I thought that verifying one's identity through a credit card was enough for them to raise the bar, and I'm not privy to any other thresholds past that. It makes sense for them to keep track of big transactions (they really don't want their service to be used for malicious activities), but block them altogether sounds excessive for the biggest online payment processor company yet.
Is Payoneer on par with PayPal as far as usability and reliability is concerned?

vishwa

I never had any issues like this before. I am using PayPal from past 7 years and it is one of my favorite payment processors. Unverified certainly have some limits and it is also very risky accounts as the owner of the account is unverified.

BelindaMT

In my experience, when I register to instaGC, they will not accept my application because my paypal account is not yet verified. I admit that I've been trough a lot of difficulties to verify it. I applied for a debit card hoping that it would be the solution to the problem but still it didn't work.

I made a research on how to verify my paypal account until I end up creating a new account. I realize that the first paypal account that I create is a business account and not a personal account. The two has a huge difference. Now, I totally understand this payment processor so I didn't experience that my payment was declined.

anor0428

No,because the first thing I did before starting online works is to verify my paypal account. I did some research before and those sites I have visited stated that I must verify my paypal account to be to received payment and for more secured account. So far, I have never encountered any problem on receiving or withdrawing anything from paypal or from my online jobs.

jaymish

It's true that some sites, don't accept payment from unverified Paypal accounts and you can't blame them.Paypal is an international payment site, so people around the world can open accounts with fake identity documents and engage in criminal activity. So Paypal does it's part as much as possible, by verfying. This process has become so serious, that to join some online freelance sites, you need a verified Paypal account before, they allow you to join.Verification is not a hard process, just use your credit card and you'll be good to go.

Judas2018

Even when my paypal wasn't verified which was in the early days, I've never been denied the ability to send or receive money from anyone, anywhere. Eventually though I got my paypal verified just to be on the safe side.

mildredtabitha

I have experienced this on other sites before I knew about forum posting. I did not understand how sites could know my PayPal was not verified. When I submitted my PayPal address, I would be immediately asked to validate it. So I don't understand how a site can know if a PayPal account is verified or not.

I later had to open a bank account and validate my PayPal. :D But I had already left those sites.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.