What are some common social media marketing mistakes business make?

pizzalover

I think one of them is when you don't post frequently on your social media accounts, people would lose interest.

Rob Whisonant

Spamming. Just posting buy, buy, buy. Not engaging their followers. Not thinking, what's in it for the followers.

manmad

manmad
To be completely fair, there is point in spamming, otherwise you wouldn't get any engagement at all. Everything is saturated even when you have great and original content you'll still have to post in a lot of groups to get a starting base of followers, however that doesn't mean you should just post whatever you want to. If you engage with the people on your page and they see something in you, then they will start loving your content and become your true fans.

P.s nvm I understood your post the wrong way, I thought you meant spamming in groups, not on their pages to buy their product.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Spamming is never a good idea. It's what the losers use to attempt to make money. It never works in the end. It always comes back to bite them in the butt. Anyone trying to build a business by spamming is not building a business. They are building something that always crumbles.

You can easily engage followers without resorting to spamming.

Just say no to spamming. It's a road you will always eventually regret. :)

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
It's fine to promote on pages. That is one of there purposes. If you have a group about your services or products, that's fine to. These people joined your page or group and know what they are getting.

Spamming your main feed is where the problem comes in. One, it's not targeted, two, these people are not expecting to be spammed (some maybe that don't know how facebook really works), it's also against the facebook tos, etc....

If you want more people to see your services or products, use paid ads and angle your ads so they actually help people, not just buy, buy, buy...

The more people you help to get what they want, the more you get what you want.

It's really easy to see who are successful and those who think they are and fade into the sunset and go out of business because of bad business practices or greed.

Now an OCCASIONAL quick short no salesy post on your main feed about a new product or service you just released is perfectly fine. That's something your friends may be interested in knowing even if they don't want what you sell.

centurion

I think one of them is when you don't post frequently on your social media accounts, people would lose interest.
Not to update your social media page and groups regular with your website update. Whenever you are updating any thing on the website- you have to update the social media groups and page must. Secondly- for not having responsive on the social media and groups questions and comments. There are huge peoples who can always try to know some information about your business or your service on online. SO you have to answer them immediately and quickly. Your immediate and quick response to there will give you business.

Thanks
Centurion

radwebhosting

One of the biggest mistakes would be not participating or under-utilizing the potential of Social Media

Gazoo

The 2 most common things that I see many businesses make on social media are not keeping active on their social media accounts and spamming a lot of junk posts or other worthless things.

I have seen some big business brands not posting on their social media profiles, not Tweeting and just kind of ignoring their social accounts for long times between doing anything. There are some that I have seen that post several weeks or even months apart.

You would think that these larger companies would want to help drive more traffic, interest and sales through social media use but they seem to ignore it's value.

Now talking about spamming and junk posts, that is more common in smaller businesses from what I have seen but many bigger ones do it also. What I see a lot is them posting the same exact post or Tweet several times in a row. When people come to their profiles they can tell they are just posting repeated junk and most won't want to follow, friend or whatever them.

Social media can really help a business but only if it's done properly. If done wrong it might actually hurt a business.

centurion

One of the biggest mistakes would be not participating or under-utilizing the potential of Social Media
Social media have a great value. Now a day social media has been making huge millions of dollar every day for online business owner and fashion designer or for model or for any other professional peoples also.Perfect presence of social media will give you important value.

The 2 most common things that I see many businesses make on social media are not keeping active on their social media accounts and spamming a lot of junk posts or other worthless things.

I have seen some big business brands not posting on their social media profiles, not Tweeting and just kind of ignoring their social accounts for long times between doing anything. There are some that I have seen that post several weeks or even months apart.

You would think that these larger companies would want to help drive more traffic, interest and sales through social media use but they seem to ignore it's value.

Now talking about spamming and junk posts, that is more common in smaller businesses from what I have seen but many bigger ones do it also. What I see a lot is them posting the same exact post or Tweet several times in a row. When people come to their profiles they can tell they are just posting repeated junk and most won't want to follow, friend or whatever them.

Social media can really help a business but only if it's done properly. If done wrong it might actually hurt a business.
You have to social media exchange or hashtag based social media marketing or application programming interface based social media marketing. In that case you will get success. If you continuous publish your website on several social media groups and pages than social media marks your website spam. But if you do hashtag based social media marketing or exchange based social media marketing or API based social media marketing than you will get specific category and subcategory based visitors and traffic.

jessicarousey

Not measuring your performance
It is crucial that you have an accurate measure of the performance of your page. After all, social media is all about some people you were able to reach out. This is why you should include in your strategy the review of your page performance.

Minimal Interaction with your followers
Social media allows you to be able to interact with your customers. It is the fastest way of being able to answer any concern they have regarding your product. Hence, it is vital that part of your strategy should be doing enough engagement per day.

Not enough time commitment on managing your account
I think it's pretty obvious reason why your social media marketing is failing.

SirenOnFire

I think one would be doing something that only you would be interested of, or you may not have enough patience and perseverance to see through your account that you give up after a while of not making as much as you're expecting to. Another one would be to promote it in ways that would surely make your page famous yes, but would irritate users because of flooding them by your advertisements or the likes of that. You should keep potential customers interested while keeping in their good side.

schrudee83

What I think is that, there is no security in using social media as a marketing tool. One common mistake is that we all depend too much on what ads are posted especially on Facebook, that we don't even bother anymore to look up its legalities. For example on Youtube, there are lots of members who upload videos that have very interesting captions but the content is purely insignificant and the site could not prevent that. While most of the viewers would just click and click, thinking that just because they have millions of viewers, it looked as it's what it really says it is but unfortunately you have been fooled. Any social media sites could not prevent scams and if you're not wise enough, you might be wasting your time and money into something that isn't even legal. I wish they programmed it in someway, these kind of things cannot access their sites. Legitimacy is very important, most importantly if it involves money.

RAQ

One social media marketing mistakes people do is the spamming. Personally, I usually remove an ad that I keep seeing that sends the same message over and over again. That puts bad image to your business. Another one is too slow to responses and the lack of credibility to the product you are advertising.

lucykups

THE ANNOYING ADS that just pops out of the videos that you watch in fb or in youtube! Its really annoying, but you just have to watch it because you really would like to finish the vid. God! I really dont know why they made that up. It really irritates me! I hope they'd stop it cause it really doesn't help

Judas2018

The biggest mistake they make is not carving out a niche for themselves. Every brand should have a target audience and a mission statement. Why should I come to your social media? Why should I re-tweet or LIKE your stuff? What is your reason for existing on social media? If you answer all of those questions correctly, you will do well on social media. But if you're just spamming adfly links and such you'll never make it. Also before you advertise, you need to build an audience. With 20 followers, you're not gonna sell anything. So don't even bother.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.