Should we be using Google+ for marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzalover

If you want Social media accounts for marketing I wouldn't recommend Google+. Do you think we should use it? Why?

manmad

Google+ is pretty much dead and there is not really point in investing time and money into it, better focus on Facebook and Instagram, because they are constantly growing and it might be harder, because every niche is saturated, but there are also people who can notice you.

JonathanS

To be honest, I don't think people get the core principle of social media marketing. The idea is to use all of your possible resources. No one social platform is better than the other. At the same time, no one social media network should be crossed out as a means of promotion. Even if a number of active users are low, it still wouldn't hurt to throw a post or two up just to see what happens.

As far as Google+ is concerned, yes, majority traffic on the site has died out. But you still have a number of monthly users that scroll through the pages. So nothing's wrong with posting a sample article or two with hashtags towards the product/service you're actually looking to promote. Or at least, it wouldn't hurt. Don't waste too much time, but never just totally shut out any means towards social media marketing traffic.

Rob Whisonant

As you can see, we have opinions on this that are polar opposite. One thing you should keep in mind is the 80/20 rule. 20 percent of your efforts bring you 80 percent of your success. So spend 80 percent of your time on those 20 percent of efforts.

Also, you will see a lot of people telling you to throw as much #$&#@$ at the wall and see what sticks. None of them have become successful from doing this. It just does not work. Sure you can make a little money, but you are not going to become wealthy doing this.

Concentrate on one thing at a time until it is successful, then and only then add something else to the mix. Your time is limited, spend that time on the 20% of efforts.

aretteprieve

I think Google+ is useful for SEO. If you want your website to be ranked better, why not to make posts there from time to time?

genesis

Of course. It's also a social media site. People are also using google+. But take note not to just stick into one social media site, you can also use others that has many viewers or people using the site.

romadelgado

Google is a good search engine for anything. But when it comes to marketing products I think Facebook, Instagram are better because thousands of people are visiting it. The physical appearance of the Facebook attracts many people to use it.There are spaces in the Facebook that will allow people to search, advertise, and even order products. So I think it would be better in other social media than in google to market products.

mildredtabitha

If you want Social media accounts for marketing I wouldn't recommend Google+. Do you think we should use it? Why?

Google + is not very popular and I would not recommend it to anyone. It is hard to find people of the same interest who you could add in your circle. It won't be a good idea to use this social media site for marketing.

Google plus is linked to my email and I use it to follow accounts for inspirational quotes where I can read inspiring words.

shanejhane

Actually I have a google+ account, but I'm not using it. I just create only because someone's invite me.
I don't like to use it and I don't have friends there, of course least of people using it. Just don't waste your time and effort to market your business on Google+.

Judas2018

I use it for marketing somewhat but mostly just building connections with people within my circle or niche. Marketing on google plus has worked for me as my posts receive a lot of 'plus ones' and such. I am not exactly sure how good it is on converting customers into sales or anything, but it does have value imo in terms of building a following in another space outside of other social networks.

subhodipd

the majority on this thread believe that Google+ has died out as a marketing platform. However, not many are aware that while Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others may receive much more views and visitors, Google pays close attention to users posting on Google+.

Trust me. When I started doing SEO for my site, it was always the Google+ posts which topped the lists in a search. So, pay heed to Google+ your site will receive its desired results.

jaymish

I agree with the comments about Google+. To be honest I can't remember the last time I was on it. I also agree that you should use all your options. Google+ however is a non-starter. It makes no sense to do your marketing where they are no people. Who will you market to on Google +? I blame Google for this. They should find a way to integrate their social media site to their search engine and e-mail.

Thanks for the hint on SEO. I'll be sure to try Google+ for SEO.

ecole11j

Probably not. There are a couple of niche groups that make use of it (a lot of engineers for some reason), but for the most part Google+ isn't really used. Unless you're trying to market to one of those specific niches that actually make use of it, your time would probably be better spent focusing on more popular social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).

wapaks

I don't think that Google+ is an effective way of marketing. I believe Google+ has a little amount of audience.

Chris DaSilva

Google+ is a powerful search engine marketing tool for companies, influencers, and your own personal branding. Sharing blog posts on Google+ in particular is an excellent way to …

Rank for keyword terms that you might otherwise not be able to Drive search traffic to your Google+ profile and then back to your blog and website

TGiF

You can still use Google+ / Google Groups to make a few posts here and there. Even thou the engagements from this site is not so great, you will still get some traffic to your offers. I would suggest to set up a small site or use Wix to create a site, and drive the traffic there instead.

I have noticed, most of the Groups and Google+, the people there care to promote or market their own products or services, rather than having an active communication amongst the joined members.

So, best way is to entice them to visit your site, by offering a free download of product, that may be of interest to them. Can be an ebook, video, graphics etc...

Example : If you have a site or product on Dog, then you can offer something like a Dog Training video or ebook. OR some great tips on Dog Caring and Obedience etc... and put a link for them to download from your site. Ensure your site/page where the offer is, loaded with some affiliate products etc...to get the most of out your site/page.

Overall, Google+ / Google Groups can still be your source of traffic, not much but still ok.

Best : use Torrent and usenet / newsgroups for extra mojos.

emodafinil

yes you can be the part of google plus ..
google plus is a very famous site through which we can make ads and share it in a wider platforms.
there are many google plus users nowadays and it do not have any constrain over any thing it is very good source through which you can promote your product..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.