Do you think video is the future of advertising?

Marketing Warrior

Hi :)

Have anyone noticed that we there's more ads on social media? Recently Facebook rolled out in-stream ads on their videos, which is what YouTube have been doing for a long time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? how fast do you think the video advertising in social media is growing? How effective are they?
Do you think these platforms may render TV obsolete?

nesir

Here in South africa we already see a huge decline in DSTV ( a paid cable service ). In favor of people watching series , i-tv ( i think thats what its called.) I think traditional Television is dying out.

With regards to your YouTube question. Yes there is no doubt you can go look at most statistics , since 2015 i think it was you can look up at statistica , video, specifically you tube, has surpassed all forms of media for advertising.

With the increase in speeds and power of mobile devices videos are now lightweight compared to what they were years before, buffering and all that.

Even the addition of auto-play on videos is a sign they are pushing it. It is the future of advertising. It will never make all other forms obsolete , but it will be the main form.

The engagement and reaction statistics of of users on video's compared to that of images and text is just in a class of its own.

Heatman

Yes of course I believe that video is the future of advertising because soon attention would shift completely away from audio advertising alone to video advertising.

The reason for this is that video makes a more lasting impression and is more appealing than just audio. In actually seeing the products being advertised and how it's used have a higher tendency of swaying people's interest in favor of such goods and services.

Henrywrites

There is this fact that people tend to understand more things they watch on visuals such as movies and pieces of stuff like that and that is why smart marketers are moving the mode of advertising from audio to video advertisment so that it can help them in selling more of their products. I get convinced easily to go for a product if a video advertisement is done for it using the TV or the Youtube and I know the same can be said of many people out there who buy things online and offline.

Marketers should take note of how powerful impression running a video advertisement has on buyers than what they can sell using just the audio way of advertising.

jojo_1234

That would be a great possibility. A decline in the subscription of CTV's is a sign that TV viewing make become obsolete? Time moves fast while technology develops faster. That is why YouTube has been very successful in their platform because for advertisers and viewers it is very convenient and it also covers wide range of coverage. While YouTube has dominated in this field a lot of people has also taken advantage. That includes promoting their channels with direct links to YouTube. Live telecast and broadcast can easily be accessed. In the long run if I am a viewer why would I go watch the television when I can watch it directly and live on the internet. That is why television companies have modified their product and invented SMART TV's where in you can use your television as a monitor at the same time for viewing or else the era or obsolete TV would be not far behind.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.