Why people prefer Facebook rather than Instagram?

pizzalover

In my opinion, i prefer Instagram But older people prefer Facebook. What do you think?
Tell me your opinion, maybe I'll change my mind.

Rob Whisonant

Facebook has the most people of ALL ages. Instagram does not. Facebook has a much larger market share. If I asked 100 friends.... Are you on Facebook? Most would say yes. If I asked that same group... Are you on Instagram? Most would say... What is Instagram?

So if I want to keep in contact with friends and family I'm going with Facebook.

martindrox

If you're talking about marketing then yes Facebook is much better than instagram, Instagram marketing ways are none adds depended which means on Instagram you have to be a very popular figure with thousands of followers to get the marketing ideas through stories or just normal promo posts. While on Facebook, you can pay for your ads which will reach many people as you demand and it'll get you somewhere!

manmad

The whole design and the things you can do are different. You have your own wall and your own profile, where you can post not only pictures and videos, but statuses too, you have friends and followers rather than people who can only follow you and you follow them back. The way it's designed makes things way different and of course it has a lot more features, such as apps, games and so on.

Heatman

Yes most people prefer Facebook more than Instagram because Facebook is a lot easier to operate and interaction is higher in Facebook than Instagram. Facebook has more participants compared to Instagram and the cost of surfing on Facebook is lesser, Instagram consume lots of data because of the thousands of pictures it carries.

Personally, I have deleted Instagram application in my phone because I don't want to be tempted to login to the application in the future. There was a day I had about 100 megabytes and was enjoying my time on Instagram before I could understand what was going on, all my data finished within a blink of an eye.I vowed never to cross that social network ever again.

AmieBotella

Most people if not all, prefer Facebook than Instagram because Facebook offers more than Instagram can. While Instagram is originally intended for users to use it for sharing photos, it is up to now known more of a photo album rather than for profile and news feed like Facebook. These days, Facebook is considered an essential tool to spread the latest global news in a second. People will immediately react to a news posted by CNN or BBC via Facebook in an instant it was posted within minutes rather than waiting for news in Instagram which rarely or never happens.

vishwa

I think Facebook have large audience base rather than the Instagram and have advertising option as well. Facebook allows you to target your users based on age, location, gender and demographics. From business perspective Facebook performs well than Instagram.

anor0428

I, too, prefer Facebook than Instagram. Facebook offers more features than instagram. Facebook is less complicated to learn than instagram. I cannot say that it is more popular than intagram but most of my friends who have an instagram account have facebook account, too. Unlike on Facebook, video duration on instagram is limited to 3-60 seconds only. These are the common factors that I see why most people prefers Facebook than Instagram.

Zeo

Facebook have a lot more to offer than Instagram can. Instagram is a social media app where you can take pictures and edit it on process then after that you can upload the picture with your own caption, but it is something facebook can also do nowadays, there are filters to choose from for each picture before you can post them and add your own caption, if the filter is not enough you can use separate application to edit the picture, and facebook have its advantage of having the most users so it will still be preferred by most people too.

saygorem

I guess Facebook is much more user-friendly than Instagram. Because Instagram is used mostly by millenials while Facebook is the basic social media known now all over the world. People from all ages can understand Facebook, while Instagram is mainly for posting pictures of people.

gelotologist

I prefer using Facebook rather than Instagram because it’s what most people grow up with. And Facebook is easy to use than Instagram but if you’re a selfie addict then you definitely want to use Instagram because most people used it for some picture filters rather than connecting with some people. I used Facebook to see my messages and I used Instagram to browse pictures.

