Is it better Making a Blog or Using your Social Media Accounts for making money?

pizzalover

I don't know what of these two options it's better for Making Money Online
Share your opinions and point of view I will love to read them.

Rob Whisonant

Build the blog so YOU have control over it. Then drive traffic from your social media account to it.

JonathanS

Well, I prefer the idea of building a blog. Both can be effective methods for making money online. However, with a blog, you own your own content and have different aspects of control you normally wouldn't have solely using social media accounts. If you ask me, a winning combination is starting your own blog, then using social media to promote it. That way you get the best of both worlds while simultaneously still owning the content displayed on your web page!

Eli Maximilien

A good strategy would be to use your social media platforms as an extension of your blog. For example, post links of your blog on your Facebook or Twitter, and overtime you'll start to garner more viewers. Maybe even consider buying some ads on Facebook if you can afford it.

TheAuthor

I must agree with the audience, having your own blog should be your first step (and it is a rather large step) to actually making money online. Yes, social media is great but much more effective when your posts and comments redirect to your own secure domain. Be cautious of sharing raw affiliate links over social media, or anywhere for that matter. Just another reason to have your own blog, because then you can install link cloaking plugins and redirect to your own domain. This way sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn (and the list goes on) will not block, ban or flag your links. Sharing raw affiliate links can even result in your profiles getting suspended. And lastly, do bear in mind that "Blogging" is an entire journey on its own but an exciting one indeed.

rjohndava86

I think using the social media such as creating FB page is better that making your online blog website. If you already famous in social media or your FB Page gather already large number of people you can connect your blog website to it to earn more money. Although it will take time to gather more audience you should be patience at all times. Remember that earning money is not an easy one. If somebody offers you instant money or profit then you should suspect it as a SCAM.

msBlue

For me its better to use your social media accounts instead of blogging. Social media such as Facebook and twitter are easy to manipulate as long as you are active you can gain prospects. Billions of people are in Facebook everyday thus if you need traffic you can have Facebook as your tool to enhance more traffic. Most of people have Facebook and only a few knows what blogging is all about.

Heatman

I think you should manipulate the one you have more followers on. If it's your social media, exploit your followers and fans but if you can route them to your blog account then it's way better. Good luck.

manmad

Both ways you can earn money and they require different ways of acting and amounts of dedication. To earn money from a blog, you'll either have to invest a lot of time so you can earn passive income, or create a temporary blog for a new product so you can get some easy cash. Social medias on the other hand require you to build a stable fan base, which can require a lot of time, however there are methods that can help you do this way faster and afterwards you can use affiliate marketing or CPA.

saygorem

Thanks Sir Rob! Your post is precise and concise. That's a good strategy, make a blog first and then use the social media accounts to link the blog for it to be noticed.

Judas2018

I don't think creating a blog for money is the way to go. There are better ways to make cash online like freelancing and lending your services out to people for a price. Making a blog or online publication should be for something you're passionate about. Once you place ads and drive traffic the money will come. But starting one ust for the purpose of cashing in doesn't work well for most people unless they've got an ironclad system that pays dividends in a matter of months.

tenthztar

I think blogs are better, since you can monetize your content. You also have the choice on what contents and designs you want to put in your blog. Social media is good for promoting your blogs and you cant monetize your content in your social media accounts. So i'd still pick my own blog rather than my social media account to earn money.

pjprins

Rob is spot-on.

The blog (on your own domain) is your own virtual real estate. You own it, and you control it. If you want to shift to a new social media platform, you can do so without any serious repercussions.

But if you built your business on a social platform, and the popularity of that platform dwindles...

So does your business.

Having your own blog is like having a shop, and owning the building it is in as well.

Building a business on social media is like having a stall at the flea market. If it is run correctly, it can be lucrative - but if the flea market goes down, there is nothing you can do to fix it.

At least with your own blog, if something goes wrong, you can try to fix it or improve it.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't put some effort into building a solid following on social media - on the contrary. You need that solid following to drive traffic to your blog.

(and it helps with branding too)

But in the end, social media is a means to an end. It is just one thing you do to promote your blog.

Lastly, remember this:

On social media, your posts have a relatively short life span.

On your blog, your posts can get traffic from Google for years after you published them.

Your choice.

RajSS

Both options depends on several factors like,

1) If you have good and informative content that people would search and love to see, then probably blogging would be a best way to earn, as there would be more traffic on your blog if you create good content.

2) If you have a good number of social media followers, like more than 80,000 on Instagram, or more than 30,000 on Facebook, etc then you can promote different products of different companies for which they will pay you a good amount of money. Companies will contact you directly, or you can contact them, there are several websites, like Famebit, etc

Joie

Having your own blog I think is much better than using your social media accounts. Because for me, social media accounts are quite personal, but you can still linked them to you blogs for them to learned more about you. You can be more creative on blogs; have some widgets, upload videos, and more photos.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.