Facebook memes for marketing?

manmad

It's not really surprising, look at fidget spinners for example, they started out as a dumb meme, but they grew to conquer the world in a way and gained massive popularity that allowed them to be sold in almost every country around the world. I'm from a smaller country and you can see them being sold everywhere here so memes are the business way to go in 2017.

kgord

I think whatever works for you is fair game. Many people are interested in marketing by unconventional means, and if facebook marketing is what gets you the most attention, I think you should go for it. It is simply one of the ways to attract a little humor and a lot of interest in your product.

Nox

It depends on the brand and the target audience. Some brands can pull it off and others fail dismally. With humour and more especially memes, you may have to rely stereotypes or certain relatable situations, which means that there is always the risk that your humour may hit too close to home for some of your audience. offending an individual or a group of people can cause irreparable reputational damage, so you really need to tread carefully in that instance. Memes are great, but I think consistently using memes is not something most brands can pull off. I will say however, that memes have the ability of drawing people in. So you have to draw them in and find a way to keep a hold of their attention. I'm really impressed to hear this is working for your business. You're clearly a lot wittier than me. Keep up the good work!

Judas2018

Judas2018

Memes work for getting LIKES on Facebook or re-tweets and LIKES on twitter. Not sure how much product they sell. I've never tried to use them for that purpose really. I've mostly used them as content to put out on social media as part of a targeted hashtag. Which is actually in my case, a clever way of building buzz for a new companion website I am working on.

fredoman

I think it may work but it can also hurt your business at some point. First is it can work because memes are meant to be make fun by the viewers, if they find it funny then they would like that post but if they find it annoying especially if if you do it in a regular basis, they may unlike your page at the very worst. So for me, doing memes just on moderation will keep your business at safe level.

genesis

They're actually going with the trend now. If people will see their posts and the pictures or info's are eye catching, it'll probably be a hit. Posts having these meme's makes also the viewers updated because they were feeding thru the trend these marketing are using. It's just that they're after what the world is now, to make their business or company better than yesterday.

Website Design Ltd

Memes can often contradict the tone belonging to a business. Whilst it's likely to be an exercise in accessibility, it can too often go the other way. If you're marketing for a B2B organisation, you're likely not to get much traction. On the contrary, if your target market is represented by young internet savvy individuals then go right ahead, but as Nox said, it's important not to get too wrapped up in anything that could be deemed controversial or is a source of contention (i.e. politics).

Nizam18

1. Know Your Audience. Just like any other social media marketing strategy, the first step to creating good memes is to understand your audience. ...
  2. Add Originality to Popular Memes. Image via Twitter.
  3. Keep Up with What's Trending. Timeliness is a crucial factor when you're marketing with memes.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views