SimplyD

In my opinion, i prefer Instagram But older people prefer Facebook. What do you think?
What made you say that older people prefer Facebook ? I have nieces and nephews who are young and they prefer facebook. That is because most of their friends are with Facebook. I also like Facebook only because I prefer online writing stes like thise where I can earn and at the same time gain friends from all over the world. I also like to read posts and interact . I feel happy tha way.

grchl0513

People prefer facebook rather than instagram because in facebook you can watch more than 1 minute video than in instagram. Facebook has more lot of features that instagram don't have and facebook is much easier to access than instagram. Facebook also have many subscribers than instagram and in facebook we can easily search our loved ones, friends, relatives and colleagues that we haven't seen for a long time. We can also access in facebook latest news and happenings than in instagram. And also thru facebook messenger, we can easily send personal messages, videos or pictures and we can also do a video chat. And lastly, facebook is more popular than instagram.

skyhali

In my opinion, I think people prefer Facebook because they can interact more, Facebook has a video call, messenger, group chat, groups that you can join with and went first as a social media. Well, I both use it, but I'm more of a Facebook type of person. When I want to see and hear on what's new from the celebrities I go with Instagram. :)

vicsylicious

vicsylicious
I appreciate your thoughts, but in my opinion people just using Facebook not Instagram. They think that Facebook is everything, nothing to beat Facebook but when Facebook users start using Instagram they say that Facebook is the best but Instagram is Heaven, so nothing to be compared to the heaven. Just my opinion.

Honeymeds

Although Facebook and Instagram share the same feature of connecting people, It does not necessarily mean they are the same.
Facebook focus on sharing news and updates through the post from your friend to keep you in the know. Unlike Instagram, she is primarily focused on pictures/ images and artistic side of the user.
While everybody love to hear/ watch news and be kept updated, not all users are expressive enough to show their artistic prowess.
This is the reason why most people prefer facebook than Instagram.

Henrywrites

In my opinion, I prefer Instagram But older people prefer Facebook. What do you think?
I am not a fan of Instagram and I have to say that I am still quite young as well. The reason I use Facebook that often is as a result of the friends I have made there and chatting with these friends everyday makes me feel excited every day that I logged on to facebook. Also, I feel fine using facebook considering the fact that I am not that type of person that takes picutres that often, so joinig Intragram might make me a dormant memeber there.

I think you have to join Facebook where you can have the chance to read amazing posts made by friends that inspire, encourage and push you to become better in life. It has been an awesome expereince since I joined Facebook. So, I think you have to convince me why you prefer intragram to Facebook.

neftaliaiah

My opinion, most of the people prefer to use Facebook they can do a lot things unlike Instagram. I am using Instagram when I want my photos be in private. I use Facebook when I want my post be in public that I want to share it to all my friends online.

jessicarousey

Facebook has a wide range of aspects and not solely focus on one concept. Unlike instagram who's mainly based in photos. Though they have quite the same main idea of "connecting" with other users. In my own opinion I do prefer facebook because of its wide functionalities and features.

Reactions: Kg1

schrudee83

I joined one seminar about marketing and the speaker asked, "Why to use Facebook as the best marketing tool?" He shared that Facebook is mostly intended for business purposes, people are all tied to Facebook and if you want to want to connect in whichever way you can, use Facebook. What's funny is that, currently about 90% of the users use it as an online journal. I'm not being against it or anything but I just saw how it could be a perfect tool for business. Using it productively, makes it more beneficial for everybody.

For me, if you really want to sell out your thoughts through shoutouts, Facebook is your best-friend. But if you just want to show off what you have, Instagram got your back.
Thank you, Marck Z and all of its creators, Facebook is the only social media that has rolled all other social medias into one. And yes, I'd go for Facebook.

teacher73

I have accounts on both social media - Instagram and Facebook. The thing about social media sites, they cater to people's egoistic and narcissistic nature. They are used to validate one's character that when taken too seriously, stipulates a feeling of insecurity rather than empowerment. For some, they use these sites to promote not only themselves but the product they are patronizing.
I'm more active on Facebook than Instagram because I find it's interface to be more beneficial for entrepreneurs like myself. It's easy to promote and keep track of things using it. Unlike Instagram where posts are only limited to photos and a minute long video, Facebook can cater more. This proves how efficient Facebook is in customer relations.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.